Kin CWR (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

Just had to use wife’s car to take grandkids to school, and she always has CWR on.
Who the f*** is Phil Upton ? What a total prick. Someone tell me he is an ex teacher,might make some sense then.
So CCFC fans are all evil nasty people who hate Wasps, and post hate and vitriol constantly.
F***** Wasps the club who were prepared to support the city of Coventry, unlike CCFC who were not.
Upton what the f*** do you know?
We already had a rugby team,they were called COVENTRY as were the football team.
Why do people listen to this sanctimonious ,Wasp appeasing prick ? 🤬
Phew needed to get that out, can get on with the rest of my day now. 😀😀🍺🍺😇

torchomatic

"So CCFC fans are all evil nasty people who hate Wasps, and post hate and vitriol constantly."

To be fair, he's got me down to a T there.

D

Deleted member 2477

Just waiting on them and the waspegraph to start running a go fund me page for wasps now. The media in this country are a joke

Moff

To be honest I appreciate there’s some good people there but apart from the City stuff I feel it’s a complete waste of my licence fee

duffer

"Radio Inane" would be a better name for 90% of CWR output. It's got worse and worse over the years, to the point where the only thing I listen to nowadays is the sports coverage.

Anyone who doesn't understand why there's a significant proportion of their listeners who might be happy to see the back of Wasps, hasn't really followed the issues.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Cant believe someone said CCFC fans post bile at anyone supporting Wasps. What a wasps supporting prick.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
They should really be asking the council to explain why on earth they sold to a business that would have had credit red flags everywhere in tbe first place

When have they ever done that along the whole way, though?

CWR were petrified of a clause being mentioned with the whole St Andrews thing and tried to deny it as much as possible but ended up wrong.

shmmeee

They should really be asking the council to explain why on earth they sold to a business that would have had credit red flags everywhere in tbe first place

When they should have sold to CCFC who have very solid finances? From the rumours only by the grace of Hyams hamstring did we avoid our own admin.

I get it. Everyone wanted us to have the CBS, everyone wanted Joys gamble to work, little but of anti establishment fuck the politicians thrown in. But the fact is everyone acted in their own interest, which is what you should expect. CCC got shot of a troublesome asset when it was unlikely to find anything else. Wasps got a few more years lifeline. Joy got the chance and excuse to build her own stadium.

None of those plans lasted.

Grendel

When have they ever done that along the whole way, though?

CWR were petrified of a clause being mentioned with the whole St Andrews thing and tried to deny it as much as possible but ended up wrong.

The individual squabbles are really a bit of a diversion to the main issue. The sale of a large complex to a company with no trading history and also allowing a lease extension to create value to borrow against was a ridiculous action that will have to be explained at some point

Grendel

When they should have sold to CCFC who have very solid finances? From the rumours only by the grace of Hyams hamstring did we avoid our own admin.

I get it. Everyone wanted us to have the CBS, everyone wanted Joys gamble to work, little but of anti establishment fuck the politicians thrown in. But the fact is everyone acted in their own interest, which is what you should expect. CCC got shot of a troublesome asset when it was unlikely to find anything else. Wasps got a few more years lifeline. Joy got the chance and excuse to build her own stadium.

None of those plans lasted.

No I wouldn’t have sold to ccfc at that point either

It was troublesome as the dumb council never would budge on extending the lease on ACL when they had shares in it

shmmeee

The individual squabbles are really a bit of a diversion to the main issue. The sale of a large complex to a company with no trading history and also allowing a lease extension to create value to borrow against was a ridiculous action that will have to be explained at some point

What would you have done? Faced with a litigious opponent who states they have no interest in the ground.

Grendel

What would you have done? Faced with a litigious opponent who states they have no interest in the ground.

I’d have extended the lease of the complex for a start which would have meant the loan against it could have been revised on far far better terms including a pay down of the capital.

It was idiotic and they’ve even set themselves up for getting it back under the administration default clauses

Nick

Administrator

Well yeah, I imagine if they had sold Coombe Abbey for example to some gypsys they would be asked questioned.

shmmeee

I’d have extended the lease of the complex for a start which would have meant the loan against it could have been revised on far far better terms including a pay down of the capital.

It was idiotic and they’ve even set themselves up for getting it back under the administration default clauses

Thats just kicking the can though. You’ve got a 32k stadium sat around and apparently due to go empty within 5 years (lol). Who do you get in?

Nick

Administrator
Thats just kicking the can though. You’ve got a 32k stadium sat around and apparently due to go empty within 5 years (lol). Who do you get in?

Maybe I spoke too soon about the overdrive.

If I remember, it was "washing it's face" without a sports team?

Grendel

Nonsense. For a start it has other uses - wasps play on it for 14 days a year by the way

Why didn’t they test the theory then and place it as an open market sale on a 250 year lease rather than slip that in through the back door?

shmmeee

Whack it on the market to invite more offers.

From who?

You need a sports team or you may as well bulldoze the place and build an exhibition centre.

The chances of one coming up are absolutely tiny. Of course you jump on that.

And it’s not me frothing here.

shmmeee

Nonsense. For a start it has other uses - wasps play on it for 14 days a year by the way

Why didn’t they test the theory then and place it as an open market sale on a 250 year lease rather than slip that in through the back door?

Because they wanted an anchor sports team and one came along.

Grendel

Because they wanted an anchor sports team and one came along.

Surely they wanted maximum revenue from a sale?

You seem to be suggesting that wasn’t a priority at all

shmmeee

I’ll leave you all to it again, just saying when you start having to think everyone else is stupid and evil and only you can see the light, it’s a good sign to check yourself.

For all I fucking hate the pricks, that applies to Sisu as well. The only people with the club at the front of their mind is the fans. Everyone else has other priorities. The only one of those we can really take issue with is Sisu as the owners and the ones responsible for our wellbeing. No matter how nice you feel third parties should be to us.

shmmeee

Surely they wanted maximum revenue from a sale?

You seem to be suggesting that wasn’t a priority at all

Im suggesting it wasn’t the only priority. The Ricoh was built as part of a regeneration and city PR project. Sport does that, brings a national profile, etc. It wasn’t built as purely an exhibition centre and if that’s what you wanted to turn it into you’d do well to rebuild the bowl.

Given the choice between making what seemed like a straight swap and reconfiguring the plan for that area, it’s a no brainier.

What if you put it on the open market and someone comes in and wants to knock the bowl down? Do you let them and cut off any hope of CCFC playing there? Who would want to keep it without a team to play there?

Nick

Administrator
Im suggesting it wasn’t the only priority. The Ricoh was built as part of a regeneration and city PR project. Sport does that, brings a national profile, etc. It wasn’t built as purely an exhibition centre and if that’s what you wanted to turn it into you’d do well to rebuild the bowl.

Given the choice between making what seemed like a straight swap and reconfiguring the plan for that area, it’s a no brainier.

What if you put it on the open market and someone comes in and wants to knock the bowl down? Do you let them and cut off any hope of CCFC playing there? Who would want to keep it without a team to play there?

How's the Wasps regeneration of the area going?

Let's face it, CCFC didn't come into their thoughts at all.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I mean if they were desperate for an anchor sports tenant they probably should have sold to the Manhattan group rather than claiming they didn’t need Coventry City…

MalcSB

You would put a covenant in prohibiting demolition of the bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread