Is the Butts deal imminent? (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

What's wrong with forming a relationship with the retirement village? Get some of those watching every week.

Wasn't there planning for a 15k stadium before? What happens if Cov Rugby get successful and they get big crowds?
But why would they ever get bigger and attract larger crowds, after all
you keep saying we won't

Nick

Administrator
But why would they ever get bigger and attract larger crowds, after all
you keep saying we won't
I'm not on here saying how rubbish their owners are and how they are going nowhere either.

I think the chance of them ever being bigger died when wasps moved :(

letsallsingtogether

Steve if you don't mind could I ask you or anybody else at the meeting to please spend some time explaining to Tim Fisher why 15k isn't an acceptable starting point.
Ask him why when we're talking to Rugby Council the starting point was 18k.
When he points out about been careful and looking at the history of attendances.
Could you point out that the history he is looking at is based on 15 years of decline and nearly 30 since any success.
Yet whilst in the Championship for most seasons we were averaging 20k plus. I think he will be expecting us the be in the championship by the end of next season, so 15k isn't acceptable.
Hope you don't mind asking
Thanks
Well CRFC don't want it to be 25,000 it is to big for their 2000 average crowd that is what I was told.
But I also think they should start big.
We have waited long enough or this to happen no point in having 15,000 then waiting another 10 years to expand, also if they want to make more money out of the arena you need to at least be somewhere near the size of the Ricoh so you can compete for their shows and events.......

dongonzalos

Well CRFC don't want it to be 25,000 it is to big for their 2000 average crowd that is what I was told.
But I also think they should start big.
We have waited long enough or this to happen no point in having 15,000 then waiting another 10 years to expand, also if they want to make more money out of the arena you need to at least be somewhere near the size of the Ricoh so you can compete for their shows and events.......

They could do what we did.
Only have the stand or stands open that they require

Brylowes

I'm not on here saying how rubbish their owners are and how they are going nowhere either.

I think the chance of them ever being bigger died when wasps moved :(
What's that got to do with anything, you say 15.000 is enough for us because we hardly
ever get more at the Ricoh and have no chance of promotions ever.
But then say 15.000 isn't to big for them because they might improve and get bigger
crowds. That's all I'm saying.

Nick

Administrator
What's that got to do with anything, you say 15.000 is enough for us because we hardly
ever get more at the Ricoh and have no chance of promotions ever.
But then say 15.000 isn't to big for them because they might improve and get bigger
crowds. That's all I'm saying.

I haven't said it isn't too big for them, I said what would the neighbours do if they got big crowds.

RegTheDonk

I'm sure it's every bride's dream to get married at the Butts.

So instead of taken up the aisle, it's taken up the Butts.

Ouch!

Seriously though, we used to get 20K+ at HR, that was surrounded by terraced houses and perhaps one decent main road, and transport was never a major issue. I've gotten away from HR at the final whistle a lot quicker than the few times I've parked on the Ricoh.

clint van damme

Ouch!

Seriously though, we used to get 20K+ at HR, that was surrounded by terraced houses and perhaps one decent main road, and transport was never a major issue. I've gotten away from HR at the final whistle a lot quicker than the few times I've parked on the Ricoh.

but at least it had decent pedestrian access, the Butts hasn't even got that.

ccfcway

Ouch!

there was at least 4 ways fans could have go when leaving HR to get somewhere else. Realistically, isn't there only 1 at the Butts ?

clint van damme

Yeah, the only access and egress is onto the B101 isn't it.
correct. Though there is a through way between the end of the retirement village and the back of the theatre which accesses Albany Road but it's currently block off.

ccfcway

so you have 15,000 heading out on one road, which if I remember correctly is pretty busy. Does it have pedestrian crossings ?

Imagine fans crossing the road after the game. Would be gridlocked for a fair time after each game

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I really cant see this as a quick fix it could take years yet.

Here is a thought for you.
Planning permission for a 15k stadium with associated add ons, like say 100 student accommodation units. That means the property company could be taking in rents from CCFC, CRFC and rents from 100 students.. Could easily add up to 750k pa annual rents receivable if not more. Now that may come back to CCFC or CRFC but there will be finance to meet on the build first. What it does do however is to create a rental capital value. Something to sell on - and I am not necessarily saying sells the club. Thing is maximising the student accommodation or other such apparently attractive things could end up failing to maximise the benefit for CCFC/CRFC.

The rugby club doesn't actually need a big stadium and we would then be stuck there

Got a feeling this plan has another side and objective to it away from CCFC. Just guess work and an opinion I have absolutely no proof

clint van damme

Planning permission for a 15k stadium with associated add ons, like say 100 student accommodation units. That means the property company could be taking in rents from CCFC, CRFC and rents from 100 students.. Could easily add up to 750k pa annual rents receivable if not more. Now that may come back to CCFC or CRFC but there will be finance to meet on the build first. What it does do however is to create a rental capital value. Something to sell on - and I am not necessarily saying sells the club. Thing is maximising the student accommodation or other such apparently attractive things could end up failing to maximise the benefit for CCFC/CRFC.

The rugby club doesn't actually need a big stadium and we would then be stuck there

Got a feeling this plan has another side and objective to it away from CCFC. Just guess work and an opinion I have absolutely no proof

Totally agree, I just don't see SISU investing the time and money into this project.

And thinks like improving the infrastructure and building student accommodation just add to the cost, albeit the accommodation will have some pay back.

There's definitely a lot of smoke and mirrors, although if it is part of some other objective why are CRFC getting involved?

Captain Dart

to be fair, isn't there only one road in and out of turf moor ?
Turf Moor was opened in 1883, newsflash it is 2016, things have changed.

dongonzalos

I don't think you could choose a place harder to get it done quickly.

ccfcway

Turf Moor was opened in 1883, newsflash it is 2016, things have changed.

maybe, but they are a prem league club and we are talking access. If they can get crowds in and out with one road whats to say we cant at Butts ?

Are they looking to move or does Turf Moor work for a prem league club ?

Steve.B50

Steve if you don't mind could I ask you or anybody else at the meeting to please spend some time explaining to Tim Fisher why 15k isn't an acceptable starting point.
Ask him why when we're talking to Rugby Council the starting point was 18k.
When he points out about been careful and looking at the history of attendances.
Could you point out that the history he is looking at is based on 15 years of decline and nearly 30 since any success.
Yet whilst in the Championship for most seasons we were averaging 20k plus. I think he will be expecting us the be in the championship by the end of next season, so 15k isn't acceptable.
Hope you don't mind asking
Thanks

I assure you I have made a note of this and more than happy to ask the question of TF.

martcov

maybe, but they are a prem league club and we are talking access. If they can get crowds in and out with one road whats to say we cant at Butts ?

Are they looking to move or does Turf Moor work for a prem league club ?
What' the population of Burnley?

skybluetony176

less than 100,000, yet the average attendance this season was nearly 17,000

are you suggesting than with nearly treble the population we should look for a stadium with treble the burnley average ?

I think the suggestion is that if we'd enjoyed success measurable to Burnley we'd be getting more than 17K. Hell we even managed it once this season on the mere hope of getting some success like Burnley. Imagine if we ever did get some success.

ccfcway

I think the suggestion is that if we'd enjoyed success measurable to Burnley we'd be getting more than 17K. Hell we even managed it once this season on the mere hope of getting some success like Burnley. Imagine if we ever did get some success.

like a continued period in the top league where a 23k stadium was enough for us ?

martcov

Random question - why?

We have over 300000 in Cov and then leamington and Warwick etc. Gates in the Premiere are higher Now than when we were there. More potential than Burnley and Burnley are acting like a Yo-Yo team at the moment. Not the best example

Brylowes

like a continued period in the top league where a 23k stadium was enough for us ?
For most of our time in the top flight, the capacity was a lot higher than 23.000 , also the
premier league now is a completely different animal to what it was back then.

Irish Sky Blue

correct. Though there is a through way between the end of the retirement village and the back of the theatre which accesses Albany Road but it's currently block off.

I agree it will likely be gridlock. There is however a pedestrian way through a tunnel next to the park. One other (small) access way to the stadium.

ccfcway

For most of our time in the top flight, the capacity was a lot higher than 23.000 , also the
premier league now is a completely different animal to what it was back then.

someone should tell, Watford, Swansea and Bournemouth who all have less than that and are in prem

Brylowes

We have over 300000 in Cov and then leamington and Warwick etc. Gates in the Premiere are higher Now than when we were there. More potential than Burnley and Burnley are acting like a Yo-Yo team at the moment. Not the best example
Wish we were a yo yo team , can you imagine the excitement, promotion via automatic
or play offs . Then a roller coaster relegation season, receive massive parachute payments
and then go again.

Brylowes

someone should tell, Watford, Swansea and Bournemouth who all have less than that and are in prem
Someone should tell them what, I don't get your point, was Highfield rd capacity not more
than 23.000 for most of our time in top flight. ?
Is the premier league not a different animal now . ?

Users who are viewing this thread