Idiots with the whistles (3 Viewers)

ajsccfc

That still isn't really conclusive in fairness, it shows the ball was near him but it was still zipping along thanks to the Bolton player shanking it. You could quite easily pass it off as two players assuming the other will cover as much as you could that they stopped due to a whistle.

steve82

e92ff2834139821b74ec3c6aee62b954.jpg

It's amazing that a mistake happens at the point a whistle is blown, Reilly believes it's the ref stops, realises it's not as clarke behind screams too in the following scenes, Reilly slips in a attempt to quickly recover but out of it all it's light weight Reuben lameries fault.

Lameries was shaped to give a outlet going forward.... to many haters wanting to blame a light weight player in lameries

pastythegreat

Don't get that. how is it turning on fans? this was just a handful of idiots wasn't it? Wasn't a great big group of fans.

If everyone had whistles then I think you would have a point, but having a go at a few mindless idiots I don't think would have any repercussions at all, especially as the protest group said the whistles were nothing to do with any protest yesterday.

It was just a handful of idiots.
And look at the noise this so called "handful of idiots" has made on here about it over the last 24hours! Idiots follow idiots and although it was 10 people blowing whistles, 50 people have already jumped to defend them/have a go at sisu lovers etc! It may not have been jimmy hill ways protest, but the people doing it are the brain dead followers on fjhw therefore the people they need to 'keep on side'!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

The idea of protest that has been put into a section of supporters heads mainly by The Jimmy Hill way has caused the shite that happened yesterday. Yet the assorted bureaucrats involved with that group has tried to distance itself from it on twitter and make excuses like the whistle was blowing when we scored our second. Its a fucking joke that they can't man up and say that any protests should be properly arranged and ask for fans to support the team at all times and ditch the whistles from now on. The Sky Blue Trust should also echo the sentiment. Are these two groups one and the same now? If so, what is the point? just make one group and properly organise the protests.

D

Deleted member 4439

Dubed, there have been a few arguing there was no whistle.

True, but only once, due to a lack of available video evidence at the time, the thread had descended into a debate about the event of there being a whistle, rather than whether a whistle had caused the team to concede. The use of fallacious argument and strawmen are usually the way internet discussions descend into heated debates, name-calling and the use of the words "fuck" and "idiot".

ajsccfc

Look at the players throwing their arms up, that doesn't happen in a regular mixup

That's the way I'm still leaning, but they could be asking why they've let the ball get away from them in a dangerous position in injury time.

My immediate thought when it happened was first that play had stopped, and then that the players had hesitated thanks to the whistle. I still think that's the case as it only takes a split-second of hesitation and all, but I can't say for definite with this.

Brylowes

There's hardly anyone who said there was NO whistle. Quite a few people saying they didn't hear it though.

Be nice if Reilly came out and actually said it did affect him. If he did that it might actually get through to the numbskulls not to do it again.
Or too say it didn't affect him,
The numbskulls should pack it in with the whistles, whether it di or not.

chiefdave

As I said, the club need to issue a warning that anyone blows a whistle will be barred and get the stewards to watch out for it.
Can imagine the response, would be similar to when Fisher said about people going onto the pitch being banned. Equally if you have the stewards wading in confiscating whistles its likely to all kick off like it did when they tried to take a banner.

Nick

Administrator
Saw the trust had made a statement and thought fair play, then I read it:

However the Sky Blue Trust believes the continued random blowing of whistles by individuals is proving counter-productive both in terms of an instrument of protest and in causing division amongst supporters.

Whilst to most fair minded observers at the match the cause of the Bolton equalising goal was simple defender error, some elements are blaming a whistle for causing momentary confusion in City’s ranks.

This form of protest is now doing more harm than good to the protest movement which we are fully behind and the Trust is calling on all supporters to cease the use of whistles at games

The Trust continues to fully support the efforts of The Jimmy Hill Way Alliance to rid our club of owners SISU, fully backs Russell Slade and the team and calls for all supporters to unite together behind both the protests and the team but without the whistles.

What's a fair minded observer and what's an element?

Why the need for the petty crap like that? It says about division, then follows it up with that that is actually also dividing.

Who writes this? It's just making it worse, no need to add that bit in just keep it at dont whistle as it could cause issues.

torchomatic

Saw the trust had made a statement and thought fair play, then I read it:

What's a fair minded observer and what's an element?

Why the need for the petty crap like that? It says about division, then follows it up with that that is actually also dividing.

Who writes this?

They've got a nerve, haven't they? So you're fair minded if you agree with them and an element if you don't.

Nick

Administrator
They'd have been better off saying nothing at all instead, that's incredibly snide.

would have been easier to just say please dont blow whistles and say it interferes with games. Job done.

As always, there's some sort of dig in there.

CJ_covblaze

"To most fair minded observers"

Meaning most of those that are fair minded feel that way. Not all that are fair minded, just most. Not every fair minded person feels the same way about everything do they?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sky Blue Trust are a bunch of attention seeking cunts, probably one of them twats who blew the whistle which caused the goal and thought it was a great laugh afterwards.

