Locals boosting the crowd. (2 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

You only need to look on the Northampton Town forum to see that some of the locals are boosting the crowd.

To try and suggest their not is just moronic.

ollyservetta

ther has always been locals going to games ,It is the same everywer ,lads working away from home taking in the local game, people on holliday ,fans of football will watch football who ever is playing .it is just highlighting due to the mess at ccfc and low crowds ,

RoboCCFC90

A friend of mine took his family there today so new City fans are making the trip, it would be hard to judge whether residents of Northampton are watching the City, but the home attendance figures were pretty similar today to the last Sunday game at Sixfields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
You only need to look on the Northampton Town forum to see that some of the locals are boosting the crowd.

To try and suggest their not is just moronic.

Who cares, honestly?

All some fans asked yesterday was how many fans and how loud was the singing, nothing at.all about the match

Neutral Fan

Virtually zero interest in CCFC here in the Northampton area. Chronicle & Echo literally never mentions a word about your matches.

You have to understand the town. The Saints get 15,000 a week and are expanding their stadium. The Cobblers get 5k. Highly unlikely many locals will watch Coventry v Shrewsbury when they don't watch their own team.

Grendel

Who cares, honestly?

All some fans asked yesterday was how many fans and how loud was the singing, nothing at.all about the match

According to don at 700 fans there were local.

That of course means this nonsense that the league would act if crowds were zero is a smokescreen as with away fans crowds will always be over 1,000.

Grendel

Virtually zero interest in CCFC here in the Northampton area. Chronicle & Echo literally never mentions a word about your matches.

You have to understand the town. The Saints get 15,000 a week and are expanding their stadium. The Cobblers get 5k. Highly unlikely many locals will watch Coventry v Shrewsbury when they don't watch their own team.

One poster here claims at least 700 went yesterday.

bigfatronssba

skybluetony176

Joe Coal did come to Coventry and audaciously flicked the ball over his own head and I think a Cov youth left midfielder in one go and collected it the other side as they spanked us in the Youth Cup.

I could believe Joe Cole came to watch when Sheffers was here, they're good mates and this goes all the way back from the England youth set up. I don't believe he was ever going to sign for us though.

DazzleTommyDazzle

To put it all in context, I went to see Telford play Bradford Park Avenue in the Conference North on Saturday.

The crowd was just over 1,800 with about 20 Bradford fans.

So, if we assume that there were no free tickets and no "interested locals" at Sixfields, Telford's home support was 2 or 3 hundred greater than ours.

You have to say that SISU really are doing a very special job in running our club.

By the way, Telford won 2-1. Pretty decent match.

Neutral Fan

Are you claiming zero Northampton fans attend?

I'm just saying hardly any locals go. Certainly not 700. Barely 4, 000 go to watch their own team! No disrespect but Cov v Shrewsbury isn't really a crowd-puller, and in a rugby town too.

Maybe a few Cov fans live in Northampton? But the general position in the town about the Cov situation is a mixture of slight sympathy and general disinterest.

Hobo

Whether locals are going or not (and there will always be a few) with attendances hovering around 2000 it is hardly making a difference either way.

ccfctommy

According to our very own KM northampton locals are boosting the sixfields crowd considerably.

Anyone care to call our kev a liar?

The last time I went was the Tranmere game. I did see quite a few people wearing Northampton Town coats etc.

lewys33

I'm just saying hardly any locals go. Certainly not 700. Barely 4, 000 go to watch their own team! No disrespect but Cov v Shrewsbury isn't really a crowd-puller, and in a rugby town too.

Maybe a few Cov fans live in Northampton? But the general position in the town about the Cov situation is a mixture of slight sympathy and general disinterest.

You are interesed in our forum though?

lewys33

No it isn't. Most in the ground are kitted out in Coventry scarves, shirts etc. and the car parks are pretty full. I didn't see any evidence of that and I came across a fair few fans that used to go to the Ricoh.

So you have started going to sixfields? Thought you said you were boycotting?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Whether locals are going or not (and there will always be a few) with attendances hovering around 2000 it is hardly making a difference either way.

Yes. Which makes Fisher 50% out on his lowest worst case scenario prediction, or 250% out on his best case claims. Surely that's career limiting incompetence of projection?

I'd offer my resignation if I were anything more than 20% out on income projections, as my position would be untenable. What makes Fisher different?

Astute

A friend of mine took his family there today so new City fans are making the trip, it would be hard to judge whether residents of Northampton are watching the City, but the home attendance figures were pretty similar today to the last Sunday game at Sixfields.

I think the main point is being missed.

We are getting new visitors going all the time. Even Grendul went yesterday. We will always get neutrals turn up. Yet we have lost hundreds from earlier in the season. And this is from a number of which were record lows or very close to. How many of the original Northampton goers have already given up on going to Northampton? Will any of these be back next season?

Such sad times for my once proud club.

dongonzalos

According to don at 700 fans there were local.

That of course means this nonsense that the league would act if crowds were zero is a smokescreen as with away fans crowds will always be over 1,000.

700 paying Cov fans Grendel but don't let the truth get in the way if a good story.

mark82

So you have started going to sixfields? Thought you said you were boycotting?

There was virtually a whole thread on that yesterday. No need to do it all again. 1 fan went to 1 game isn't really news. People on here have an unhealthy obsession with Grendel.

dongonzalos

Don't worry my friend no one in here claimed 700 locals went. Just remember when Grendel says something have a little read of what was actually said yourself. He prone to a little thing called changing what someone said to completely something else syndrome.

Grendel

Don't worry my friend no one in here claimed 700 locals went. Just remember when Grendel says something have a little read of what was actually said yourself. He prone to a little thing called changing what someone said to completely something else syndrome.

You said 500 season tickets and between 100 and 200 paying customers - ok don on this thread provide concrete evidence this is the case or admit you made it up.

Astute

Yes. Which makes Fisher 50% out on his lowest worst case scenario prediction, or 250% out on his best case claims. Surely that's career limiting incompetence of projection?

I'd offer my resignation if I were anything more than 20% out on income projections, as my position would be untenable. What makes Fisher different?

Exactly the same reason that SISU are still with us. If somehow SISU get their hands on the Ricoh they will make a massive amount of money. And we all know our club won't benefit in the slightest although some try to make out they think differently. It looks like Timothy has shares in the project of SISU decimating our club. And there don't seem to be anything like protests in Northampton to make his position very difficult.

italiahorse

I didn't see any evidence of that and I came across a fair few fans that used to go to the Ricoh.

Didn't all fans used to go to the Ricoh ?
If you only came across a fair few then the others must be from somewhere else, maybe Northampton?

If I was you I'd change your user name and start again. You are embarrassing yourself and I'm starting to feel sorry for you :thinking about:

Grendel

There was virtually a whole thread on that yesterday. No need to do it all again. 1 fan went to 1 game isn't really news. People on here have an unhealthy obsession with Grendel.

And my admission in going was only related to the original thread topic. The reaction was hysterical but entirely predictable.

dongonzalos

You said 500 season tickets and between 100 and 200 paying customers - ok don on this thread provide concrete evidence this is the case or admit you made it up.

Yes 500 + 200 700 (Cov fans)

Please show where I said 700 Nothampton fans

Otherwise pleas admit you made up that I said that

shmmeee

But nothing you've said contradicts him.

The home gate was 1600 or so. You said you saw a lot of CCFC scarves and shirts. Well in a crowd of 1600 even with 500 locals would mean the vast majority of those you saw would be Cov fans.

That's like saying "cancer doesn't exist because no-one in my office has it". Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Grendel

Didn't all fans used to go to the Ricoh ?
If you only came across a fair few then the others must be from somewhere else, maybe Northampton?

If I was you I'd change your user name and start again. You are embarrassing yourself and I'm starting to feel sorry for you :thinking about:

Says the poster who has lost interest every day but posts every day....when you giving up now?

Grendel

But nothing you've said contradicts him.

The home gate was 1600 or so. You said you saw a lot of CCFC scarves and shirts. Well in a crowd of 1600 even with 500 locals would mean the vast majority of those you saw would be Cov fans.

That's like saying "cancer doesn't exist because no-one in my office has it". Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

If Northampton played accrington and the Ricoh the day after a Coventry game there would you go and watch?

It is of course possible 500 were there but as that's over 10% of their fanbase highly unlikely. Its possible a plane load of Barcelona fans flew in to watch the game as they longed to see the sky blues - I have no evidence to prove otherwise but again equally unlikely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread