I agreed with alot what fisher said last night (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with your high calibre of moral fibre. You must be as equally proud of yourself for "liking" a post where someone said they'd rather the club was liquidated.
For many the club playing in somewhere like Walsall for 3 years whilst SISU load yet more ridiculous debt against it whilst fans are ripped off to watch a youth team get beat most weeks is almost comparative in pain to liquidation.

James Smith

So the six years of lies from SISU and the 18 months of Fisher's reign still hasn't convinced you?
All Fisher did last night was "Duck and Dive" most questions by answering with a question.
The most flagrant "Swerve" from Fisher came when SBT offered to "Broker" a meeting between SISU and ACL. The Arsehole was asked approx 5/6 times and he never even answered that point with a question, because he disappeared up his own arse.
A point that should be put forward again tonight, and if not answered with a yes or no, should be asked again on Monday night!:facepalm:
Paxman style! Did you threaten to overrule him?

torchomatic

He wasn't being "comparative". He said he'd rather see the club liquidated. You agreed. Proud?

EDIT: No one wants the club to go and play somewhere else. No one, but if they did and came back in three years then so be it, better than the club ceasing to exist, surely?

Do Brighton fans feel the same? Would they rather have gone under when they left the Goldstone? Or is it just a distant memory now they're enjoying their success? i'm sorry but wanting your club liquidated is selfish. And before you say it, yes what Fisher is doing is selfish too.

If he wants a new stadium, let him build one, but let's stay in Coventry at the Ricoh while it's built.

For many the club playing in somewhere like Walsall for 3 years whilst SISU load yet more ridiculous debt against it whilst fans are ripped off to watch a youth team get beat most weeks is almost comparative in pain to liquidation.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Err actually you mis read that or I wasn't clear. I was criticising someone for even bringing it up. Player debates are separate from the ownership debate altogether IMHO !

It reads like you criticise him, in much the same manner you jump to shout down anyone who doesn't adhere strictly to your inconsistent views.

How utterly pathetic, Carl Baker professional footballer.......................... paid a Kings Ransom from the North West says 'Just get on with it and support the club wherever and at whatever cost' You want what's best for City as long as that includes retaining your favourite hedge fund, oh Jesus help us !!

I'll turn on anyone who actively supports the cretins who have utterly shamed and destroyed our football club !

If that's not the intention then you definitely weren't clear.

Sky Blue Pete

I'm not disputing that the council may have said they won't work with SISU.
I was disputing the hysteria that perpetuates that SISU are bad owners.

Anyway their reluctance to deal with SISU seems to be on and off as it suits them! Was your conversation with Maton before or after the council agreed a deal for SISU to buy the ACL mortgage off YB and then reneged on it when they got word of the Byng Dynasty?

:pimp:
Not maton and at the last home game of the season

Otis

And I've answered this at least 3 times Torch.

You keep bringing it and I kept answering it.

No point in going round in circles.

I didn't want Sisu to own the stadium but have wanted them to receive the match day revenues and the appropriate rent reduction.

I have never called for 'Sisu out.' It needed to get to a point where there was trust between all sides and this simply hasn't happened.

The only end I can see now is for new owners to come in.

torchomatic

But now you say they're not totally to blame, yet you still wrote to Mutton. I find it really bizarre that fans would do that against their own Club.

Look at us one year down the line; on the verge of leaving the Ricoh and the City. Would that have made a difference if you'd known? or would you still have sent your begging letters?

And "trust between all sides"? Were your letters helping to build the "trust"?

hutch1972

"The only end I can see now is for new owners to come in"

And when they do, eventually we will own our own stadium , a 32000 one called the Ricoh ( unless they change sponsors) not some low grade 3rd rate patch.

Sky Blue Pete

But now you say they're not totally to blame, yet you still wrote to Mutton. I find it really bizarre that fans would do that against their own Club.

Look at us one year down the line; on the verge of leaving the Ricoh and the City. Would that have made a difference if you'd known? or would you still have sent your begging letters?

And "trust between all sides"? Were your letters helping to build the "trust"?
I don't get it torch!! What don't you understand or are you more interested in whose cock is bigger than someone else's to??

There is no trust so which is it for you?

New owner?
Liquidation and thrown out of league?
Sisu own and depressing slow slide over the next 3 years??

Otis

The point is quite clearly made in your own post, Torch. 1 year ago.

Things have now moved on at a pace from there.

Don't understand the 'begging' quip to be honest. There was no begging involved. Just wanted to make sure the council were going to do the right thing and to think long and hard about any deal.

Would I write a letter now? Nope. It's one year on and things have changed. Now it is all about saving this club.

torchomatic

"We" won't own the stadium. Byng and his consortium will or Haskell and his will. We will never own it.

"The only end I can see now is for new owners to come in"

And when they do, eventually we will own our own stadium , a 32000 one called the Ricoh ( unless they change sponsors) not some low grade 3rd rate patch.

torchomatic

Of course they were begging! Read some of them! They're stomach churning: "I implore you as a fellow supporter and a Coventry citizen to do the right thing for our City and not allow these people any form of ownership over this wonderful Coventry asset."

Be careful what you wish for, I think.

The point is quite clearly made in your own post, Torch. 1 year ago.

Things have now moved on at a pace from there.

Don't understand the 'begging' quip to be honest. There was no begging involved. Just wanted to make sure the council were going to do the right thing and to think long and hard about any deal.

Would I write a letter now? Nope. It's one year on and things have changed. Now it is all about saving this club.

torchomatic

In an ideal world, SISU would be fucked off, ACL would be disbanded and the Ricoh would be GIVEN to the Club rent free, handed over. Provisos would ensure we continue to use it as a benefit to the citizens of C&W. Unfortunately, in the real world SISU and ACL exist.

