I agreed with alot what fisher said last night (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I just do not buy this SISU are abhorrent bit! they are an owner and fund the club!
this "abhorrence" is pure hysteria whipped up by balloon tying stakeholders that should know better!
Why should SISU not get support just as much as a "NEW" owner?

:pimp:
I could give reasons why and so could others but fundamentally it's not important. However i have it on good authority that sisu are not trusted so no deal is possible.

The rights or wrongs of this are just not up for debate.

2 choices once out of admin though are that those 3 deal with the new owners or I and many others will be very cross

If Sisu maintain control I and many others will be very cross if there is no deal on using the Ricoh for 3 years while the new stadium is built.

Again I see no logical or rational argument for Sisu to continue as owners and this is why I think the ground share and new stadium arguments are bollox

James Smith

I agree wth the sentiment of a new ground too. However, leaving Coventry in the meantime is a mistake. They need to negotiate with ACL to play at the Ricoh in the interim. I want to hear what CCC and PWKH have to say about it all too. Fisher said they have documents sent to CCFC stating that ACL will never broker a deal. If this is true then it changes the whole complexion of things.
It may be that ACL will only talk to the lease holder which at the moment is Mr Appleton and LTD which I could understand. I agree however that the first thing that needs to happen is for people to provide evidence - on both sides - to back all these claims up. It will be very interesting to see who has what and who signed what. I can't wait to see the evidence Tim has that shows they did a deal with the council, that should be very interesting.

RoboCCFC90

I could give reasons why and so could others but fundamentally it's not important. However i have it on good authority that sisu are not trusted so no deal is possible.

2 choices once out of admin though are that those 3 deal with the new owners or I and many others will be very cross

If Sisu maintain control I and many others will be very cross if there is no deal on using the Ricoh for 3 years while the new stadium is built.

Again I see no logical or rational argument for Sisu to continue as owners and this is why I think the ground share and new stadium arguments are bollox

So if SISU do continue as owners like TF is suggesting what do you expect to happen in regards to fulfilling our fixtures?

James Smith

I do too - I think SISU have messed up in lot of ways, but with the introduction of FFP rules it makes the revenues stream for the club vital for survival never mind success, ACL have sold those rights to compass and it is clear that the club needs this income. I agree to the point that if SISU are the only show in town we should ALL maybe give them support it might just work out for us in the long run, I don't want to go to Walsall if it were to be Blues it would be easier for a lot of us and nearer for most, I am getting tired of all this now and just want to move on maybe this is the way forward for us. The message was clear that the club is NOT for sale so what choice do we than to back CCFC (Not SISU) If they club gets a offer from PH4 or The Chinese then so be it until then I have decided that I am going back to supporting my Club, I am at the forum tonight and will if I get the opportunity say this - I hope the rest of our support bite the bullet on this and continue to support OUR Club.
But if revenue is so important why didn't SISU/CCFC continue with the purchase of the Charity share? That would have given them a seat at the table and they could have had more say. Why didn't they contact Compass, when ACL offered? Why are they hobbling us for at least the next three seasons under FFP?

Sky Blue Pete

So if SISU do continue as owners like TF is suggesting what do you expect to happen in regards to fulfilling our fixtures?

Head hurts trying to work it out and there are far more wise posters on here than I

I think new owners will buy Ccfc ltd and negotiate a price with Sisu for holdings over the next few months

Going on from your assumption that Sisu win the bid to pay off their own group debts then I can't see any other scenario than liquidation.

Ground share won't happen, new ground won't happen.

Those are the only 2 logical and rational ends to this current mess!

Like I say Sisu are no better or worse than many of our previous owners going back decades the big difference being they are not coventry people and to many they makes it easier to be harder on them

Suckered - go back and read my original post. better still give me a solution to the club (SISU) not selling to anyone, ACL/CCC not allowing us to play at The Ricoh, what do we do? I am only repeating what I have heard last night as SISU are the only ones willing to speak it hard to formulate an opinion otherwise because everything is just conjecture...SO?

Totally agree - I really can't believe how some are totally suckered in by Tim 'We have no debt' Fisher and his management waffle - he was squirming like David Brent at times the snake! Forget the revenue streams they are all being paid to SISU via management fees.

The accounts are a mess, but Fisher signed them off!The Golden Share discussion was a total deflection !! THEY (SISU) are holding up the administration process!

RoboCCFC90

Head hurts trying to work it out and there are far more wise posters on here than I

I think new owners will buy Ccfc ltd and negotiate a price with Sisu for holdings over the next few months

Going on from your assumption that Sisu win the bid to pay off their own group debts then I can't see any other scenario than liquidation.

Ground share won't happen, new ground won't happen.

Those are the only 2 logical and rational ends to this current mess!

Like I say Sisu are no better or worse than many of our previous owners going back decades the big difference being they are not coventry people and to many they makes it easier to be harder on them

I don#t disagree with that Pete we haven't had good owners and maybe this isn't all SISU's fault, perhaps it's a gathering of events from over the years that has left the club in the mess that it's in and I can't say ACL/CCC hands are clean in this situation.

