Investment on the Horizon? (5 Viewers)

6 Generations

I just can't see it being Red Bull. With the resources they have why would they not look at teams higher up the tree than us if they were wanting to get involved in English Football?

I haven't googled it but I'm sure I read before that RB Leipzig were bought by Red Bull and have climbed 6 divisions to currently top the Bundesliga.

Manchester_sky_blue

Didn't they start down the leagues with Leipzig? Looking at the potential and then building.

They did but the model is different in Europe. There is no money in English football outside the Prem. Even if they did want to start lower down and build up there are plenty of league one/two clubs with less baggage than us. The stadium / training ground issues etc surely make us very unpalatable.

torchomatic

Moff

They did but the model is different in Europe. There is no money in English football outside the Prem. Even if they did want to start lower down and build up there are plenty of league one/two clubs with less baggage than us. The stadium / training ground issues etc surely make us very unpalatable.

Is there money in German football outside the top division?

torchomatic

Otis

Hasn't stopped Bournmouth.
Who want to and hope to expand.

You can't expand if there is not the scope to expand.

I don't have a problem with the Butts, but it can grow to a certain size and then that's it. No more scope.

I stick by my thoughts that there is no way even a 20,000 seater stadium can be accommodated there.

Manchester_sky_blue

Is there money in German football outside the top division?

More so than in English lower leagues. There is a close synergy in German football between local clubs and businesses based in the same areas so sponsorship deals can be substantial even outside of the top flight.

ricohroar

img-if-red-bull-sponsored-ce-sabadell-10076
People would be that offended and put off if we played in this? has more blue on it than our current top? albeit a slightly darker shade, but we have played in kits worse. And whats to stop red bull making the blue lighter?

Manchester_sky_blue

As Hull have proved, its not that easy to change a teams name and badge anyway. So even if Red Bull did come in it wouldn't necessarily mean a big rebranding. It's still not Red Bull though

Grendel

I don't have a problem with the Butts, but it can grow to a certain size and then that's it. No more scope.

I stick by my thoughts that there is no way even a 20,000 seater stadium can be accommodated there.

It doesn't matter if they want to expand - they proved you can capacity is not a link to success.

skybluebeduff

People would be that offended and put off if we played in this? has more blue on it than our current top? albeit a slightly darker shade, but we have played in kits worse. And whats to stop red bull making the blue lighter?
Was there uproar in the 60's when we switched to Sky Blue?

Joy Division

Yes, we'd be an absolute fucking embarrassment.

hotrod

I suspect all this is pure speculation by Malaka, as something this big even as a rumour there would have been leaks however small from other sources including CT.

I think this is just an ego trip for the OP as his original post was slipping out of sight and this latest small tit-bit has revived it again.

Hope very much I am wrong and that something is happening.

Regards.

Joy Division

I'd love to hear why JD?

I'm not particularly the kind of person who's in favour bending over waiting to be fucked be the biggest bunch of corporate tossers who's only interest is to promote their brand and who no problems changing the make up and history of the club to suit them.

We'd be a laughing stock.

Otis

It doesn't matter if they want to expand - they proved you can capacity is not a link to success.
This argument has been done to death.

They constantly need a very rich backer throwing money in for them to be able to compete.

A team that has a capacity of 14,000 cannot compete with clubs with capacities of 50,000-65,000+ without constant investment.

Not doing this whole thing all over. Been done to death.

Yes, Bournemouth are making a fist of it at the moment, but for how long and how long is their owner going to keep backing them?

Otis

To who?

I think he doth protest too much.

We would not be an embarrassment to any other club. Why would we be? I guess you mean to our own fans?

Just look at the Coventry City historical kits. Look how much they altered over the years. We have been going since 1883, but have only had sky blue since the 1960's, just a fraction of our existence.

It's all a moot point anyway. There would be sky blue incorporated somewhere. New owners would not be that stupid to do otherwise.

ricohroar

HAHAHAHAHAHA at present we are the laughing stock of the footballing world, you really think that a blue and white kit will make it worse, especially if it was joined by £Billions investment????

As someone said its not red bull, but can you believe some people lol never happy. moan moan moan moan moan.

Manchester_sky_blue

I'm not particularly the kind of person who's in favour bending over waiting to be fucked be the biggest bunch of corporate tossers who's only interest is to promote their brand and who no problems changing the make up and history of the club to suit them.

We'd be a laughing stock.

ummmm..........hate to break it to you but thats kind of how football works................ every single league club is beholden to Sky already regardless of ownership............

Nick

Administrator
I suspect all this is pure speculation by Malaka, as something this big even as a rumour there would have been leaks however small from other sources including CT.

I think this is just an ego trip for the OP as his original post was slipping out of sight and this latest small tit-bit has revived it again.

Hope very much I am wrong and that something is happening.

Regards.

don't agree, he has been spot on with other things and he isn't the type to be after an ego rub.

He has also stressed it is very much a rumour.

hotrod

Believe me Nick I really hope you and Malaka are right, but I still think that if there was an element of truth there would have been leaks from other sources.

Regards.

Grendel

This argument has been done to death.

They constantly need a very rich backer throwing money in for them to be able to compete.

A team that has a capacity of 14,000 cannot compete with clubs with capacities of 50,000-65,000+ without constant investment.

Not doing this whole thing all over. Been done to death.

Yes, Bournemouth are making a fist of it at the moment, but for how long and how long is their owner going to keep backing them?

Actually it can easily compete. The percentage of revenue in the premier league from gate revenue is small and not that relevant.

Most clubs promoted from the championship have done so with colossal wage bills that exceed any income from attendances

If you don't believe me do the maths.

Let's assume the club is in the championship.

Say we have a 15,000 stadium. We charge £25 a head. That's at a full up ground generated £8.6 million a year.

If we have a 25,000 ground let's say we achieve 22,000 (very optimistic) - that's £4 million a season more.

If then the club is promoted £4 million compared to £100 million sky money alone is nothing.

If the club got promoted it would increase charges. We'd sell out big games but there is no way on earth that we'd sell out Bournmouth or Burnley on a damp Monday night with a likely match day fee of £35 per head.

Reverse your logic. If we actually got promoted and Bournmouth got relegated would we be more or less competitive than them if we had a ground that had 18,000 more seats?

Sky Blue Kid

To who?

I think he doth protest too much.

We would not be an embarrassment to any other club. Why would we be? I guess you mean to our own fans?

Just look at the Coventry City historical kits. Look how much they altered over the years. We have been going since 1883, but have only had sky blue since the 1960's, just a fraction of our existence.

It's all a moot point anyway. There would be sky blue incorporated somewhere. New owners would not be that stupid to do otherwise.

It's a massive fraction Otis.... Almost HALF!

Joy Division

HAHAHAHAHAHA at present we are the laughing stock of the footballing world, you really think that a blue and white kit will make it worse, especially if it was joined by £Billions investment????

As someone said its not red bull, but can you believe some people lol never happy. moan moan moan moan moan.

I'd probably suggest reading a bit more about Red Bull's involvement in football.

stupot07

Tbf the discussions the PL are having around safe standing might sort the expansion/capacity issues

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Joy Division

ummmm..........hate to break it to you but thats kind of how football works................ every single league club is beholden to Sky already regardless of ownership............

So that makes it okay? Would people be happy if WASPS invested millions into us if they changed our kit to yellow and black?

I just find it strange and quite interesting peoples attitudes changing as soon as mega £££'s a waved in their faces.

Users who are viewing this thread