Locals boosting the crowd. (1 Viewer)

lewys33

There was virtually a whole thread on that yesterday. No need to do it all again. 1 fan went to 1 game isn't really news. People on here have an unhealthy obsession with Grendel.

I wasn't on the forum yesterday so how would I know?

So I am not allowed to ask why he has started going when he said he was boycotting?

But it is ok to be slagged off when you choose to go to away cup games because of your "hardcore NOPM stance"?
I wasn't aggresive was I?

Astute

And my admission in going was only related to the original thread topic. The reaction was hysterical but entirely predictable.

Not hysterical. Yes predictable.

You have spent the whole season saying you didn't back SISU although you never posted anything against them as you were boycotting like the vast majority of us. Now if anyone else here that shows their dislike of SISU had spent all season saying something and then were shown to do the total opposite would you have said anything?

Hobo

No it isn't. Most in the ground are kitted out in Coventry scarves, shirts etc. and the car parks are pretty full. I didn't see any evidence of that and I came across a fair few fans that used to go to the Ricoh.

Most kitted out in Cov scarfs.....hardly surprising?
Came across a fair few that used to go to the Ricoh.....that surprises me I thought the vast majority would have gone to the Ricoh. Unless you are suggesting some of these people with Coventry scarfs are brand new supporters?

Grendel

Yes 500 + 200 700 (Cov fans)

Please show where I said 700 Nothampton fans

Otherwise pleas admit you made up that I said that

We you said 700 Coventry fans - free tickets not attending do not count so they therefore must be Northampton fans unless you are now claiming they are coming from further afield.

With respect you made the claim of 100 and 200 paying fans. I think that's a lie so make the case for once with concrete evidence.

Grendel

Most kitted out in Cov scarfs.....hardly surprising?
Came across a fair few that used to go to the Ricoh.....that surprises me I thought the vast majority would have gone to the Ricoh. Unless you are suggesting some of these people with Coventry scarfs are brand new supporters?

My "fair few that went to the Ricoh" statement was a reference to someone who claimed these supporters are mostly from Northampton.

Best way to test whether they are locals or not is to hang around catering and see if anyone asks for a sausage roll or sausage batch.

dongonzalos

We you said 700 Coventry fans - free tickets not attending do not count so they therefore must be Northampton fans unless you are now claiming they are coming from further afield.

With respect you made the claim of 100 and 200 paying fans. I think that's a lie so make the case for once with concrete evidence.

I take it you can't find anywhere where I say '700 Nothampton fans watch CCFC'
I am happy you made that up apology accepted

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I wonder how many actual Cov fans are there.

Between away fans, locals. The free tickets that count in the attendance but may not actually be used.

I think 500 season tickets were sold.

Would if be fair to say maybe another 100-200 non season ticket holders?

Here is my quote. The one where I say 700 Nothampton fans watch Cov.

Wait a minute, I don't say that....

torchomatic

How come Kev Monks isn't being chastised for going to Sixfields? The old "one rule for one" thing, I presume.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I can see some great irony in someone who supports SISU's every policy to try and move to the higher moral ground of sanctity of truth.

I remember the days when the ticket office would publicise season ticket sales performance. Why has that stopped? Is it because your mates haven't got the balls to admit how many paying punters they've actually got? If they did so, they'd be no reason for Dong to guess, would there? Don't criticise the effect without being equally damning of the cause; as that cause is absence of data.

If SISU had managed the 7K crowds Fisher spoke of at the forums, the season ticket sales figures would be declared on a flag flying proudly from the lift shaft adjacent to the location some without morals now call 'home'. But they're not. Wonder why?

torchomatic

I'm not criticising as I go myself. Just wondered why he had "got away with it" so every other fan who attends from 4 to 84 doesn't.

And he is officially fan of the year, fair play to him.

Nick

Administrator
It is just sad that people are more bothered about attendance and how many songs are sung before the actual result.

torchomatic

Really?! Yet he went himself yesterday or am I getting this mixed up? Did he actually go IN yesterday or not or did he work out from standing on the hill that loads of locals go into Sixfields?