At the moment nobody knows what's going to happen and it's impossible to tell, it would be very easy and acceptable to have new owners, but if that's the case the club needs to own 100% of the stadium and the CCC/ACL need to pull away for the good of the club and community. If on the other hand SISU stay then how long is a piece of string?

Leamington Pete

I just do not buy this SISU are abhorrent bit! they are an owner and fund the club!
this "abhorrence" is pure hysteria whipped up by balloon tying stakeholders that should know better!
Why should SISU not get support just as much as a "NEW" owner?

- Because they've had their chance and blown it. Now only their stubborn "the club is not for sale" stance is stopping us moving on with new owners who want to invest and do it properly. SISU want to blunder on because of loyalty to their investors and a desperation to save face. £70 million of debt is not the fault (or problem if you like) of the supporters, it's SISU's mismanagement, so why don't they do the right thing and sell up?

James Smith

Suckered - go back and read my original post. better still give me a solution to the club (SISU) not selling to anyone, ACL/CCC not allowing us to play at The Ricoh, what do we do? I am only repeating what I have heard last night as SISU are the only ones willing to speak it hard to formulate an opinion otherwise because everything is just conjecture...SO?

when have ACL said that we can't play at the Ricoh? Last statement I saw said that the doors are open
ACL lawyer said:
“So that there can be no doubt whatsoever among Sky Blues fans, ACL would be delighted for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena next season. Nobody connected to the football club has yet approached ACL in this regard."

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2013/05/03/92746-33279936/

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

For City to stand any chance of returning to the Premiership it has to be in a multi-income stream 25K capacity or larger complex.

This is not compatible with the plan TF spouted last night.

If you follow him you are voting for Division 3 football, year in & year out.

He also made great play of FFP rules, these rules only apply to D3 & 4, they don't apply in the same way in the Championship, to obtain promotion from that level it is necessary to put some money in as the FFP rules allow a degree of losses to be sustained & they'll always be someone prepared to put money in to a Championship club for a tilt at the Premier league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blue Dal

You sure? Martinez poached by wigan, Sousa poached by Leicester, Rodgers poached by Liverpool?

I knew you come out with that response ... I am talking about how they held on to there good managers in League 1 and championship before they took them to the Prem. It's always evitable that the wealthier premier league clubs will poach your managers one's you hit the Prem or sometime when you relegate from the prem. This is happening to us in while we in League1! Leaague1!!

How bad can it get when our owners can't hold onto managers in this league we are in. Was this not the case with Robins, the only guy that could have got us promoted. , also they couldn't hold on to Goldy for a bit longer too .

Is that progress in motion? Think not.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

I knew you come out with that response ... I am talking about how they held on to there good managers in League 1 and championship before they took them to the Prem. It's always evitable that the wealthier premier league clubs will poach your managers one's you hit the Prem or sometime when you relegate from the prem. This is happening to us in while we in League1! Leaague!!

How bad can it get when our owners can't hold onto managers in the league we are in. Was this not the case with Robins, the only guy that could have got us promoted. , also they couldn't hold on to Goldy for a bit longer too .

Is that progress in motion? Think not.

They lost Rodgers after they got to the Prem, the others beforehand.

However Swansea weren't lucky enough to have a "football man" at the helm like we did with Ranson.

Sky Blue Dal

For City to stand any chance of returning to the Premiership it has to be in a multi-income stream 25K capacity or larger complex.

This is not compatible with the plan TF spouted last night.

If you follow him you are voting for Division 3 football, year in & year out.

He also made great play of FFP rules, these rules only apply to D3 & 4, they don't apply in the same way in the Championship, to obtain promotion from that level it is necessary to put some money in as the FFP rules allow a degree of losses to be sustained & they'll always be someone prepared to put money in to a Championship club for a tilt at the Premier league.

Well said!! :claping hands:

Sky Blue Dal

I am now going to leave this topic and finish it off with if the administrator and FL decide to give CCFC Ltd back to SISU , then it is inevitable that liquidation will be in the horizon sooner than expected, even before this so called stadium get completed.

Fisher himself had reiterated liquidation to the media before taking CCFC ltd administration. Why should it be any different now if they re-claim ltd. nothing will have changed as there debts will still be there and will carry on accumulating.

He is feeding all the sky blue fans false aspirations and hope that will all collapse in front of there eyes when they realise that they have bitten off more than what they can chew . This will only lead to liquidation for sure as time will be against them.

Just hope in a couple of weeks time we get the right result that is in the best interest of the club and please don't let it be SISU.

Last edited:

torchomatic

The Pied Piper of Mayfair.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

James Smith

Ok - so you take there word against TF's? well the only way to find out is to get a public forum so we can see who done what...they both cant be right?
Well what I suspect Tim may be referring to is that ACL have said that they will only deal with the administrator in regards to the lease not him. The Administrator is looking after Ltd who hold the lease so Tim would need to talk to the Administrator about the lease I guess, not ACL.

dadgad

But if revenue is so important why didn't SISU/CCFC continue with the purchase of the Charity share? That would have given them a seat at the table and they could have had more say. Why didn't they contact Compass, when ACL offered? Why are they hobbling us for at least the next three seasons under FFP?

