Investment on the Horizon? (9 Viewers)

Captain Dart

I am aware that the council are looking to and have already offloaded certain pieces of land (not just for housing and property development) at the moment. They are having to tighten their budget so a sell off of certain assets might not be out of the question.

Maybe it is car park C then? CC "took that back" as part of the Wasps deal.
Having trouble finding the detail of what that means, maybe someone will be kind enough to post info.

Otis

giphy.gif
There's City's season right there.

covcity4life

gerrard,lamps and robbie keane consortium

build stadium at butts

could it be?

as for red bull, id happily take their branding if they left us sky blue but with red trimmings

Otis

Instead you prefer the dwindling death of SISU?
When Nuneaton Borough became Nuneaton Town they were still the Boro to the fans and continue to be so and if we had become Coventry Talbot the club would have still been and remained the City to us and I dare say, if we became RB Coventry we would still be the Sky Blues and the City too.

Some people are still not happy with Coventry being in the West Midlands and not Warwickshire and some as a result still put Coventry, Warwickshire on their post and parcels.

It's all a state of mind. We as the fans we call our club what we have always called it and are free to do so.

I would never turn my back on a name or colour change. Only a complete and total rebranding would have me thinking, but that's not going to happen.

No-one is going to come in, do a total rebrand and alienate it's own audience.

shmmeee

I am aware that the council are looking to and have already offloaded certain pieces of land (not just for housing and property development) at the moment. They are having to tighten their budget so a sell off of certain assets might not be out of the question.

They've explicitly said there won't be any major sales. Theyre getting rid of bits and pieces for residential like Torrington and Blackberry Lane, but where else? Anything major like the City Centre or the Ricoh has been leased AFAIK.

Manchester_sky_blue

They've explicitly said there won't be any major sales. Theyre getting rid of bits and pieces for residential like Torrington and Blackberry Lane, but where else? Anything major like the City Centre or the Ricoh has been leased AFAIK.

Depends how much money is in the offing.........

shmmeee

Depends how much money is in the offing.........

This is what Im saying, as government think in terms of centuries and land value tends to go up, it'd have to be a bloody good deal to be worth selling if it's not tied to their development goals somehow.

Why would anyone pay silly money for the Ricoh? It's not worth it and you wouldn't get a return.

None of this makes sense, it sounds like a fans wet dream. Malaka will be telling us they'll be building a wall around the King Power Stadium and making Leicester pay for it next.

Esoterica

When Nuneaton Borough became Nuneaton Town they were still the Boro to the fans and continue to be so and if we had become Coventry Talbot the club would have still been and remained the City to us and I dare say, if we became RB Coventry we would still be the Sky Blues and the City too.

Some people are still not happy with Coventry being in the West Midlands and not Warwickshire and some as a result still put Coventry, Warwickshire on their post and parcels.

It's all a state of mind. We as the fans we call our club what we have always called it and are free to do so.

I would never turn my back on a name or colour change. Only a complete and total rebranding would have me thinking, but that's not going to happen.

No-one is going to come in, do a total rebrand and alienate it's own audience.
upload_2016-12-8_12-8-19.jpeg

dongonzalos

Right I am going for it's still SISU linked and it's the Butts.
But the council and SISU's relationship is the ongoing issue.

Manchester_sky_blue

This is what Im saying, as government think in terms of centuries and land value tends to go up, it'd have to be a bloody good deal to be worth selling if it's not tied to their development goals somehow.

Why would anyone pay silly money for the Ricoh? It's not worth it and you wouldn't get a return.

None of this makes sense, it sounds like a fans wet dream. Malaka will be telling us they'll be building a wall around the King Power Stadium and making Leicester pay for it next.

It's not just straight cash though. Property deals involving local Councils are often tied up with infrastructure and service improvements as well. If you have a target to build so many houses, so many community facilities, make road improvements etc etc you can often get developers to pay for those things as part of deals for other bits of land.

Users who are viewing this thread