The way talks about fellow fans and he's FAN OF THE YEAR?! Fuck me.

He goes under the pseudonym Spionkop on here.

torchomatic

Yep, all that matters are being outsung, the attendance and how that attendance is made up. Very sad indeed. It wasn't too long ago on here when people were criticised for NOT going.

It is just sad that people are more bothered about attendance and how many songs are sung before the actual result.

dongonzalos

500 ST holders
200 non ST holders
200 away fans
700 Northampton folk
= 1600 attendance
But who the fuck cares :)

Free tickets that do not get used but count to the attendance?

I asked a question as you can see per my post.

I think it is interesting to get an idea how many actual paying Civ fans attend.

At the moment people will take the away fans number off and assume it is what remaining and be shocked.

Now it seems there are free tickets that people don't use and it seems locals are attending.

So I wonder how many Cov fans are actually going.

I would love to know unfortunately we never will. Then I asked the question 100-200 on top of the season ticket holders maybe?

At no point did I say 700 Northampton fans are going.

Unfortunately Grendel has a habit of completely making up what someone else said. Then you get the poor bloke from Northampton discussing with him some fictitious debate.

One day he will stick to the facts.

italiahorse

How come Kev Monks isn't being chastised for going to Sixfields? The old "one rule for one" thing, I presume.

Who is being chastised ? You?
Most people are giving their opinion that Sixfields attendees are prolonging the process.
One or two are calling them scabs but we know who they are and we can ignore their comments.

A few individuals have been verbal on attending Sixfields and similarly chastising those that don't go by saying how good the football is :thinking about:
Similarly we know who they are so we can ignore them or bait them if preferred :)

lewys33

To be fair I was a little dissapointed when I heard Kev does go, but like most I have come to terms with people going now. Emotions were high at the start of he season and most have relaxed their stance on everything a little bit.

To be fair I thought it was commonplace for home fans to be outsung by away fans?

The attendance thing is a valid argument though. Whether you want to gloss it over by saying it is locals and free tickets or not, 1900 for a weekend home game is pitiful.

WestEndAgro

How you feeling this morning Grendull , lower than a snakes belly I would imagine, anyway you join the lemmings like Nick, torch and RFC supporting the boys.

lewys33

How you feeling this morning Grendull , lower than a snakes belly I would imagine, anyway you join the lemmings like Nick, torch and RFC supporting the boys.

Come on, they may be "scabs" but putting them in the same group as RFC??

REPORTED ;)

torchomatic

I don't have any issue with him or anyone else going or not, it's none of my business. However, I do have exception to the attitude he's shown on here to fans who have attended. Fan of the Year? There's never been a less deserved title.

To be fair I was a little dissapointed when I heard Kev does go, but like most I have come to terms with people going now. Emotions were high at the start of he season and most have relaxed their stance on everything a little bit.

Grendel

Here is my quote. The one where I say 700 Nothampton fans watch Cov.

Wait a minute, I don't say that....

You did say only 100 - 200 paying customers I ask for the third time please provide evidence.

lewys33

I don't have any issue with him or anyone else going or not, it's none of my business. However, I do have exception to the attitude he's shown on here to fans who have attended. Fan of the Year? There's never been a less deserved title.

I dont quite know what has been said to be honest, you might have to enlighten me on that one.

WestEndAgro

And by the way Nicks support of the "other" attendees is bordering on insanity, we ALL KNOW it's wrong attending and you still try and justify it.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I fairness Nick, they should be bothered. FFP means that squad expenditure is linked to turnover. So, if you've got the lowest gates in the league...

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.3/english-league-one?cc=5739

.... you've probably got to resign yourself that subsequent squad expenditure will be the lowest in the league; leaving us wide open to subsequent relegation. And let me emphasise - to the fourth tier of English football.

If you want to talk 'sad', I personally think it's more 'sad' that folk are prepared to gloss over this, and just go along blindly offer limp excuse that they're simply 'supporting the lads'

Users who are viewing this thread