Loan Target (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Latchford

Grendel

which was a lot less than your £30 million quoted League One budget

Apology accepted

Nope I see nothing to suggest it isn't for the reasons I give. Why did you conclude it was £20 million last year? What is your rationale?

ccfcway

Nope I see nothing to suggest it isn't for the reasons I give. Why did you conclude it was £20 million last year? What is your rationale?

I see nothing to suggest their budget is your quoted £30 million this season.

ccfc92

With your ability to keep going and going in an argument, you should think about releasing some kind of energy bar. Anyone for a piece of Grendal Mint Cake?

It'd make a poor sales promotion:

Keep going, and going, until you encounter a challenge, then give up and use petty replies, and slink away to another argument.

Then repeat.

Grendel

Not really.

You are saying that because they have however much money, they'll walk the league, to quote yourself.

They will walk the league.

Grendel

It'd make a poor sales promotion:

Keep going, and going, until you encounter a challenge, then give up and use petty replies, and slink away to another argument.

Then repeat.

Encountering a challenge from you is like you playing the role of Adam Barton and me Graham Souness in his prime. Please don't flatter yourself.

Grendel

Ok let's do it stage by stage. What transfer revenues do they have towards the salary cap?

skybluegod

Tbf he won't be too far off, maybe not £30 million, but it will be above £20 million...

still have: Holt, Boyce, perch, pennant, huws, McCann on huge wages

as well as bringing in grigg, Davies, and Everton loanees

thats a big wage budget on top of the other players with most still on championship wages...

That budget will include up to Almost £10 million in sales tho.

ccfc92

Encountering a challenge from you is like you playing the role of Adam Barton and me Graham Souness in his prime. Please don't flatter yourself.

Strange. When you said about your footballing knowledge the other day, I imagined Andy Thorn. Can't think why....

Grendel

Grendel

Tbf the last team to come down with parachute payments walked the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Less payments as well. Still if we lose the first game I await the experts proclaiming we've sunk so low we can't even beat Wigan.

lifeskyblue

And if they don't? Will you eat your hat? Or naked over the Ricoh pitch? Or admit football is more fickle and unpredictable? Of course if they do win by 8-10 points we will expect you to boast about your predictive skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

And if they don't? Will you eat your hat? Or naked over the Ricoh pitch? Or admit football is more fickle and unpredictable? Of course if they do win by 8-10 points we will expect you to boast about your predictive skills

They will so this is irrelevant. I suppose it could be 7 points - whatever they will win the league.

ccfc92

Also, 8-10 points is hardly walking the league. Bristol city won by 8 points. Wolves by 9.

If Wigan have the war chest Grendel is talking about, they should surely clear more than 8-10 points? Going by his money = automatic success theory?

Grendel

Also, 8-10 points is hardly walking the league. Bristol city won by 8 points. Wolves by 9.

If Wigan have the war chest Grendel is talking about, they should surely clear more than 8-10 points? Going by his money = automatic success theory?

Oh dear. Wolves also had the same advantage. The statistical analysis suggests financial superiority of that magnitude means that sort of points gap. I can't think of many teams that have won leagues by more than that. Have there been any? Fulham in the championship with Al Fayed? Anymore?

lifeskyblue

Football has a habit of not following the script. Wigan had a warchest last year and managed somehow to get relegated not promoted. Yes before a ball is kicked they may be favourites but really not certainties.

ccfc92

Oh dear. Wolves also had the same advantage. The statistical analysis suggests financial superiority of that magnitude means that sort of points gap. I can't think of many teams that have won leagues by more than that. Have there been any? Fulham in the championship with Al Fayed? Anymore?

You said that Wigans budget will be considerably more than the league has ever seen though? So surely they should increase the record of points in a season?

ccfcway

See Cody McDonald is 3rd Fav for golden boot, and Leon Clarke is 5th

Grigg, Williams and Henderson make up the others in the top 5

Grendel

This is boring. So if Wigan win the league (which they will) will ccfc92 and ccfcway pay a charity of my choice a sum of money? If they don't I will pay their chosen charity the same sum.

Put your money where your mouth is guys.

ccfc92

This is boring. So if Wigan win the league (which they will) will ccfc92 and ccfcway pay a charity of my choice a sum of money? If they don't I will pay their chosen charity the same sum.

Put your money where your mouth is guys.

Who's saying they won't win the league?

Didn't you do this a few months ago? With another poster? Then you started changing the conditions?

Grendel

Who's saying they won't win the league?

Didn't you do this a few months ago? With another poster? Then you started changing the conditions?

You are questioning they have the biggest budget not me.

No conditions. They win the league you pay they don't I pay. How much?

ccfc92

You are questioning they have the biggest budget not me.

No conditions. They win the league you pay they don't I pay. How much?

I never said they didn't have the biggest budget. I was questioning your calculations/sources.

I never said they wouldn't win the league. I simply said money doesn't equal automatic success.

Grendel

I never said they didn't have the biggest budget. I was questioning your calculations/sources.

I never said they wouldn't win the league. I simply said money doesn't equal automatic success.

Slither slither backtrack backtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread