Jubilee (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Over 200 posts since Thursday, you haven't been anywhere and if you have you've obviously been awful company 😂

Mmmm great to see you are counting - how many does Tony make every week and how many words per post?

I still haven’t had an explanation for the disabled discrimination nonsense by the way

PVA

Mmmm great to see you are counting - how many does Tony make every week and how many words per post?

I still haven’t had an explanation for the disabled discrimination nonsense by the way

It takes seconds to see on someone's profile. About 3 clicks. It only goes back 200 posts though, which for me was early May and for you is Thursday lunchtime 😬

You know what it is. It's your continued use of offensive ableist language, one word in particular.

Grendel

It takes seconds to see on someone's profile. About 3 clicks. It only goes back 200 posts though, which for me was early May and for you is Thursday lunchtime 😬

You know what it is. It's your continued use of offensive ableist language, one word in particular.

What words that?

olderskyblue

Nice to see Coventry represented in todays procession, and I actually know someone in it :D

jimmyhillsfanclub

Queen is already dead......the deep fake actor can get away with a balcony appearance.....but little prince George knows....just look at his face!

skybluetony176

Just checked. If what PVA said is correct 200 since the 15th of May.

Have you really made 200 since Thursday? That’s shocking if you have. I put my hands up, I spend way too much time on here but 200 in less than a week! Fucking Hell.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Someone with a 2:2 in media studies will be delighted to know they're being used as an example of being a stupid person...
It was a subject I felt Grendel would consider to be less intellectually challenging. Though as his career is apparently convincing people to buy shit, maybe not.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got me paranoid and had to check my own.

Pleasantly surprised to find mine goes back to the end of Apr and I've made about 50 in the last week.

Still a sad bastard spending too much time on here, but there's a sliver of hope for me.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just checked. If what PVA said is correct 200 since the 15th of May.

Have you really made 200 since Thursday? That’s shocking if you have. I put my hands up, I spend way too much time on here but 200 in less than a week! Fucking Hell.
And that's without any Cov games going on!

Otis

I don’t mind the history of royalty and enjoyed visiting the sights in London. But the whole people worshipping side of things irks me. They, like celebrities, eat, piss, shit and die like the rest of us. I had to do a visit to a Duchess for work and the boot licking was cringeworthy and makes me uncomfortable.

It doesn’t sit right the wealth they have when people are on the streets. But then again, nor does £4b being spent on a football club or £500k a week being shovelled into Haaland’s pocket. I acknowledge that football money isn’t raised from taxes but still. Wealth distribution is wrong across the board.

I won’t be watching much of it or bowing to Liz. But I’m thankful for the extra day off which will be spent playing with the kids and then watching my favourite ever film in tribute to Ray Liotta.
Yeah, this is pretty much me too, though I didn't watch any of it. Love the history of the royals, but have zero interest in the current monarchy and royal family.

So many more important things out there and I find the royalty all pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVA

CCFCSteve

Yeah, this is pretty much me too, though I didn't watch any of it. Love the history of the royals, but have zero interest in the current monarchy and royal family.

So many more important things out there and I find the royalty all pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Not even Rod Stewart ?

Sbarcher

All achieved historically by putting down rebellions and having expansionist ambitions with the strongest army. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

rob9872

Whilst moaning at those who crave after following the Royals or celebrities, just remember the adulation and praise we heap on a bunch of blokes kicking a bag of air around a field. Each to their own without it upsetting you or getting irked surely?

Otis

Whilst moaning at those who crave after following the Royals or celebrities, just remember the adulation and praise we heap on a bunch of blokes kicking a bag of air around a field. Each to their own without it upsetting you or getting irked surely?
I just didn't watch it and showed zero interest, but I had no problem with anyone having a street party, or sticking a flag out. Up to them. I just avoided it all

RegTheDonk

How? More visitors more revenue
How? Because you're deflecting away from the point I'm making that I don't think a HoS would be as popular as the royal family with tourists. You've got the stats to show there are more popular attractions, if thats the case no argument there, though I'm amazed so many come to this country to visit a bloody zoo. You've deflected by jumping on my comment to Steve re. HoS/Royal Family and turned it into a general populist view of the royals, for what purpose I'm not sure, I can only presume you think anything that could be seen as pro-royalist must be quashed.

Sick Boy

How? Because you're deflecting away from the point I'm making that I don't think a HoS would be as popular as the royal family with tourists. You've got the stats to show there are more popular attractions, if thats the case no argument there, though I'm amazed so many come to this country to visit a bloody zoo. You've deflected by jumping on my comment to Steve re. HoS/Royal Family and turned it into a general populist view of the royals, for what purpose I'm not sure, I can only presume you think anything that could be seen as pro-royalist must be quashed.
I wonder how all of those other countries without monarchies cope? Tourism being a reason to keep them is pretty desperate, the country has a lot more to offer tourists than the Royal Family.

