Is the Butts deal imminent? (1 Viewer)

martcov

Wish we were a yo yo team , can you imagine the excitement, promotion via automatic
or play offs . Then a roller coaster relegation season, receive massive parachute payments
and then go again.
Yes, compared to now anything above League 1 is good, but as soon as we get a sniff of success the situation will change as regards crowds. There are always examples that go against the statiistics - for a while. It is not so long ago that TF was pointing to Yeovil as an example of how to get promoted on a low budget. Not heard Yeovil mentioned lately.

Grendel

Someone should tell them what, I don't get your point, was Highfield rd capacity not more
than 23.000 for most of our time in top flight. ?
Is the premier league not a different animal now . ?

Bournemouth and Watford are in the premier league now......

ricohroar

I hope all these people going on about 15,000 being big enough are the ones that miss out on tickets for all games that attract more interest......

Nick

Administrator
I hope all these people going on about 15,000 being big enough are the ones that miss out on tickets for all games that attract more interest......

I don't worry about missing out the same way I didn't against Crewe, Gillingham or Chelsea.

LB87ccfc

Reading between the lines, it's reads to me that GA is all for the Butts deal and has ran out of patience with the Ricoh set-up. I was told months ago that Wasps wanted us out and this interview is certainly pointing towards this.

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/...utts-move-attractive-says-coventry-city-boss/

I was told over 12 months ago we was in talks with the butts at an early stage, talks have been ongoing behind the scenes for quite some time...

SkyBlueZack

Any idea how far they have got? Discussed finance? I would love it personally, I'll even labour for free.

How many fans would it take to dig a sunken pitch? Or has anyone on here got a JCB? :D

dongonzalos

I don't worry about missing out the same way I didn't against Crewe, Gillingham or Chelsea.
In a 15k stadium it won't be the odd game. If we have the season I hope we do this year.
We will be in a 15k capacity stadium in the championship off the back of a promotion winning season.
You best hope that nothing changes in your life, that means you can't buy a season ticket.

Nick

Administrator
You best hope that nothing changes in your life, that means you can't buy a season ticket.

I might get hit by a bus tomorrow and not be able to go anyway.

If we got promoted next season we wouldn't be in the Butts for the season after anyway...

CCFC88

In a 15k stadium it won't be the odd game. If we have the season I hope we do this year.
We will be in a 15k capacity stadium in the championship off the back of a promotion winning season.

We have two more years at the Ricoh contracted so "We will be in a 33k capacity stadium in the championship off the back of a promotion winning season."

Id suggest at that point you look at an extension at the Ricoh for 1/2 more years whilst bringing the butts upto what we would require in the Championship. Would expoect a premium rental deal though if plays were afoot to move at the end of the contract.

Otis

If we got promoted next season we wouldn't be in the Butts for the season after anyway...

Ooh err, that could be a problem.

If we go up next season I think there will be a number of crowds over 20,000 and then we'll be in the Championship while we dig a sunken pitch for a 15,000 seater stadium! :mooning:

RegTheDonk

You pinpoint the site and bingo!!

So.....where?

Bablake Playing Fields. SISU could do a deal with Christ the King, right next door - the Catholic church have a long tradition of wealth and destruction of anything that gets in their way, so it'll be a match made in heaven (no pun intended).

ccfc92

Ooh err, that could be a problem.

If we go up next season I think there will be a number of crowds over 20,000 and then we'll be in the Championship while we dig a sunken pitch for a 15,000 seater stadium! :mooning:

Makes sense :banghead:

Captain Dart

rupert_bear

The old Courtaulds site betwee Foleshill Road and Stoney Stanton Road is a huge area there for all to see now being cleared for housing etc, if sisu were genuine in their search for site for a stadium they could have identified there years ago. No residents that near to object either. In my opinion even if they are serious about Butts Park Arena it will take yonks to get it through planning

ricohroar

Would you like ashes scattered at the Ricoh or the Butts :)

shmmeee

The old Courtaulds site betwee Foleshill Road and Stoney Stanton Road is a huge area there for all to see now being cleared for housing etc, if sisu were genuine in their search for site for a stadium they could have identified there years ago. No residents that near to object either. In my opinion even if they are serious about Butts Park Arena it will take yonks to get it through planning

I think Paragon Park has been planned almost as long as Sisu have been here. More planning problems than anything that site.

fernandopartridge

I think Paragon Park has been planned almost as long as Sisu have been here. More planning problems than anything that site.
Yep. The same decontamination issues as the gas works as well I'd imagine. Remember seeing some plan for that site at least 10 years back.

Ashdown

How exactly would the BPA development be funded ? Cov Rugby went bust a few years back and have just managed to stabilise their finances based on playing rugby in National League 1 with part time players on crowds of average 1300 or so ?!!

asiaskyblues

Steve if you don't mind could I ask you or anybody else at the meeting to please spend some time explaining to Tim Fisher why 15k isn't an acceptable starting point.
Ask him why when we're talking to Rugby Council the starting point was 18k.
When he points out about been careful and looking at the history of attendances.
Could you point out that the history he is looking at is based on 15 years of decline and nearly 30 since any success.
Yet whilst in the Championship for most seasons we were averaging 20k plus. I think he will be expecting us the be in the championship by the end of next season, so 15k isn't acceptable.
Hope you don't mind asking
Thanks

All valid questions apart from the fact CCFC have absolutely no connection with the Butts Stadium as of this minute. Why are CCFC fans starting to sound like Wasp fans? CRFC own the lease to the stadium and do they want a 25,000 seater stadium? How will it benefit them? In all these conversations I have not read anything about the CRFC fans and their feelings.
We, or our owners, have put us in this mess and why should we expect a rugby club to bail us out? Can you believe we have a rugby egg chasing group as our landlords?
If SISU want to do the decent thing, which is rather an oxymoron, they should purchase the Butts Stadium and then let CRFC play there for £50,000 a year rent.
The greatest problem I see in all this 20 odd year situation is nobody is actually learning anything. We still have owners who rape the club, we still have a management that think they are the new messiah, we still have fans who believe we are massive and can run shotgun over the small fish but hate it when the boot is on the other foot.

Hugh Jarse

Ask him why when we're talking to Rugby Council the starting point was 18k.
When he points out about been careful and looking at the history of attendances.
Could you point out that the history he is looking at is based on 15 years of decline and nearly 30 since any success.
Yet whilst in the Championship for most seasons we were averaging 20k plus. I think he will be expecting us the be in the championship by the end of next season, so 15k isn't acceptable.
Thanks

Given these numbers it looks as though the club are NOT planning for the future. God forbid we should ever reach the Premier League with the Butts as our home ground!!

Grendel

Given these numbers it looks as though the club are NOT planning for the future. God forbid we should ever reach the Premier League with the Butts as our home ground!!

Why?

Steve.B50

My personal thoughts:
Although I am keen for the fans to be involved in any potential new ground prospect I doubt that we will have any genuine say in the idea.
We all want a bigger ground capacity than 15,000 regardless of what they might say about "in the future".
So why don't we all get behind TM and the team, all get Season Tickets and show the club, our owners, CCC, Wasps and anyone else that matters we can get regular high gates even at this level?
If we get average gates of 13-16k gets next season it will make a statement that any NEW stadium has to be much bigger than 15k.

Ashdown

Steve with greatest respect, it wouldn't matter what fans of CCFC do or want, these mentalists in charge will do whatever they think necessary to maintain their charade of 'giving a shit' whilst actually just looking at more and more litigation ! It's all they know ! They want profit and happy investors, we want a stable football club and some possibility of success.

robbiethemole

as an out of Towner who's never been to BPA is it really that bad? Coming from Rugby the Ricoh was easy access, how does BP compare

Ashdown

The BPA is a great little ground, I'd love to see some money spent and it bumped up to about 8000 capacity. That's all the ground and area around are suited for though, Cov rugby supporters I imagine are very wary of all this laughable bullshit. CCFC will be staying at the Ricoh though, it's hardly worth the ongoing discussion. This is Fisher justifying his job again !

Senior Vick from Alicante

Captain Dart

I said in another post that their is a 30 acre sight for sale opposite the top of Lentons lane that goes down to the canal. Big enough for a grounds and training facility.
Not in Coventry (OK its in the boundries but wrong side of M6, so it wouldn't work).

Users who are viewing this thread