Josh Eccles New Contract (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I just don’t get it. Surely deadball is the one area of your game that shouldn’t decline that much in the move up to adult football, and he’s always taken corners. He must have been doing better than the ones yesterday even in the U18s

Greggs

I just don’t get it. Surely deadball is the one area of your game that shouldn’t decline that much in the move up to adult football, and he’s always taken corners. He must have been doing better than the ones yesterday even in the U18s
Have you thought the fact that the defenders are improved? Bit different taking corners against 17 years old than top end championship blokes.

shmmeee

Have you thought the fact that the defenders are improved? Bit different taking corners against 17 years old than top end championship blokes.

Surely your ball shouldn’t be bouncing before the first man at any level?

Greggs

Surely your ball shouldn’t be bouncing before the first man at any level?
It's a very fine line trying to beat that first defender, isn't it? Just miss him and the ball is landing on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Adge

Starting to grow on him, if we can get him off corners or just improve them then he will be a solid player.
I’d argue he already is a solid player-Mid table Championship one.

Seamus1

I will admit to being one of those who did not rate him, and I am still err-ing on the side of caution before I get the bunting out for him. However, credit were due in that his overall open play the past couple of games has been a marked improvement (although corners are still questionable). Maybe it is due to the change of formation suiting his style a touch more, and I still do think that criticism of his performances in earlier games was fair, just as credit in these past two games is deserved.

I do still hope we go after one or two midfielders in January to hopefully create more competition

shmmeee

He’s not a Hamer who will pick the ball up and spray it 50 yards, or pick out a lone front man from deep. He needs options around and ahead of him and he’s very effective. Reckon he’ll score 5-10 in that role over a season as well.

SBAndy

Eccles clearly player of the season so far. Sheaf probably next. They are an excellent combination.

Just not as a 2. Positionally I think Eccles struggles slightly in a 2 as he pushes up quite aggressively and left us exposed to counter attacks quite a few times. With 3 in the middle now I can see him going from strength to strength.

skyblue025

What I don't get is why we have 6 players at the back post every corner and no one at the front post? Same in general play to be honest. The amount of times we put crosses into the front half of the goal and out strikers are at the back stick really annoys me. The amount of chances we would have if we attacked the front post is ridiculous.

Offhegoes

Josh Eccles? Class. Takes no sh*t, great in the tackle and can pick a pass (through ball to Wright 1st half against Plymouth was sublime). Some of his performances at RWB have been excellent too.
Don’t understand the criticism to be honest.

pusbccfc

Where does he rank in academy graduates who made their debut since 2000? How many have played consistently at this level?

That 2010-15 period is seen as the peak with Wilson, Maddison, plus our heavy reliance on the kids.

He must be above Willis, Shipley, Tom Bayliss now. Behind Cyrus Christie who's played in the top flight.

shmmeee

Where does he rank in academy graduates who made their debut since 2000? How many have played consistently at this level?

That 2010-15 period is seen as the peak with Wilson, Maddison, plus our heavy reliance on the kids.

He must be above Willis, Shipley, Tom Bayliss now. Behind Cyrus Christie who's played in the top flight.

Below Ben Turner, above Craig Pead

Users who are viewing this thread