Liquid Gold

Bit different when if you don't like football you can avoid games and not buy sky sports.

The Royals are paid for from our taxes.

chiefdave

Because you're deflecting away from the point I'm making that I don't think a HoS would be as popular as the royal family with tourists.
In reality what does that mean? The Queen isn't selling meet and greets with tourists, they're coming to see the likes of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace. Do you think that if there was no Royal Family, or a smaller Royal Family, people would no longer visit?

Grendel

In reality what does that mean? The Queen isn't selling meet and greets with tourists, they're coming to see the likes of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace. Do you think that if there was no Royal Family, or a smaller Royal Family, people would no longer visit?

Well I don’t think you’d have had all the visitors over the weekend of events - then the total spend at those events and subsequent merchandise sales.

Really it’s impossible to quantify either way.

RegTheDonk

Dave, of course nobody is going to have a meet and greet with any of them in this fashion. If they were abolished, yes people would still visit the castles and the palaces, they are steeped in history. But would we get more people wanting to visit the gaff/ haunts of an elected HoS? I honestly don't think so.

Grendel

Dave, of course nobody is going to have a meet and greet with any of them in this fashion. If they were abolished, yes people would still visit the castles and the palaces, they are steeped in history. But would we get more people wanting to visit the gaff/ haunts of an elected HoS? I honestly don't think so.

Im sure Windsor Castle is the most visited Castle in England isnt it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Well it was all over everything so kind of hard to avoid. Oh and who covered the cost of it?

rob9872

Helpful if you address the point I was responding to rather just another about how much it costs and who is paying (even if it's accurate based on the economy boost).

The point was in response to others saying it wasn't the Royals or jubilee that bothered them, but the people worshipping that irks them. I simply reminded what most of us do over footballers and I assume many of them would feel the same way about that, so I'll repeat ... each to their own!

Brighton Sky Blue

Helpful if you address the point I was responding to rather just another about how much it costs and who is paying (even if it's accurate based on the economy boost).

The point was in response to others saying it wasn't the Royals or jubilee that bothered them, but the people worshipping that irks them. I simply reminded what most of us do over footballers and I assume many of them would feel the same way about that, so I'll repeat ... each to their own!

I don’t think anyone said either. Though the reaction here to people basically just saying they’d rather elect the HoS than leave it to birth says a fair bit.

A second tier football team and who leads the country aren’t comparable

Grendel

rob9872

I don’t mind the history of royalty and enjoyed visiting the sights in London. But the whole people worshipping side of things irks me. They, like celebrities, eat, piss, shit and die like the rest of us. I had to do a visit to a Duchess for work and the boot licking was cringeworthy and makes me uncomfortable.

I don’t think anyone said either. Though the reaction here to people basically just saying they’d rather elect the HoS than leave it to birth says a fair bit.

A second tier football team and who leads the country aren’t comparable

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong but clearly they did! It was on this page which is what I was replying to, but as always context is everything.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong but clearly they did! It was on this page which is what I was replying to, but as always context is everything.

Sure, but really the only defensive people I see are the ones who think opposing the monarchy means hatred of the Queen or wanting to start a revolution etc.

It’s the kind of stifling that the left ‘side’ is accused of. There is also seemingly this idea that what people would prefer is also what they expect to happen. The crux of it really is:

Do you think the Head of State should be selected by inheritance or by the people?

Bugsy

@Bugsy threatened me on private messages as well😂😂😂😂

did I threaten you ??

I asked you if you would like to meet up in person to discuss your problem with me and that offer still on if your not a shit stirring coward.

always playing the victim and not only hypocrite but a lying c**t as well, as you to have made false accusations towards me.

Last edited:

Grendel

Sure, but really the only defensive people I see are the ones who think opposing the monarchy means hatred of the Queen or wanting to start a revolution etc.

It’s the kind of stifling that the left ‘side’ is accused of. There is also seemingly this idea that what people would prefer is also what they expect to happen. The crux of it really is:

Do you think the Head of State should be selected by inheritance or by the people?

You made a direct observation that the future king may have known Jimmy savillles crimes

Covkid1968#

Actually went in the thread expecting to see us all saying what a top weekend of celebration it was. I’m a bit left of Centre and am very much for the sharing of wealth….but I absolutely love the Royals. So many countries wish they had them… I’ve had a cracking weekend and didn’t even leave my village. Each to their own but be careful what you wish for. We’ve elected one almighty lying prick…. Let’s not have a situation where we elect an idiot as HOS.

Users who are viewing this thread