Legacy Fund Update (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

I don't know if anyone has suggested it or it has already been looked into but is it possible to add the Legacy Fund to easyfundraising.co.uk? I use this to donate money to the Scottish Children's Hospice Association evewrytime I shop online whether it be with ebay, amazon,ticketmaster, sainsburys etc, it doesn't cost me anything and I don't know how it works but it is a simple way to donate to a worthy cause. Just think everytime you bought a ticket for CCFC through ticketmaster a small donation could be donated to the Legacy Fund

Nick

Administrator
Fundraising activities will take place next month when Coventry City face Sheffield United to mark the one year anniversary of the death of the Sky Blues’ legendary former Manager and Chairman Jimmy Hill.

‘JH’ passed away at the age of 87 on the 19th December 2015, and this will be marked when the Sky Blues face The Blades in front of the Sky Sports cameras on Thursday 15th December (7:45pm kick-off), with fans encouraged to join in with a minute’s applause in the 87th minute.

As well as remembering the amazing contribution of Hill on matchday and in the programme, we will also be highlighting the recently formed Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund.

There will be a collection for the Fund, which raise money to:
• provide activities for children and adults with disabilities
• provide opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people in Coventry and Warwickshire
• support and increase the activities on match days in the Sky Blues Family Zone
• provide small grant awards to local voluntary and community organisations. Fans interested in helping with the collection are asked to contact [email protected]

Supporters who purchase tickets online for games in the build up to the fixture will be sent details with their receipts about how to donate to the fund, while fans can bid for a mascot place for a 4-14 year old at the match – with money going to the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund.

A video about the Legacy Fund will be played at half time, while a video remembering Jimmy Hill’s contribution to the club, with contributions from his peers and players, will also be shown at the match.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ty-sheff-utd-3429163.aspx#s7iujdHq9bbrMRPL.99

Good idea to let people bid for a mascot place!

Also the sending out details with receipts :)

letsallsingtogether

Wrist band and badge arrived yesterday. Not sure about the wristband, bit if a youngster's thing, but will wear the badge with pride. It's a great initiative and deserves more support from the fans.
Me too on Friday.:)
Brother got the top now he just needs someone to give it to.....;)

Nick

Administrator
This is what people have said about it:

why do I always look and think - is this a cynical ploy by SISU to use a deceased Jimmy Hill's memory to try to draw more fans to a game thereby gaining more revenue?

SkyBlueCharlie

Thought I would give this a bump to remind everyone that if you are going to the match tonight there will be a collection taking place so you can do your bit quickly and easily. Just lob some change in the bucket!
Oh... and don't forget the one minute applause on the 87th minute.

Users who are viewing this thread