Exactly right.
They have some other agenda or because of pride they refuse to walk away.

Whatever, the club suffers while they stay.

grego_gee

No you couldn't! We have analysed discontent with SISU on another thread, and most of the reasons don't stand up!..

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/31495-why-we-are-so-dissatisfied-with-SISU-and-could-we-expect-any-better-off-new-owners

Unless you want to try again...

Otis

Well what I suspect Tim may be referring to is that ACL have said that they will only deal with the administrator in regards to the lease not him. The Administrator is looking after Ltd who hold the lease so Tim would need to talk to the Administrator about the lease I guess, not ACL.

That's what I thought he was alluding to too. He put his spin on it though.

As CCFC Ltd are in admin they believe they need to deal with things through the administrator ACL.

Sky Blue Pete

You will also notice grego I am not saying that's ok it's just that these are the facts. You want to let a house with me but last time you left me to pay all the debts. Quid pro quo I will not let with you again.

You may have your reasons I may have mine. Irrelevant I will not work with you again unless it suits me or I can not afford to go forward on my own. Again senior Councillor has said to my face that there are othe interested parties so why should they work with Sisu??

torchomatic

Using the old chesnut house analogy, what if you threw your tenant out even though you didn't have anyone to replace them? Would you rather have an empty house?

You will also notice grego I am not saying that's ok it's just that these are the facts. You want to let a house with me but last time you left me to pay all the debts. Quid pro quo I will not let with you again.

You may have your reasons I may have mine. Irrelevant I will not work with you again unless it suits me or I can not afford to go forward on my own. Again senior Councillor has said to my face that there are othe interested parties so why should they work with Sisu??

stupot07

They lost Rodgers after they got to the Prem, the others beforehand.

However Swansea weren't lucky enough to have a "football man" at the helm like we did with Ranson.

And weren't leicester also in the championship when Sousa left Swansea for them?

Otis

No you couldn't! We have analysed discontent with SISU on another thread, and most of the reasons don't stand up!..

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...and-could-we-expect-any-better-off-new-owners

Unless you want to try again...

The main reason though is that ACL and the council seemingly do not trust Sisu. If there were owners they felt they could work with we wouldn't be where we are today.

There is a total distrust at the moment and as the council need to represent the people of Coventry they have to ensure the Ricoh is in safe hands.

I'm sure if it were to be sold in it's entirety and became a totally independent business, then they wouldn't give two hoots, but as it is owned by the council in part then they have to protect their interest.

Trust is a major part of all this and both the council and ACL have said they don't like the way Sisu operate as a business or they way they deal with people.

Not all Sisu's fault by a long chalk but now the testosterone has kicked in it's all become a bit of 'my bollocks are bigger than your bollocks' nonsense.

As someone said on the forum last night, a few heads need banging together.

Ripbuster

IMO
Sisu do not want to own 50% and they don't want to rent it either,they don't even want to build a pisspoor stadium.......History points to them wanting out without any loss to their investors.

A quote from a while back..Coun Mutton said , we would want to go through Sisu’s business dealings, and any future business case, with “a fine-toothed comb”.

If Sisu stay "My c***s a cucumber! :wave:

stupot07

The main reason though is that ACL and the council seemingly do not trust Sisu. If there were owners they felt they could work with we wouldn't be where we are today.

There is a total distrust at the moment and as the council need to represent the people of Coventry they have to ensure the Ricoh is in safe hands.

I'm sure if it were to be sold in it's entirety and became a totally independent business, then they wouldn't give two hoots, but as it is owned by the council in part then they have to protect their interest.

Trust is a major part of all this and both the council and ACL have said they don't like the way Sisu operate as a business or they way they deal with people.

Not all Sisu's fault by a long chalk but now the testosterone has kicked in it's all become a bit of 'my bollocks are bigger than your bollocks' nonsense.

I agree, but i do have a problem with ACL dictating who can or cant own the club.

torchomatic

Yes, I have a problem with that too. And I wonder if future owners will too. The football club and the Council should be wholly separate. And if they interfere because of their interest in the Ricoh then it's even more imperative to ditch ACL once and for all.

I agree, but i do have a problem with ACL dictating who can or cant own the club.

torchomatic

So why write to Mutton begging him not to sell to SISU then?

Otis

Trouble is, as ACL are a charity and the council represent the people of Coventry they have to be seen to be doing the right thing don't they?

As everyone has said, the key to the Ricoh is the surrounding land. Would the council be prepared to allow this land to fall into the hands of a group of people they simply cannot work with?

I don't think it's a case of ACL dictating to be honest. It could well be that there are 8 bidders and amongst those 8 there is one company they are simply unable to do business with and that is Sisu.

Surely we wouldn't wish ACL and the council to do a deal with an untrustworthy group of businessmen would we?

It's all conjecture of course, but the council and PWKH have said they have been appalled by the way Sisu conduct their business and they find it all but impossible to work with them.

The blame is not all on Sisu for sure. Everyone is culpable but we now are where we are.

All I want is simple. The club to play at the Ricoh and to receive all the revenue streams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread