It’s time to say goodbye to Coventry City (1 Viewer)

AndreasB

One or two are like that, I don't doubt that. But the majority fundamentally disagree with the premise that Coventry should be playing anywhere that isn't Coventry and refuse to go on that basis. Otherwise, let's do as the Americans do and just move teams wherever the demand is greatest and whenever we fancy.

We ALL disagree with it but abandoning the club in tough times seems a most odd way of showing it.

AndreasB

And please advise what are you doing to hasten the return of the club to its home?

Nothing apart from writing to all parties to continually try and get them round the table. With little response I afraid. What i do know is from the responses, the current sit on your hands and think you are protesting is having no effect at all.

Noggin

We ALL disagree with it but abandoning the club in tough times seems a most odd way of showing it.

The tough times are self inflicted. The directors of Otium are legally required to do whats best for Otium and they are failing in this duty, why should we help the people are purposely choosing to hurt the club? I've got my season ticket money, my shirt money right here as soon as the club has it's own best interests at heart ill be there with it.

NortonSkyBlue

Nothing apart from writing to all parties to continually try and get them round the table. With little response I afraid. What i do know is from the responses, the current sit on your hands and think you are protesting is having no effect at all.

And there I agree with you, the owners are being given an easy ride, basically uncontested

AndreasB

The tough times are self inflicted. The directors of Otium are legally required to do whats best for Otium and they are failing in this duty, why should we help the people are purposely choosing to hurt the club? I've got my season ticket money, my shirt money right here as soon as the club has it's own best interests at heart ill be there with it.

Might be too late by then old fruit.

Brighton Sky Blue

I still journey down from deepest Scotland to away games whenever I can (and will be doing so next week), and the away attendances time and again exceed the home ones.

torchomatic

Noggin

Might be too late by then old fruit.

I don't accept the clubs financial situation gets any worse, if the best option for sisu is to liquidate and try to destroy us then that is already the case with the current debts. The only thing that changes by boycotting is the amount sisu lose. weather we owe 45million or 450million is irrelevent imo, no buyer will pay it. So sisu will need to accept 5 or 10m when they leave.

Gint11

You can mock her all you want, but your words do not change the fact that the fan base is shrinking.
Any properly run company would be horrified about losing their revenue streams & have sacked their CEO.

No it isn't. Heres my view. Fans can come on here and give it 'I'm losing hope, I have had enough of following us in the state' blah blah blah but give it 2 years, if we are top of the league and flying, Fans flock back. FACT

NortonSkyBlue

I don't accept the clubs financial situation gets any worse, if the best option for sisu is to liquidate and try to destroy us then that is already the case with the current debts. The only thing that changes by boycotting is the amount sisu lose. weather we owe 45million or 450million is irrelevent imo, no buyer will pay it. So sisu will need to accept 5 or 10m when they leave.

an interesting theory, but by liquidating I would have thought that they would be losing their investors cash and my thinking is they are holding on to the club waiting for someone to blink and save their skin. You are right though the figure is not the issue here, as bad as it is.

NortonSkyBlue

No it isn't. Heres my view. Fans can come on here and give it 'I'm losing hope, I have had enough of following us in the state' blah blah blah but give it 2 years, if we are top of the league and flying, Fans flock back. FACT

I admire you optimism but where do you think the money for the players and manager are going to come from to get us to the top of the league? anyhow anybody with morals will look behind a league table and follow their convictions, as the majority are in staying away

Noggin

an interesting theory, but by liquidating I would have thought that they would be losing their investors cash and my thinking is they are holding on to the club waiting for someone to blink and save their skin. You are right though the figure is not the issue here, as bad as it is.

I don't think they will liquidate, but Andreas was suggesting by not going I was increasing the chance of the club ceasing to exist. I just think if thats the option sisu would chose then the actual debt number won't change the likelyhood of it happening.

If Arvo did call in their loans the club would go into admin and the administrator would sell off the assets to get the most amount of money for arvo, at that point we have our club back, assuming someone wants to buy it and they would, it would be in a shoddy state and in league two but then we have to come together and build it back up. I know someone will say well admin didn't work out well last time and of course it didn't, but if it happens because arvo call in the loans then that means sisu are done with the club and want out so there is no reason for them to buy it again even though they could if they wanted to.

Samo

I admire you optimism but where do you think the money for the players and manager are going to come from to get us to the top of the league? anyhow anybody with morals will look behind a league table and follow their convictions, as the majority are in staying away

They didn't stay away from the Arsenal game though did they? It seems that the moral stance of fans is selective.

Noggin

Success brings people in of course it does, that does not change that this situation is losing people forever and preventing new fans that you would have had forever.

There is also zero chance of us being top of the league in 2 years and flying under the current owners, not unless that league is the conference.

_brian_

They didn't stay away from the Arsenal game though did they? It seems that the moral stance of fans is selective.

That was different! That was against a team that's in the top 4 of the Premier League, with quality players, at a stadium worth going to!!! You'd be foolish to boycott that! Save your boycotts for the less fashionable games!!!

skybluelee

The only high and mighty people I can see are those taking the moral high ground on this board, full of hysteria and self pity and moving the debate or the protest on NOT ONE BIT

Aren't we all still waiting for the major Andrea Sixfields protest that you keep promising? Pot, kettle etc

AndreasB

I still journey down from deepest Scotland to away games whenever I can (and will be doing so next week), and the away attendances time and again exceed the home ones.

Wedont get any money from away games so not really a very sensible course of action. Away attendances being so great is a myth that makes you all feel better - In fact they are only 4% higher than last year if you take out the Arsenal game. Big deal.

Houdi

Because it's funny. I actually do feel the same way as her but I'm not writing in to the telegraph crying, because who really gives a shit how I feel?
It's attention seeking. Nothing more, nothing less.
Not quite sure how posting on here that you 'actually feel the same way', is really that much different. More succinct maybe but still informing fellow fans how you feel, she chose the CT to express her views you have chosen this forum.:confused:

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

But that was for one game.
It is the same at every club in the country except for maybe the top 6.

Big games have always brought in the fans just can't keep them coming that is the problem.

For that reason most clubs have a grading system for games.
Bigger the game bigger the price.

hill83

Not quite sure how posting on here that you 'actually feel the same way', is really that much different. More succinct maybe but still informing fellow fans how you feel, she chose the ET to express her views you have chosen this forum.:confused:

Fair point. I'll still be taking the piss out of her though.

Edit: Actually, not a fair point. The only reason I mentioned I feel the same was because people were beginning to foam at the mouth and suggest that people taking the piss out of her hated the club etc.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Wedont get any money from away games so not really a very sensible course of action. Away attendances being so great is a myth that makes you all feel better - In fact they are only 4% higher than last year if you take out the Arsenal game. Big deal.

That is a reflection of us being a well supported club away from home more than anything. Even if Sixfields were packed to the rafters we would still be losing out on ticket money alone relative to what we would be getting at the Ricoh-for that the blame lies squarely at the feet of those who took the club away.

letsallsingtogether

4% higher why would you take out the Arsenal game didn't we play them last year as well as Spurs?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Would they not be able to offset their tax liabilities on the profit making parts of their business by liquidating the loss making part ie CCFC?

Samo

But that was for one game.
It is the same at every club in the country except for maybe the top 6.

Big games have always brought in the fans just can't keep them coming that is the problem.

For that reason most clubs have a grading system for games.
Bigger the game bigger the price.

So do you think if SISU suddenly spent 10 mill on new players and layed on free coaches to Northampton the fans would stiil stay away?

Brighton Sky Blue

So do you think if SISU suddenly spent 10 mill on new players and layed on free coaches to Northampton the fans would stiil stay away?

If they had that much to chuck at players they would be just as well chucking it at the Ricoh.

letsallsingtogether

Yes IMO

I Would might get the free coach to the hill thou just to piss them off:)

RoboCCFC90

Its fucking sad & attention seeking....that's what it is...

Where was this self-indulgent dross first "published" Nick?

Edit....should've guessed....the CT opinion page

I couldn't agree more I hate people like this.

We are all fans of the Club, we all have the same suffering but to go to these extents is just embarrassing if you're going to stop supporting the Club shut up and do it quietly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread