Jubilee (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s impossible to tell BSB. That’s what I was alluding to earlier. You can only calculate direct revenue but not the many intangibles. The amount that come over and walk past the sites etc (I remember being taken to stand outside Buckingham palace as a kid). Even such things as people from other countries now seeing the Jubilee celebrations on tv and then decided to come to visit.

The royal family are a major attraction. You only have to look at the deals Harry and Megan secured to see that

And if they weren’t around anymore the landmarks are all still there. Unless you’re saying all this country has to offer is the royals and that we should let tourists decide the HoS

Grendel

Bizarre deflection here.

If we got rid of the monarchy Buckingham Palace would be the equivalent of Verseilles which seems quite a popular tourist attraction.

Well clearly I need to establish how clever you are to see if I need to use crayons or is this a degree educated to degree educated chat

Grendel

And if they weren’t around anymore the landmarks are all still there. Unless you’re saying all this country has to offer is the royals and that we should let tourists decide the HoS

But most people want them here…

Brighton Sky Blue

Lol I’ve been rude. Some block on this thread says I hate Muslims I’m a racist and hate disabled people

FFS grow up

I haven’t said that have I? You’re just boring to go round in circles with and if your aim was to just stodge up discussion to the point where nobody can be arsed then congratulations.

Grendel

I haven’t said that have I? You’re just boring to go round in circles with and if your aim was to just stodge up discussion to the point where nobody can be arsed then congratulations.

The title was jubilee - most people have reacted positively in the country - all you’ve done is whinge - why bother?

It’s nothing to do with visiting palaces it’s people supporting an institution they clearly value. I don’t get why anyone can get so worked up when it has no impact either way in your actual life

Brighton Sky Blue

The title was jubilee - most people have reacted positively in the country - all you’ve done is whinge - why bother?

It’s nothing to do with visiting palaces it’s people supporting an institution they clearly value. I don’t get why anyone can get so worked up when it has no impact either way in your actual life

You’re working me up more than the celebrations

Grendel

So continued deflection

Hardly - the vast majority of the country support the monarchy - over the age of 25 no age group has more than 25% opposition so no one gives a flying fuck about if people visit Versailles and 3 out of 4 want the queen than an odious c**t like Macron

How’s that for non deflection

Hertsccfc

In my experience most people have reacted with indifference but enjoyed the time off work.

Reactions: PVA

Hertsccfc

Hardly - the vast majority of the country support the monarchy - over the age of 25 no age group has more than 25% opposition so no one gives a flying fuck about if people visit Versailles and 3 out of 4 want the queen than an odious c**t like Macron

It is deflection. You said we need a monarchy for tourism. Others have said people would visit Buckingham Palace without a monarchy because if its historical significance. I said Verseilles is the clear equivalent.

Grendel

It is deflection. You said we need a monarchy for tourism. Others have said people would visit Buckingham Palace without a monarchy because if its historical significance. I said Verseilles is the clear equivalent.

Where on earth have I said we need a monarchy for tourism

CCFCSteve

That time I mentioned when i was taken to Buckingham palace was ‘to see the queen’…silly I know but that sums it up. I’m just saying the royal family will play a far larger role in tourism to this country than the base numbers you’ve provided

Brighton Sky Blue

That time I mentioned when i was taken to Buckingham palace was ‘to see the queen’…silly I know but the sums it up. I’m just saying the royal family will play a far larger role in tourism to this country than the base numbers you’ve provided

Except you don’t and the palace would still be there and in fact more accessible for everyone to go and look inside. Do you go to the Vatican to see the Pope or to see the Cistine Chapel?

How much of the £125 billion we make from tourism come down to the Queen?

CCFCSteve

Except you don’t and the palace would still be there and in fact more accessible for everyone to go and look inside. Do you go to the Vatican to see the Pope or to see the Cistine Chapel?

How much of the £125 billion we make from tourism come down to the Queen?

