Kin CWR (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Coventry and Wasps fan in peace here.

I have seen the vitriol from sky blues fans towards wasps fans on twitter and I have tried to mediate somewhat. I understand tensions are high but at the end of the day, we all want the same things for our respective teams. Phil and Clive both want what’s best for both teams.

Clive mentioned on air that a buyer is looking at the ground, Wasps and the Sky Blues. Hopefully this is true and we can thrive as a sporting city again, potentially in harmony. I’m sure if both clubs were owned by the same group and being successful, the animosity would disappear.

Good luck

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I have seen the vitriol from sky blues fans towards wasps fans on twitter and I have tried to mediate somewhat. I understand tensions are high but at the end of the day, we all want the same things for our respective teams. Phil and Clive both want what’s best for both teams.

Clive mentioned on air that a buyer is looking at the ground, Wasps and the Sky Blues. Hopefully this is true and we can thrive as a sporting city again, potentially in harmony. I’m sure if both clubs were owned by the same group and being successful, the animosity would disappear.
If you were a Coventry fan you’d understand the vitriol.

we can be sporting city - ideally with the city’s actual rugby side at the heart of it. Not the London one.

incidentally will you still be following wasps if they went back to London?

NorthernWisdom

The individual squabbles are really a bit of a diversion to the main issue. The sale of a large complex to a company with no trading history and also allowing a lease extension to create value to borrow against was a ridiculous action that will have to be explained at some point
I expect the answer is somewhere along the lines of divesting themselves of a hassle, and a risk of having to defend countless litigation forever and a day.

Liquid Gold

You're fucking scum

Grendel

I expect the answer is somewhere along the lines of divesting themselves of a hassle, and a risk of having to defend countless litigation forever and a day.

Still doesn’t explain why it wasn’t a 250 year lease from the start

AOM

"Radio Inane" would be a better name for 90% of CWR output. It's got worse and worse over the years, to the point where the only thing I listen to nowadays is the sports coverage.

Anyone who doesn't understand why there's a significant proportion of their listeners who might be happy to see the back of Wasps, hasn't really followed the issues.

You just have to hear the adverts for the other shows between the football coverage to hear how painful it is. All the fake laughing and banter drives me mental and I can't imagine it attracts many younger audiences.

It's pretty much Mid Morning Matters

NorthernWisdom

Still doesn’t explain why it wasn’t a 250 year lease from the start
I'd assume the explanation there is something about basically Wasps indeed not having the money, but the lease extension afterwards allows them to buy in and then raise capital afterwards. Same principle, divests CCC of the risk, but the way it's done enables them to divest themselves of the risk with minimal hassle and less opportunity for SISU to get wind of it, and attempt stalling actions.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'd assume the explanation there is something about basically Wasps indeed not having the money, but the lease extension afterwards allows them to buy in and then raise capital afterwards. Same principle, divests CCC of the risk, but the way it's done enables them to divest themselves of the risk with minimal hassle and less opportunity for SISU to get wind of it, and attempt stalling actions.
But if we take Fisher at his word - SISU would have been interested at 250 years. This in theory means they’d likely have offered more and provided a better return for the Coventry tax payer.

evidently their hatred of SISU has cost the taxpayer and now we’re potentially left with a white elephant. Great due diligence there CCC

NorthernWisdom

But if we take Fisher at his word - SISU would have been interested at 250 years. This in theory means they’d likely have offered more and provided a better return for the Coventry tax payer.
But they're the litigious threat who've ensured that trust has broken down, and there's no way they'd have progressed anywhere in buying the arena, and any attempts would have been to gain access to information to launch more squeezing attacks, in CCC's view by that time. Opening it uo to SISU was probably seen as potentially costing more money - the safe option was to exclude them and get rid ASAP.

I'm sure Fisher would have been interested - he did actually agree a deal, after all. Fisher is ultimately as powerless as Boddy however. The trust and personality issues have always been higher up really, and Fisher was just the conduit.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But they're the litigious threat who've ensured that trust has broken down, and there's no way they'd have progressed anywhere in buying the arena, and any attempts would have been to gain access to information to launch more squeezing attacks, in CCC's view by that time. Opening it uo to SISU was probably seen as potentially costing more money - the safe option was to exclude them and get rid ASAP.