Do any fans own any stadium in the Football League?

torchomatic

coop

sisu have done nothing but shit for ccfc since the day they took over we have no ground almost no fanbase playing in div3 in admin transfer embargo.fuck me and people still want these twats to run the club wake up smell the coffee and lets give new people a chance fuck sake it carnt get any worse

torchomatic

We didn't have a ground before these "twats" ran the club.

sisu have done nothing but shit for ccfc since the day they took over we have no ground almost no fanbase playing in div3 in admin transfer embargo.fuck me and people still want these twats to run the club wake up smell the coffee and lets give new people a chance fuck sake it carnt get any worse

Nonleagueherewecome

We didn't have a ground before these "twats" ran the club.

At least we weren't homeless due to negligent owners not paying rent, though.

Serious question...why the fuck are you defending these people so passionately? Ideologocially you despise everything they stand for, much like me....why, why, why are you so desperate to portray them as the good guys?!?!?!?

torchomatic

True, just by owners who sold our ground, rented it back, built one we couldn't afford, spent all our money and had to negotiate a high rent that we couldn't afford to pay.

I'm not defending them, I just don't think they're totally to blame. ACL should shoulder some of it too. I would be happy for SISU to fuck off tomorrow.

At least we weren't homeless due to negligent owners not paying rent, though.

Serious question...why the fuck are you defending these people so passionately? Ideologocially you despise everything they stand for, much like me....why, why, why are you so desperate to portray them as the good guys?!?!?!?

Nonleagueherewecome

True, just by owners who sold our ground, rented it back, built one we couldn't afford, spent all our money and had to negotiate a high rent that we couldn't afford to pay.

I'm not defending them, I just don't think they're totally to blame. ACL should shoulder some of it too. I would be happy for SISU to fuck off tomorrow.

Seriously...you don't think that you're defending them? :(

It's making Lord's obsession with Devil's Advocate look positively healthy!

Ripbuster

Can we all agree then
Sisu are useless greedy owners....we could do without
ACL are useless greedy landlords we could do without?

Otis

Of course they were begging! Read some of them! They're stomach churning: "I implore you as a fellow supporter and a Coventry citizen to do the right thing for our City and not allow these people any form of ownership over this wonderful Coventry asset."

Be careful what you wish for, I think.

Ahh, the wonderful all encompassing world of hindsight.

Let me tell you something, you know how much I hated Thatcher and all she stood for? Well, back in 1979 I actually voted for her.

It's the only time I ever voted Tory and have never done so since. Can't see my ever doing so in the future either.

Back then though I worked in an industry where the unions were too powerful and ran everything pretty much.

So, I voted for her on her promises. Pretty quickly I grew to hate and despise her for all the bad things she did and pretty much everything she stood for.

Do I regret voting for her? No. Not at all!

That was then. It seemed the right decision at the time and none of us have the benefit of hindsight.

Do I regret writing to Mutton? Not at all? Would I do so again now? Nope.

Last May it seemed the right and proper thing to do based on the facts presented to me.

I never look back, always look forwards. Let's address the situation now and what needs to be done now, not what we did or didn't do before.

And here endeth the gospel according to Otis.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Can we all agree then

Aw, you didn't use the word "umbrella", shucks :(

Otis

All sides are culpable.

We can sit here all day and argue about percentages of blame, but it all seems rather pointless.

For me we need to play here in Coventry at the Ricoh. Have preferences, but really don't mind that much who runs the club as long as we can play here this season and from this point onwards.

We're successful and Sisu will bugger off anyway.

ajsccfc

For the record, if I become a billionaire in the next few weeks I'll buy the lot and make sure the club own the ground. Also you can all have season tickets and a new pair of shoes or you can OPEN THE BOX OF MYSTERY.

oakey

Can we all agree then
The difference is that I am a stakeholder in CCFC and the owners have the responsibility to sort out commercial deals. They have failed.
ACL and CCC are nothing to me. I am not a stakeholder or a resident. They are merely the landlords of the club I support. If they are in the wrong it is a commercial dispute over which it is ridiculous for me to take sides. There are courts of law etc for that.
So when people say both "sides" are to blame or we need to hear facts from both, I disagree. Let the courts sort it if the 2 "sides" cannot. It has nothing to do with any of us.
BUT I expect the owners of CCFC to sort it by negotiation, or in court WITHOUT damaging the club. That means without taking the club away from Coventry, even for a short time, or from the Ricoh, which could be a fantastic asset if the club would do a deal. If they cannot it is time for them to go.
Sell to new owners that can.

TurkeyTrot

Ahh, the wonderful all encompassing world of hindsight.

Let me tell you something, you know how much I hated Thatcher and all she stood for? Well, back in 1979 I actually voted for her.

It's the only time I ever voted Tory and have never done so since. Can't see my ever doing so in the future either.

Back then though I worked in an industry where the unions were too powerful and ran everything pretty much.

So, I voted for her on her promises. Pretty quickly I grew to hate and despise her for all the bad things she did and pretty much everything she stood for.

Do I regret voting for her? No. Not at all!

That was then. It seemed the right decision at the time and none of us have the benefit of hindsight.

Do I regret writing to Mutton? Not at all? Would I do so again now? Nope.

Last May it seemed the right and proper thing to do based on the facts presented to me.

I never look back, always look forwards. Let's address the situation now and what needs to be done now, not what we did or didn't do before.

And here endeth the gospel according to Otis.

Feck me Otis! Don't give me your lottery numbers :)

Users who are viewing this thread