I don’t know, neither do you, that’s what I was saying.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well the reality actually is no one cares. I’ve not bowed to anyone
If no-ones cares why have you spent so much time on here telling people they should be celebrating and how everyone loves the monarchy?

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

clint van damme

That’s a horrendous accusation? Especially given the person you are sticking up for has a questionable posting history. Still wouldn’t expect anything less from a Liverpool fan. You will go on my ignore list once @Houchens Head figures out how to do it

Sorry boosh, I don't wish to engage with a homophone, Harry would be really disappointed with your out dated views. I hope you have a moment of enlightenment.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You're looking at the situation when an increasingly frail old lady has spent longer in the position than anyone else in the country's history, doing her ceremonial duties without trying to influence the politics At a time when the actual elected officials are treating everyone with disdain and fucking managing the country up to an almost unbelievable degree and everyone is down due to a huge cost of living crisis and high inflation. Is it any wonder people are looking to celebrate whatever they can?

20-25 years ago, post Diana public opinion was very much swinging the other way. Let's see what the opinion is when we're 5-10 years into Charles' reign.

Grendel

If no-ones cares why have you spent so much time on here telling people they should be celebrating and how everyone loves the monarchy?

Ive certainly not spent as much time as you droning on with lengthy shite posts about your boring political views that no one gives a fuck about

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well clearly I need to establish how clever you are to see if I need to use crayons or is this a degree educated to degree educated chat
Thought you were the man of the people railing against those nasty elitist white-collar WFH bastards?

So no-one without a degree can be clever, then? I'm sure those hard-working self-made business people will be pleased to know you think they're less intelligent than someone with a 2:2 in media studies.

Grendel

You're looking at the situation when an increasingly frail old lady has spent longer in the position than anyone else in the country's history, doing her ceremonial duties without trying to influence the politics At a time when the actual elected officials are treating everyone with disdain and fucking managing the country up to an almost unbelievable degree and everyone is down due to a huge cost of living crisis and high inflation. Is it any wonder people are looking to celebrate whatever they can?

20-25 years ago, post Diana public opinion was very much swinging the other way. Let's see what the opinion is when we're 5-10 years into Charles' reign.

Yes let’s I can hardly wait the excitement and potentially life changing consequences are literally killing me

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ive certainly not spent as much time as you droning on with lengthy shite posts about your boring political views that no one gives a fuck about

giphy.gif

Grendel

Thought you we're the man of the people railing against those nasty elitist white-collar WFH bastards?

So no-one without a degree can be clever, then? I'm sure those hard-working self-made business people will be pleased to know you think they're less intelligent than someone with a 2:2 in media studies.

@herts wherever his name is said most people on here have degrees and aren’t “that old” so that’s why they have more intelligent views

Glad you agree with me he’s a patronising c**t

PVA

I consider myself a fairly regular poster on here but Grendel has made has many posts since Thursday as I have in the last month 😳

Happy jubilee indeed!

Hertsccfc

@herts wherever his name is said most people on here have degrees and aren’t “that old” so that’s why they have more intelligent views

Glad you agree with me he’s a patronising c**t
I didn't say that.

And why do you have to be so offensive?

NorthernWisdom

Thought you were the man of the people railing against those nasty elitist white-collar WFH bastards?

Someone with a 2:2 in media studies will be delighted to know they're being used as an example of being a stupid person...

Grendel

I consider myself a fairly regular poster on here but Grendel has made has many posts since Thursday as I have in the last month 😳

Happy jubilee indeed!

Good to see you are counting though according to Duffer mine are only a couple of lines so aren’t real posts - at least unlike you I’ve worked out phones work in the open air - Christ that’s 6 lines

PVA

Good to see you are counting though according to Duffer mine are only a couple of lines so aren’t real posts - at least unlike you I’ve worked out phones work in the open air - Christ that’s 6 lines

Over 200 posts since Thursday, you haven't been anywhere and if you have you've obviously been awful company 😂

Users who are viewing this thread