Les Reid Tweets re where 'goden share' is.... (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Where do you deduce that from? This year we were the best funded team in the division, equal with Doncaster. and FFP would not allow any more to be spent.

:pimp:

So why did the team finish mid-table (even with the 10pts restored) , something does not add up..

wingy

Where do you deduce that from? This year we were the best funded team in the division, equal with Doncaster. and FFP would not allow any more to be spent.

Is he suggesting that there was no actual investment from SISU.
I still worry that we may have broken FFP ,when you consider the aquisition of Robins and his backroom +5 loanees, followed by Pressley :thinking about:

mark82

I still worry that we may have broken FFP ,when you consider the aquisition of Robins and his backroom +5 loanees, followed by Pressley :thinking about:

Playing staff only I believe.

psgm1

Banned
Theres no guarantee for either party Torch.

And theres no point losing it from whatever side of the fence we all see this ,but I work in the Exhibition industry and would'nt mind betting that the loss of weekend matches would open up a lot of potential date for other weekend events capable of attracting 10k-20k punters over two days ,not bad footfall .Exhibition space @ the NEC goes for around £150 per sqm

With dimensions of 105x68 that would mean 150x105x68 (just in the pitch)

Gives.....

£1,071,000 !!!

Still wonder why sisu want the arena???

psgm1

Banned
Cheers Wingy,

Pretty much puts to bed any question ACL can afford to do without the football team, whereas sisu are dead ducks if they go. Doesn't mean cov SHOULD go, but its nonsense to say ACL COULDN'T survive!

grego_gee

I'm saying we had the biggest wage expenditure (on playing staff) in the league - and you expect them to sign more!
It can't happen! Not with PH4, not even with Obramavich!

wingy

I'm saying we had the biggest wage expenditure (on playing staff) in the league - and you expect them to sign more!
It can't happen! Not with PH4, not even with Obramavich!

Where did I say they should sign more ?I queried if he meant they personally had'nt contributed financially this season,IE; we ran at breakeven.

dongonzalos

So does this mean the golden share has been moved to holdings and the 10 points deduction was incorrect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or does it mean the FL do not care where it is as they think the LTD and Holdings is one of the same.. If the FL are correct and say the whole club is in Admin, a forced sale will have to happen no matter who hired the administrator,, would SISU really want to go against the FL on this and how would the FL act to defend its decision regarding the 10 points....

So messed up and not getting clearer is it,, hold onto your hats fellas may will be a very interesting month..

If the football league say both are linked. They deduct the ten points.

The question I would ask is where is Les Reid getting his information from.

So far he has attacked the council. Now this, remember he was the investigative journalist who was on top on the whole ARVO move by SISU. Which he did not tell us about till OSB spotted it and told us on here. Then if you remember he had been working on it for months but only told us what OSB had already revealed. Is AVRO ARVO whatever significant now????? Just a bit (in the planing for months) but hey ho Bryan Richardson made a statement the same day if I remember correctly far more important.

Then he broke the story after it broke in here.

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

So why did the team finish mid-table (even with the 10pts restored) , something does not add up..

Mainly due to the football club being run like a youth club (see Callum Balls comments) the disastrous tenure under Shaw, which hindered the club off the field as well as on it. Losing Robins due to the financial situation off of the pitch, Losing Clarke to injury.

When we were in the Premier the golden share was not relevant so 2001 when we were relegated to the FL the Golden Share was registered against CCFC Ltd. The share registration has never been moved, but the FL has been doing business with CCFC under the CCFC Holdings banner for some time now.

To me that means the two entities are linked and putting one into admin in the eyes of the league will constitute the club as being in admin, as per Southampton.

S

skyblue2k

If you read Les' tweets, he mentioned that he received the information from the high court documents submitted by holdings / Arvo / SBS&L's to the court.

dongonzalos

When we were in the Premier the golden share was not relevant so 2001 when we were relegated to the FL the Golden Share was registered against CCFC Ltd. The share registration has never been moved, but the FL has been doing business with CCFC under the CCFC Holdings banner for some time now.

To me that means the two entities are linked and putting one into admin in the eyes of the league will constitute the club as being in admin, as per Southampton.

No question both are in admin and the club is for sale.

Pointless delay lots of false propaganda about relocating.

The only question that really counts when is Paul Appleton going to admit the club is in admin.

When he does who will bid more SISU for their own debt. The bigger the better for them.

Or A.Another

Last edited:

grego_gee

Where did I say they should sign more ?I queried if he meant they personally had'nt contributed financially this season,IE; we ran at breakeven.

Wasn't aimed at you personally wingy, just people on here generally. But paying the wages does count as investment! If SISU wern't paying the wages who would? ACL?, the council? Obviously they wouldn't but would it still not count as investment if they did? SISU should get some credit for funding the wage bill at the highest possible level in the league. Who is bought with that funding is down to the descision of individuals responsible, Thorn, Waggot, Robbins etc. They only got us McGoldrick, Clark, Moussa, Elliot, Jennings etc They missed out on Collins, Van Persie, Rooney and a whole lot more. Still when PH4 rides into town I'm sure he'll put it all right....... NOT!

dongonzalos

Wasn't aimed at you personally wingy, just people on here generally. But paying the wages does count as investment! If SISU wern't paying the wages who would? ACL?, the council? Obviously they wouldn't but would it still not count as investment if they did? SISU should get some credit for funding the wage bill at the highest possible level in the league. Who is bought with that funding is down to the descision of individuals responsible, Thorn, Waggot, Robbins etc. They only got us McGoldrick, Clark, Moussa, Elliot, Jennings etc They missed out on Collins, Van Persie, Rooney and a whole lot more. Still when PH4 rides into town I'm sure he'll put it all right....... NOT!

So if he takes over the club we would still have a transfer embargo whilst showing a player round the Ricoh that wants to sign for us........

Nonleagueherewecome

Well yes we missed out on Collins, due to SISU....the Rooney and Van Persie comments are facetious even by your standards.

dongonzalos

If you read Les' tweets, he mentioned that he received the information from the high court documents submitted by holdings / Arvo / SBS&L's to the court.

In relation to their challenge regarding the council loan?

Or in relation to the desperate matter of are Coventry City in Administration and up for sale or not?

dongonzalos

It's in relation to the council loan.

Ah ok cheers so not in relation to is Coventry City Football Club in Administration (legally) i.e. up for sale?

Can Les Reid investigative journalist probe the answer to this, the administrator has been looking at it for 5 weeks now?

grego_gee

Well yes we missed out on Collins, due to SISU....the Rooney and Van Persie comments are facetious even by your standards.

Yes the transfer embargos are SISU's fault and pretty dumb! But that has nothing to do with the level of investment.
Yes facetious, well spotted, but illustrative of the unreal expectations of many on here, who do you expect them to sign? Transfer fees are now out of fashion, particularly in this division!

dongonzalos

Yes the transfer embargos are SISU's fault and pretty dumb! But that has nothing to do with the level of investment.
Yes facetious, well spotted, but illustrative of the unreal expectations of many on here, who do you expect them to sign? Transfer fees are now out of fashion, particularly in this division!

The majority were happy with free transfers. The two players SISU caused us to miss out on were free transfers. No expenditure was expected. One to be fair would have gone to tribunal.

I think it was the 5 managers that followed
Another transfer embargo
Administration
Threats to relocate to Northampton
The loss of our academy
And a yank waiting in the wings with a 157 million that probably tipped the balance?

As oppose to not signing RVP or Rooney?

Grendel

Missing out on Collins was a blessing. They were the best team I've seen and he the weak link. Played only 23 games inc subs

WillieStanley

Missing out on Collins was a blessing. They were the best team I've seen and he the weak link. Played only 23 games inc subs

You've also got to think, had we signed Collins, would we have signed McGolrick or Clarke? I'm guessing not and I know who I'd rather!!

Sky Blue Kid

The last player to be "Bought" was McDonald nearly 3 years ago and because figures are "Undisclosed" nobody knows how much, although varying amounts from £100k to £500k are mentioned.Every other player in the squad were Free's with the exception of Fleck, who we paid a "Compensation payment" to Rangers for.
Now!....for the real point of my post!.......If you don't think you're far enough up SISU's arse, feel free to borrow my 3ft crowbar.:wave:

Danceswithhorses

The last player to be "Bought" was McDonald nearly 3 years ago and because figures are "Undisclosed" nobody knows how much, although varying amounts from £100k to £500k are mentioned.Every other player in the squad were Free's with the exception of Fleck, who we paid a "Compensation payment" to Rangers for.
Now!....for the real point of my post!.......If you don't think you're far enough up SISU's arse, feel free to borrow my 3ft crowbar.:wave:
I think Fleck was free too, but did we give them a sell on clause to sweeten the deal ?

torchomatic

So you're brining this old chestnut up again, then? As we all know - even you - the vast majority - well over 90% of transfers at ALL clubs are undisclosed.

And there's your obsession with fees. Clarke was free. Crap? Blair Adams was free. Crap? And what about wages? Does that not count? Are they just signed for free and not paid anything?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
didnt we pay £100k for Barton?

stupot07

To be fair...he has scored 14 league goals which is more than our back up strikers put together.

Elliot 4, cody 4, Wilson 1, ball 0, philliskirk 0

torchomatic

CovLis86

Haha yeah, I'd be pretty happy to take Collins 14 goals on 23 appearances myself, not even starts.

duffer

I take the point, but if the club (or at least the playing part of it) is in administration, and the owners have managed to place us under a transfer embargo for the last three seasons*, then I don't think we can really claim to be the 'best funded' team in the division.

If we are then we're in the unique position of being simultaneously the best-funded and the worst-run team in the division. ;)

* iirc it's three seasons- as ever I stand to be corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread