Idiots with the whistles (2 Viewers)

CJ_covblaze

Yet again, the trust show themselves up. Surprise surprise! The irony of calling SCG a closed group and not fit for purpose. Well, that's exactly what the trust is. SISU don't listen to fans, nor do the trust unless you agree with them.

I expect the usual retort of what do you do, at least there doing something, do it yourself then. Well, the trust are doing nothing of benefit, like most they throw that at.

I am not going to use the "well what are you doing" card. Just going to say that there are a couple of seats free on our board and anyone is welcome to put themselves forwards. Please feel free, I'd certainly welcome it.

Captain Dart

Yes I think that its separated into fair minded people and other elements (i.e everyone else) is what rubbed people up the wrong way. Elements itself doesn't have any negative connotations itself but in the context of the line it does.

Its the same as writing most fair minded fans.....whilst others.......

it implies that these other 'elements' are not part of the group which are fair minded.

I think most fans are not fair minded, they are partisan and would look for any excuse, that's what fans are like, a bit fantical. :)

CJ_covblaze

In fairness to the Trust; apart from the unnecessary line about the fairness of observers, the actual aim and message in the statement should be applauded.

Thank you. Will take that on board and pass it on.

Nick

Administrator
I am not going to use the "well what are you doing" card. Just going to say that there are a couple of seats free on our board and anyone is welcome to put themselves forwards. Please feel free, I'd certainly welcome it.

No, you use the next favourite one instead.

giphy.gif

torchomatic

Not at all. We agree that whistles should not have been used during the game and for it to stop. I believe the goal wasn't because of one being blown. If you have a different opinion to me, like the wife and some of my family do, you and they are perfectly entitled to that opinion as I am to mine. Please can you respect that? Not everyone is going to see everything the same way. Even if they live in the same house or work in the same building. That's how this argument started in the first place! To make things easier I now won't comment on if the goal was or wasn't caused by a whistle. Up to you and everyone else to decide if it's worth still talking about, whether they share my opinion or your opinion. We're never going to agree so let's stop going over the same argument. I am guilty as much as anyone of that.

Please understand that like I said in a previous post the fact that someone/several individuals blew a whistle has distracted from what is important and I am as pissed off as anyone. The important parts being that we saw 3 good goals, a good City performance, a good game and took part in a good peaceful protest afterwards.

If I see anyone blowing one in the future I will ask them to stop or speak to a steward. Whichever I feel comfortable with at the time. Can only suggest you do the same.

It's not about the whistle or the goal or whether you and your wife have a different view over it. It was the unnecessary wording in the statement that people have an issue with. Surely, you can see that.

CJ_covblaze

You are really missing the point aren't you?

It isn't about whether you personally thought it was or not. It was about the snidey line in the statement.

Why not listen to what people say rather than just making out every other "element" is wrong and the "fair minded" ones aren't?

I was using me as an example.

As for the statement if it came across like that, which it appears it has I apologise on behalf of the Trust. It wasn't intended to come across that way.

torchomatic

In fairness to the Trust; apart from the unnecessary line about the fairness of observers, the actual aim and message in the statement should be applauded.

Agree, the rest was fine, there was just no need for the snidey digs at fans in that one line.

Skybluefaz

Not at all. We agree that whistles should not have been used during the game and for it to stop. I believe the goal wasn't because of one being blown. If you have a different opinion to me, like the wife and some of my family do, you and they are perfectly entitled to that opinion as I am to mine. Please can you respect that? Not everyone is going to see everything the same way. Even if they live in the same house or work in the same building. That's how this argument started in the first place! To make things easier I now won't comment on if the goal was or wasn't caused by a whistle. Up to you and everyone else to decide if it's worth still talking about, whether they share my opinion or your opinion. We're never going to agree so let's stop going over the same argument. I am guilty as much as anyone of that.

Please understand that like I said in a previous post the fact that someone/several individuals blew a whistle has distracted from what is important and I am as pissed off as anyone. The important parts being that we saw 3 good goals, a good City performance, a good game and took part in a good peaceful protest afterwards.

If I see anyone blowing one in the future I will ask them to stop or speak to a steward. Whichever I feel comfortable with at the time. Can only suggest you do the same.
You could have a future in politics. Others have explained the fact that its about the wording of the statement, so I bid you good day.

CJ_covblaze

No, you use the next favourite one instead.

giphy.gif

And what's wrong with saying that? I was trying to be open. If you wish to put yourself forwards I'd second it. We have different opinions but I think you'd be a good addition to the board.

pastythegreat

I'd rather shit I'm my hands and clap than join the SBT board tbf

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I was using me as an example.

As for the statement if it came across like that, which it appears it has I apologise on behalf of the Trust. It wasn't intended to come across that way.

Maybe try to take on board when people disagree and point things out rather than make out they are wrong without really taking it on board in the first place ;)

Nick

Administrator
And what's wrong with saying that? I was trying to be open. If you wish to put yourself forwards I'd second it. We have different opinions but I think you'd be a good addition to the board.

Because it's the default reply when anybody points anything out. It's the predictable response rather than listening and taking it on board.

I can understand when it's not constructive, but how often have people been constructive and just batted away?

CJ_covblaze

You could have a future in politics. Others have explained the fact that its about the wording of the statement, so I bid you good day.

In that case you have clearly never met me. In that field I'd be terrible. With regards to the statement I have apologise. What more do you want me to do?

skybluebeduff

I'd rather shit I'm my hands and clap than join the SBT board tbf

Because you have nothing to bring to the table, we know that...

Rather shit in your own hand rather than contribute towards having a fan base in unity...

That says it all.

Otis

When the position is that your opinion is the one shared by 'fair minded observers' whereas the other is shared by 'some elements' you're not really respecting it yourself. It's the wording of the statement that can only detract from the point, in much the same way that some guy with a whistle has detracted somewhat from a sit-in protest.
Yep. Should have been 'some elements believed this, other elements believed that.'

Or don't put it in at all.

In wording it differently you must be able to see that it puts a slant on it?

SkyBlueZack

I don't blame SISU for everything, can't see that going down well with the trust board. I would want to target all parties, can't see that going down well either. You see the thing is, people give suggestions and others agree. Yet if it isn't what the trust want, it don't happen. Wasps moving here should have been condemned, it didn't happen and the trust still refuse to do so. This in my opinion, means they are worthless.

For the life of me, I can't understand why we as fans can't stand up against all parties rather than just SISU. My problem is, CCC want a city of rugby. Now, between SISU being useless and Wasps doing what they want when they want. They may well get their wish. Their isn't just one enemy.

torchomatic

Like skybluebear calling all members of the trust cunts?

I don't know, that is up to him. I didn't agree, so I didn't like his post. Every time someone swears at someone else are you going to ask me if I agree with it or not? Is this how it works?

hill83

Here we go. Take the criticism on board, that was a snidely cheeky comment. In fact, take any constructive criticism on board without resorting to suggesting if people have a problem they can get involved.
I care enough to point out when you've made an error, I'm entitled to do that. But I don't have the time or the inclination to join up to a club and have meetings about a football club. Accept that most people are also in my position.
Take the criticism on board.

Edit: I see you are taking it on board now. Bit slow but fair play. As you were.

CJ_covblaze

Because it's the default reply when anybody points anything out. It's the predictable response rather than listening.

I do listen. I read and pass on feedback good or bad. Always have with the Trust and did so with the SCG. Fans have come to me with various suggestions and I've always done everything I can to implement them.

pastythegreat

Because you have nothing to bring to the table, we know that...

Rather shit in your own hand rather than contribute towards having a fan base in unity...

That says it all.
Because the Trust really unite the fans don't they?! This statement just proves everything that I need to know! I'm on person with an opinion, not an organisation dividing fans with snide remarks!

CJ_covblaze

I don't blame SISU for everything, can't see that going down well with the trust board. I would want to target all parties, can't see that going down well either. You see the thing is, people give suggestions and others agree. Yet if it isn't what the trust want, it don't happen. Wasps moving here should have been condemned, it didn't happen and the trust still refuse to do so. This in my opinion, means they are worthless.

For the life of me, I can't understand why we as fans can't stand up against all parties rather than just SISU. My problem is, CCC want a city of rugby. Now, between SISU being useless and Wasps doing what they want when they want. They may well get their wish. Their isn't just one enemy.

We condemned it before their move and afterwards. On one occasion it was in front of a room full of people including City fans, Cov fans, Coventry City Councillors, Tim Fisher and Pete Rosborough.

CJ_covblaze

Here we go. Take the criticism on board, that was a snidely cheeky comment. In fact, take any constructive criticism on board without resorting to suggesting if people have a problem they can get involved.
I care enough to point out when you've made an error, I'm entitled to do that. But I don't have the time or the inclination to join up to a club and have meetings about a football club. Accept that most people are also in my position.
Take the criticism on board.

Edit: I see you are taking it on board now. Bit slow but fair play. As you were.

Will do and thank you.

Nick

Administrator
We condemned it before their move and afterwards. On one occasion it was in front of a room full of people including City fans, Cov fans, Coventry City Councillors, Tim Fisher and Pete Rosborough.

Before or after Jan said how great it was? This is the point, if you said something in a private meeting how to we know about it?

People are saying that's off putting, surely you take it on board?

hill83

Looks like definitive proof lameiras stopped probably enough for the ref to stop the game as in the regulations

Looks conclusive enough to me. I imagine it would be beyond all doubt with every one of us if it was Bolton fans who were being blamed.

skybluebeduff

Because the Trust really unite the fans don't they?! This statement just proves everything that I need to know! I'm on person with an opinion, not an organisation dividing fans with snide remarks!

The message is loud and clear, stop the whistles. Or did you just forget about the whole statement just to take offense by it instead?

torchomatic

The message is loud and clear, stop the whistles. Or did you just forget about the whole statement just to take offense by it instead?

So the statement was perfectly acceptable then?

Users who are viewing this thread