I'm sure Fisher would have been interested - he did actually agree a deal, after all. Fisher is ultimately as powerless as Boddy however. The trust and personality issues have always been higher up really, and Fisher was just the conduit.
Talking of trust - it’s a two way street, remember they brought us back from Northampton with a future discussion about ownership… it was basically a ruse to get us in as a tenant for wasps

NorthernWisdom

Talking of trust - it’s a two way street, remember they brought us back from Northampton with a future discussion about ownership… it was basically a ruse to get us in as a tenant for wasps
I'm pretty sure SISU hurried us back once they got wind of a deal for the Arena, in the hope that occupation would somehow render the option to buy into the Arena still valid, and mean they had a chance of stopping the Wasps deal.

Trust may be a two way street, but the question was why CCC would accept the deal they did, I've offered a possible reason. It's worth noting all councillors, of all parties, thought it was a good idea to accept. That reason must have been quite persuasive, whatever it was.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I think it was right that the stadium was NOT given away to SISU because of they extreme actions they took for to get a knockdown price.
Understandable to bring someone else in when SISU said they were leaving for good as the stadium would be a 'white elephant'.

Having WASPS here was always going to be unsustainable in medium term. I absolutely agree that it was crazy for a 'London' team playing in a stadium built for Coventry City and Coventry City playing elsewhere.

Hopefully the WASPS unsustainable position in Coventry will end soon and a much better and natural position results in some form.

Don't forget what SISU are like . Some recent success doesn't hide their ruthlessness and partial interest in the success of Coventry City and regard of its supporters.

Lots of fault in many of the parties involved for sure.

Let's just hope some good news happen where the stadium is a 'sky blue elephant' stadium. Also hope our team does better and is strengthened. Fans can help by getting behind team and Mark Robbins.

Grendel

It’s a nonsense - a sub 50 year lease is worthless

duffer

I've got absolutely no issue with Wasps fans, I've got a few mates who go occasionally, but as politely as I can put it, they never belonged in this City and I'd be massively against the football club being in any way involved with them.

Without being in any way sarcastic, if you've found a love for the game, then if the worse happens Coventry RFC would welcome your support. There's not as much razamatazz but the rugby's not bad and the stadium is easier to get to than the CBS. It's a friendly place, I go there regularly and they're busy writing their own history.

Be a part of that club and that history instead; with apologies again, experience suggests that Wasps aren't that bothered about their fans when it comes right down to it.

Liquid Gold

I wouldn’t wear a Coventry shirt to a wasps game either as they aren’t playing. Would be kind of strange. Do you attend many Coventry games?
Would be outing yourself as the fucking turncoat you are so you know full well why you won't do it as the reaction you'd get wouldn't be pleasant.

You'd be banned from CCFC and CRFC if I had my way, you're a fucking scum bag.

Liquid Gold

Well given the dire financial straights we are in. I’m sure my season ticket money is more valuable than your posts on a forum. Go on how many games have you been to? How many loyalty points do you have? Far less than me I can assure you. I’m a truer fan than you
Who is we?

City?
Cov?
Wasps?
Tramp wrestling?
Watching the rugger lads pass around the missus?

Fuck off

Tommo1993

I do? I guarantee I have been to more Cov games than you in recent years

Only advice would be to stop being a WUM. You’ve made an account and have posted what you have posted - it was never going to be met with respect. This reconciliation act I’m suddenly seeing from Wasps fans is a joke and will certainly not be reciprocated. I would say it’s coming from a lot of their fans, but they don’t have a lot really do they?

duffer

I support cov too.

I don't quite know how you fit it all in then given the fixtures of the three clubs clash so often. You'll be aware there's no great love for Wasps at CRFC too no doubt.

Given you're obviously fairly flexible in your support, would it really bother you that much if Wasps went?

There'll still be plenty to do on Saturday afternoon, and that's before you'd even need to go to Leicester for the Tigers.

duffer

Alfie barbeary is a future England captain. I have also seen several all blacks and world class players for and against wasps.

Aye, and I've seen Zinzanh Brooke and more recently Sam T (hacksaw) at Cov too. And it was even more exciting because they were playing for an actual Coventry side.

I think you've got your answer mate, is there anything else you need to know?

duffer

Correct. They needed to move and have made a success out of it. Same as Wasps and same as when I supported us in Brum and Northampton

Now that is bollocks. MK Dons needed to move? If you knew anything about football you'd know that's rubbish.

You need to move on yourself now perhaps. I think you've outstayed your welcome and exhausted your excuses.

duffer

I can watch Vincent Koch play for an actual cov side too? It’s great I agree with you

Maybe if you supported them rather than the franchise. Wasps aren't a Cov side mate, they just washed up somewhere convenient for a while. Cov have been here since 1874, that's the Cov side pal. On your way now...

Users who are viewing this thread