Nick

Administrator

Meaning most of those that are fair minded feel that way. Not all that are fair minded, just most. Not every fair minded person feels the same way about everything do they?

Why put that bit in? What need at all was there?

Does that people people who don't agree aren't fair minded and are an "element"?

Do you really not see how you touched on division then did exactly that below?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I disagree, it would have have been more accurate to change most to a small hand full of fair minded observers.

torchomatic

I thought the whistle affected play. Am I presumably then one of the "elements" who isn't "fair minded"? It's a joke, it really is. You could easily have issued a statement asking fans not to bring whistles to games without the unnecessary snide labelling.

CJ_covblaze

I thought the whistle affected play. Am I presumably then one of the "elements" who isn't "fair minded"? It's a joke, it really is. You could easily have issued a statement asking fans not to bring whistles to games without the unnecessary snide labelling.

I read it like I stated in my previous post.

Nick

Administrator

• Coming from someone who argues on here all day and everyday, world class hypocrisy.

Yes, I'm not a statement for a fans group mentioning "division" am I? I'm sure you will see the difference.

Still, at least you didn't deny a dig in there.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I read it like I stated in my previous post.

Undefendable and unnecessary. How do you know that "most" are fair minded? Whoever writes your statements needs replacing with someone more fair minded. I think you have an element in the SBT who are determined to divide the average fan base.

CJ_covblaze

It means you have a different opinion to others. Like I have with others. Nothing more than that. As I said above that doesn't mean you're not fair minded. It just means that various fair minded indiduals can have differing views and opinions just like me and you both do.

We were asked by fans on here and other platforms to request for whistles to stop. We didn't ask people to start using them in the first place but we made the request anyway. Is that the wrong thing to do?

Nick

Administrator
It means you have a different opinion to others. Like I have with others. Nothing more than that. As I said above that doesn't mean you're not fair minded. It just means that various fair minded indiduals can have differing views and opinions just like me and you both do.

We were asked by fans on here and other platforms to request for whistles to stop. We didn't ask people to start using them in the first place but we made the request anyway. Is that the wrong thing to do?

It's not about opinion.

Can you really not see what people have the issue with? It doesn't read at all like that.

Yes, make a statement but there is no need for the snide shit. It's the same with statements regarding CCFC too, always the snide bit in there that ruins the rest of it.

What are "other elements" also? You do realise at some point you will need to listen to opinions and feedback you don't like don't you without saying they are "other elements"?

CJ_covblaze

Undefendable and unnecessary. How do you know that "most" are fair minded? Whoever writes your statements needs replacing with someone more fair minded. I think you have an element in the SBT who are determined to divide the average fan base.

Because I like most like to see the best in people and assume most are fair minded. Is there anything wrong with that?

Feel free to put yourself forward. No problem with you doing that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you are retracting the word most from the statement?

Nick

Administrator
Because I like most like to see the best in people and assume most are fair minded. Is there anything wrong with that?

Feel free to put yourself forward. No problem with you doing that.

And there's the standard reply.

Yes, there is something wrong with it because there is no need at all to even mention that and make it divisive is there? No need at all to make it the fair minded people vs "the elements".

Why not just leave it at:

The series of protest organised by The Jimmy Hill Way Alliance have very successfully highlighted the plight of the club nationally and locally. The peaceful on pitch protest during the match against Sheffield United was seen by a national TV audience and yesterday’s sit in also gained good coverage.

Hopefully these and future activities will continue to pile on the pressure onto SISU and make their investors question their involvement with SISU and therefore our club.

During the Sheffield match the atmosphere was successfully stoked up by the use of large numbers of well co-ordinated whistles from certain sections of the crowd, highlighting the frustration and anger amongst the majority of Sky Blue fans. However the Sky Blue Trust believes the continued random blowing of whistles by individuals is proving counter-productive both in terms of an instrument of protest and in causing division amongst supporters.

Why the need for the next line at all?

torchomatic

No, you are saying exactly what you say in the statement.

I agree we all have an opinion. Your official statement, a statement from the official fans organisation is saying if you agree with us then you are "fair minded" if you don't then you are an "element" of some kind. It's not really about the whistles anymore, it is about the way you divide the fan base, whether it is intentional or not. There was no need to mention those phrases and I am staggered that you and others in the Trust thought the statement was suitable or even "fair minded". It is patently obvious, it isn't.

CJ_covblaze

It's not about opinion.

Can you really not see what people have the issue with? It doesn't read at all like that.

Yes, make a statement but there is no need for the snide shit. It's the same with statements regarding CCFC too, always the snide bit in there that ruins the rest of it.

What are "other elements" also? You do realise at some point you will need to listen to opinions and feedback you don't like don't you without saying they are "other elements"?

Some elements of the fanbase are blaming whistles. That is true isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
Some elements of the fanbase are blaming whistles. That is true isn't it?

No, it isn't "elements" at all. What "elements" are blaming whistles do you think? What is an "element" of fans?

You were clearly being snide and it's backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread