Loan Target (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grendel

they must be spending that £30m budget that Grendal says they have

They were relegated when parachute payments were increased to £60 million.

Grendel

Evidence?

They have £17 million parachute payments they have sold £8 million worth of players. Players on long contracts are excluded from the calculation. They have the biggest budget the league has seen and will walk the league.

ccfcway

They have £17 million parachute payments they have sold £8 million worth of players. Players on long contracts are excluded from the calculation. They have the biggest budget the league has seen and will walk the league.

so just the biggest budget and not the £30 million you quoted ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its not completely without foundation though, the Wigan chairman claimed he would have 5 times the budget of anyone else in the league. In reality I'm guessing it will be about 15 million.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wigan to walk this league. :D

We'll see, they probably should with their budget, but they've got an inexperienced manger and don't have the support of Wolves. Add to that players on 20-30k a week playing at small stadiums on shit pitches, I doubt they'll be up for that.

ccfcway

Its not completely without foundation though, the Wigan chairman claimed he would have 5 times the budget of anyone else in the league. In reality I'm guessing it will be about 15 million.

don't doubt at all they have a big budget.

Having said that, we had the 8th biggest last year. How did we get on ?

Grendel

Given the facts I have just quoted it will be in that area. I think what you are confusing is what they will elect to spend. However, the calculation has to be well in excess of £20 million and that excludes any future player sales,

Parachute payments alone are 8 times the average budget in the league.

ccfc92

Given the facts I have just quoted it will be in that area. I think what you are confusing is what they will elect to spend. However, the calculation has to be well in excess of £20 million and that excludes any future player sales,

Sources for these facts please!

ccfcway

Given the facts I have just quoted it will be in that area. I think what you are confusing is what they will elect to spend. .

both me and their CEO then....

"There’s different rules in League One, which apply to salary costs. There is a cap on salaries, and we must ensure we adhere to that if the worst does happen."

chiefdave

I agree, but I believe it's to help with wage cuts IIRC.

Think they should stop. All you have to do is make sure everyone's contract is tiered so they get different pay in different divisions and they're no longer needed.

They're getting bigger and bigger, just makes things uncompetitive.

ccfcway

I agree, but I believe it's to help with wage cuts IIRC.

there should be a rule in place which only covers a % wages of players registered in the Jan when they were a Prem club up to a certain amount.

In reality, parachute payments are used to buy more players to try and get back to them prem. RThe system isn't right.

Grendel

both me and their CEO then....

"There’s different rules in League One, which apply to salary costs. There is a cap on salaries, and we must ensure we adhere to that if the worst does happen."

The cap is not on salaries but I'm actual spend. Their is dispensation which allows clubs to exclude players wages on long contracts from the calculation.

ccfc92

You said they have a budget of £30 million.

You didn't clarify spending this or a % of this.

Grendel

You said they have a budget of £30 million.

You didn't clarify spending this or a % of this.

All clubs will surely submit the maximum budget they can regardless of if they have any intention of spending it.

I can't even be bothered to check when they got relegated but i am pretty sure it was at a time which gave them the £60 million payments over 4 years. Also they've an exclusion on contracts and have revenue from players sales worth almost £10 million. That's without revenue from gates sponsorship corporate etc.

ccfc92

All clubs will surely submit the maximum budget they can regardless of if they have any intention of spending it.

I can't even be bothered to check when they got relegated but i am pretty sure it was at a time which gave them the £60 million payments over 4 years. Also they've an exclusion on contracts and have revenue from players sales worth almost £10 million. That's without revenue from gates sponsorship corporate etc.

What do you think will happen if they fail to get promoted this season?

Grendel

What do you think will happen if they fail to get promoted this season?

They still have another year of parachute payments don't they?

I don't know the exact budget but it's a lot more than£10 million. Last year they actually raised £13 million for selling two players.

They will just restructure if they fail. Can't see it - they've signed someone for £1 million already haven't they?

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't know the exact budget but it's a lot more than£10 million. Last year they actually raised £13 million for selling two players.

They will just restructure if they fail. Can't see it - they've signed someone for £1 million already haven't they?
Yes Will Grigg from Brentford who scored a lot of goals for MK Dons last year

Grendel

Grendel

about the closest you have ever been to admitting you got something wrong

I don't think I am - you said a lot less than £10 million didn't you?

ccfc92

What do you mean by this?

Grendel

no I didn't.

Ah I see what you said now. You quoted knowledge of the budget in the championship - out of interest do you have a link (i am surprised ccfc92 hasn't asked as he's a stickler for financial accuracy) given that clubs are measured on FFP in the championship and don't submit wage budgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread