Josh Eccles New Contract (3 Viewers)

hamil99

Facebook User
I'm thinking that Eccles injuries problems have mainly been due to growing pangs more than physical weakness.

His ability can't be in question, as that's been evident in what we've seen from him, especially recently.

I think 4 years was shrewd business by the club, and will be a of a massive benefit.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

How would that be a diamond?
animation animated gif GIF by weinventyou

clint van damme

He's starting to show why he got a four year deal now. Long may it continue.

His defensive stats are amongst the best in the league compared with other midfielders.

He's come on leaps and bounds, I really like him.
And fair play to him for filling in admirably at wing back when needed because he's clearly not a wing back!

Tommo1993

Must have had the buzz of his life scoring in front of a full house. Would’ve been a brilliant feeling.

PVA

He’s a very good player. People often miss a lot of the dirty work and then focus on the odd misplaced pass but I thought he had another great game yesterday

Yep, he's in the 99th percentile for tackles made amongst championship midfielders this season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Most pleasing is that he has *fingers crossed* managed to play a number of games without injury. Maybe it was growth related. Thought he was a decent DM and would go on to show it provided he steered clear of injuries.

Brighton Sky Blue

Had a great game yesterday. Still makes me laugh how irrationally angry some people were that he got given a decent contract.

The reaction time to take his goal yesterday was hugely impressive

Nobody was angry. The most that was said was concerns over his injury record, he’s had two bad ones already.

No issue at all with his footballing ability.

Hertsccfc

No coincidence that we keep winning when he plays. He really is an excellent team player. With Kelly playing he has the licence to go forward more too. Like Hamer and to a more limited extent Allen can play both defensive and creative roles.

harvey098

Nobody was angry. The most that was said was concerns over his injury record, he’s had two bad ones already.

Think you might want to re-read this thread. Lots of people questioning his ability and a number of people really unhappy about the length of the contract.

Still might turn out to be a bad decision. He might be injured for the next 4 years but still worth the risk. If he becomes a solid championship player, it would have been shrewd to sign him on a long term deal when he was an injury prone, fringe player.

Hertsccfc

Think you might want to re-read this thread. Lots of people questioning his ability and a number of people really unhappy about the length of the contract.

Still might turn out to be a bad decision. He might be injured for the next 4 years but still worth the risk. If he becomes a solid championship player, it would have been shrewd to sign him on a long term deal when he was an injury prone, fringe player.
We have to assume the medical team have assessed fitness issues. Let's face it grey know more ghan any of us. Beyond that you can't predict injuries. Who would have predicted O'Hare getting two serious injuries this year. Players like Gerrard had lots of injuries as youngsters but then hardly ever missed games.

rexo87

Which was stupid anyway. He hasn't had any recurring injuries. They've all been completely seperate which makes him no more injury prone than others

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

excellent improvement this year! astute contract extention as well, just needs to work on his 10yard sprinting ability as he wins the ball quite easily but does not get out of the way fast enough and could get a serious injury from the player he nicked the ball off.

Hutch11

I'm happy to be proven wrong. He was diabolical at the start of the season at rwb. Like a whole new signing in midfield.
Seem to remember Watford away where him and Burrows were excellent against their big name players

harvey098

I wonder if any of the posters annoyed at Eccles being given a decent contract extension in January have changed their minds?

He’s becoming a reliable, combative midfielder and has now actually played the most minutes in the entire squad this season. (Playing in every league game)

Offering a 4 year deal on a player whose started 16 league games is not on the face of it very sensible is it

Yet another bizarrely long contract extension, it’s like we never learn.

I agree, when is this club going to learn? When is it?

4 year contract for a player that has been with the first team since 2019 and contributing a handful of games due to not being good enough, injured or sitting on the bench. Another year or two max on a relevant salary I’d possibly except the thinking but four years.

I may be in the minority but I don’t see a player in Eccles like I do see in Burroughs. All about opinions but the club needs to stop dishing out long term contracts to players who haven’t deserved them. I may be harsh here but this industry must be the only one that rewards failure. He may be on £500 a week for example (he won’t) but it’s still a salary going out the club.

Hutch11

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but even back then I could see the Eccles knockers didn't have a feckin clue

harvey098

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but even back then I could see the Eccles knockers didn't have a feckin clue
Tbf I think reading the comments most were concerned by his injury record.. but my point was always that it was worth the risk / reward. If he had a run like he’s having then tying him on a long contract on pretty cheap wages is surely better than having a situation like COH

Hutch11

Tbf I think reading the comments most were concerned by his injury record.. but my point was always that it was worth the risk / reward. If he had a run like he’s having then tying him on a long contract on pretty cheap wages is surely better than having a situation like COH

I'm stoked we've got him on a long deal , the lad is improving week on week and must be one of the 1st names on the team sheet

As for CoH, I love the kid , think if he gets fit enough he could be great for us but do we give him a new contract hoping ge gets fit enough or do we cut our losses?

Users who are viewing this thread