Investment on the Horizon? (9 Viewers)

Malaka

Hi Malaka, thanks for the update. It is much appreciated.

Do you have any info on the rumoured buyer that you can disclose? or if not do you know/or can you disclose if foreign or not?
Yes, but it is only rumours at the moment. They have been mentioned on here, I really don't want to say who I have heard, but the words 'Fucking Fantastic' spring to mind.

stupot07

Which could be overcome by buying ACL whilst factoring in the liabilities. If the stadium is worth 48 m ( according to Wasps books ), pay 18m and keep the 30m as liabilities to be paid as part of the price. Is 48m, plus a smaller price for the freehold, a good price for a 32k stadium which you can use tomorrow as opposed to having to build a new one from scratch- as TF is doing?

The naming rights are still open which are worth a few million.

I think that, judging by Tim's stadium progress, that if you wanted CCFC, you would have to go for buying ACL or the lease - if the price were right.

Why would you keep the liabilities when its going to cost you £2m interest to meet them plus you have a time limit on paying them back (or raising new bonds)

I'm still unclear whether that debt is wasps or acls, even though the lease has been used as security.

No one is going to pay £48m+ £? Small fee forr leasehold - £2m*5yrs remaining interest (c£60m+) for the stadium which doesn't make profit and will need some large repair bills in the next 10 years, you have also got to factor in the co straints of existing long term contracts like compass etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

martcov

Why would you keep the liabilities when its going to cost you £2m interest to meet them plus you have a time limit on paying them back (or raising new bonds)

I'm still unclear whether that debt is wasps or acls, even though the lease has been used as security.

No one is going to pay £48m+ £? Small fee forr leasehold - £2m*5yrs remaining interest (c£60m+) for the stadium which doesn't make profit and will need some large repair bills in the next 10 years, you have also got to factor in the co straints of existing long term contracts like compass etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unless that person had loads of money and is thinking long term. As I said the debt would be factored in to any bid.

But, it is all speculation anyway.

SISU did buy into us with a 1,2 million rental agreement and ACL only had a 50 year lease at the beginning.

What we think is madness has actually been done before.

lifeskyblue

Thanks Malaka for the news/rumour/hope. If what you say comes true you will make a lot of grown men believe in Santa again.
I can see SISU may eventually realise that football isn't their strong suit and a 3rd division club can't be made into a profit making entity without investment etc BUT they have in the past made it clear by their actions that they are going nowhere until they have exhausted all the options through the courts (and appealed and appealed again).
So for me this is a lovely dream or a tentative and speculative approach that probably won't come to anything. Even if it all were true you know that we are CCFC and something would scupper the plans at the last minute.
But I am watching, hoping and praying that this is the start of some movement towards a positive future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtrench

BUT they have in the past made it clear by their actions that they are going nowhere until they have exhausted all the options through the courts (and appealed and appealed again).
So for me this is a lovely dream or a tentative and speculative approach that probably won't come to anything. Even if it all were true you know that we are CCFC and something would scupper the plans at the last minute.
But I am watching, hoping and praying that this is the start of some movement towards a positive future
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be mitigated by a clause in the contract that they get to keep court proceeds. They might even try to use it in their favour ('it was so bad we were forced to sell our investment...')

Moff

Yes, but it is only rumours at the moment. They have been mentioned on here, I really don't want to say who I have heard, but the words 'Fucking Fantastic' spring to mind.

Thanks Malaka, not just for the update, but even if it doesn't come to fruition, posting what you have made me feel hopeful for my football club, something I haven't done in a while.

mrtrench

Another thought - these rumours may be behind the dramatic drop in form. If there really is money coming in soon almost all will know their days at CCFC are numbered.

idm1975

Thats just a big tease malaka, not going to get any work done today now thinking of who it might be!

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

So are Wasps struggling already? The first bond payment is due soon isn't it?

Hopefully someone with business acumen has seen the difficulties both CCFC and Wasps are in and is moving in to take control of the 2 turkeys situation and make the Eagle fly!

hotrod

Surely, if true? there is only one candidate who would fit Malaka's comments especially with their connections to Wasps.

Regards.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

eastwoodsdustman

I am aware that the council are looking to and have already offloaded certain pieces of land (not just for housing and property development) at the moment. They are having to tighten their budget so a sell off of certain assets might not be out of the question.

Seamus1

...but the words 'Fucking Fantastic' spring to mind.

It's the cockney taxi driver from the Go Compare adverts isn't it, splurging his tips from the wealthy Londoners on CCFC.

Although seemingly incessantly mocked (myself included), how about Jo Dhinsa?? He is head of a multi billion $ corporation.

If this does happen, I don't think Malaka will need to worry about ever needing to buy a beer again in his lifetime.

Esoterica

Who would he happy if it was Red Bull?
I would be. We're not going to get moved so the worst case is a potential kit colour change and sticking RB in front of our name to go with owners that invest and care for their brand image....vs the ignorant, arrogant, clueless, uncaring, slippery cuntbuckets we currently have. If our current owner was a local businessman and our club was the heart of the community, I could see the argument against it but aside from a rich far east investor, the Red Bull scenario is the best we could possibly hope for.

ceetee

The way the City has been Wasp infested, it's just hard to fathom that it will all change into the opposite way, City having billboards advertising games, our games advertised every 30mins on local radio, changing their crests from big to small like they did us, it would take a very large amount of deep pockets for all this to become true and CCFC owning the Ricoh outright.

A fantasy that I'd love to be a reality.
Well I don't believe it but even if it's half true i doubt that CCFC would own the Ricoh. The new owner of the club would own it.
Football and property are kept seperate so that if the football side goes tits up it doesn't take the whole business down

Joy Division

I would be. We're not going to get moved so the worst case is a potential kit colour change and sticking RB in front of our name to go with owners that invest and care for their brand image....vs the ignorant, arrogant, clueless, uncaring, slippery cuntbuckets we currently have. If our current owner was a local businessman and our club was the heart of the community, I could see the argument against it but aside from a rich far east investor, the Red Bull scenario is the best we could possibly hope for.

That would be me done with the club if the above was the case.

Manchester_sky_blue

I know OSB always goes against this for a number of reasons way over my simple brain.
However for me the only way to make some serious money out of the Ricoh is the same people who own ACL, Own Wasps and own CCFC.
Also that person has the ability to get CCFC near and the top half of the championship. Whilst still keeping Wasps competitive in the premiership and Europe.
If you can do that then on the sponsorship conferencing and marketing front.
The Ricoh is a gold mine.
I always thought it would be JLR (Tata) doing the lot in the JLR arena.
In a partnership with Moon (whoever they are)
However I thought they would wait till SISU walked away rather than do business with them.

Tata have no interested in investing in anything outside of their core business. I think the Ricoh may well be rebranded as the Jaguar and/or Land Rover Arena when the naming rights come up again but that will be all.

Users who are viewing this thread