Mcginnity passed away (1 Viewer)

zuni

Keys tweeted Mcginnity passed away
[MENTION=461]Rich[/MENTION]ardajkeys: Thinking about everybody in the McGinnity family - Madame Chairman, Nigel and Julian. Mr Chairman will be missed #ripmike.

Last edited:

Anthony_Kav

No way! I remember a time I was on holiday in Majorca with the family, I must of been 5-7 years old at the time and we saw him and he brought me ice cream. I was in my glory. What a top bloke. RIP.

eastwoodsdustman

I for one won't attend the minutes silence on Tuesday. Sorry to sound harsh, but he is one of the three main reasons for our sorry state over the last decade and a half.With everything that went on that he was party to I wont be shedding any tears today.

Otis

Didn't know he was still alive!

How old was he? He seemed to be 70 something when he was here.

RIP anyway. Always sad to see anyone pass away.

Will we have a black armband and minute's silence for him I wonder. I guess we will, but it could be a bit contentious, cos he was very much at odds with the fans wasn't he.

I would certainly gladly give a minute's silence for him, but would not give him a minute's applause. Certain it would be the former anyway.

Bugsy

Rip Mike.
We are human at the end of the day thoughts are wiv family and friends..

On a side note was he the chairman who wanted to change the club crest to that appalling shitty elephant with ccfc at the top.....PUSB

Otis

Rip Mike.

On a side note was he the chairman who wanted to change the club crest to that appalling shitty elephant with ccfc at the top.....PUSB
He was. :(

skyblue1991

I for one won't attend the minutes silence on Tuesday. Sorry to sound harsh, but he is one of the three main reasons for our sorry state over the last decade and a half.With everything that went on that he was party to I wont be shedding any tears today.
Bit harsh, more to life than football.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

westofrayne

Didn't know he was still alive!

How old was he? He seemed to be 70 something when he was here.

RIP anyway. Always sad to see anyone pass away.

Will we have a black armband and minute's silence for him I wonder. I guess we will, but it could be a bit contentious, cos he was very much at odds with the fans wasn't he.

I would certainly gladly give a minute's silence for him, but would not give him a minute's applause. Certain it would be the former anyway.

RIP MM.

Agree, doesn't matter who it is we should show some respect with a minutes silence, applause? sorry no, he and BR cause this club so many issues.

hill83

Ha ha, you bellend.

Just don't take part. No need to tell everyone.

Last edited:

mechaishida

He was one of our own, despite the underlying feeling of rancour regarding his tenure at our club.

Didn't he have a bad stroke a few years back? Either way, thoughts are with the family, RIP Mr McGinnity.

torchomatic

He wasn't a mass murderer, he was chairman of a football club.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

andrew.roberts

Met him in Mallorca. He used to drink in a bar that I supplied beer to and when he found out that I followed city he was genuinely thrilled and told me that whenever I was back in Coventry to call him beforehand and he would arrange complimentary tickets, he even gave me a business card with his home phone number.
I called him once for tickets to the famous boxing day 3 v 2 victory against Arsenal and again later that season for the Man U. game as it was my son's tenth birthday. We lost the match but he'd kindly given us access to one of the club lounges after the match where we saw all the players. Not only that, we had permission to watch the training on the Monday at Ryton where he actually met his heroes and had his photo taken with nearly all of them. Hadji and Chippo both spoke Spanish and seemed to have all the time in the world for him making it an unforgettable experience.
So in my personal experience he was a truly top bloke and because of his kindness my son is "City hasta la muerte" .
May he rest in peace.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

RIP, thoughts are obviously with the family. Will leave critique of his time at City for another thread.

SkyBlueRuffian

Rip Mike.

Ooh crime of the century

So come on, what did he do that was so bad for the club?

Otis

Ooh crime of the century

As someone has already said, think that is best left to another thread. The bloke has just died, do we really want a 30 page debate on here as to how bad a chairman he was?

Let's not rip into him on here, eh and let people pay their respects.

The title of the thread is 'Mike McGinnity passed away' so it would be nice if we can sort of stay within the realms of that.

mechaishida

As someone has already said, think that is best left to another thread. The bloke has just died, do we really want a 30 page debate on here as to how bad a chairman he was?

Let's not rip into him on here, eh and let people pay their respects.

Did MM have a bad stroke a few years back, mate? No puns or sarcasm please, or I may have to pull your moustache off.

bawtryneal

He was the driving force behind the Ricoh move and getting it completed on time.

I met met him a couple of times and he always seemed a decent chap. Although he was a West Brom fan he always had CCFCs best interests at heart.

RIP Mike and best wishes to your family at this sad time.

Londonccfcfan

Really sad news. I thought he always came across as a down to earth genuine guy. He took over at troubled times I believe.

In any case if anyone doesn't have anything nice to say. Just stay quiet, have some respect and stay quiet.

RIP MM

Otis

Really sad news. I thought he always came across as a down to earth genuine guy. He took over at troubled times I believe.

In any case if anyone doesn't have anything nice to say. Just stay quiet, have some respect and stay quiet.

RIP MM
Or leave it for another thread, but then I would say today is not the day for that and people should be able to grieve first and leave things for at least a few days before completely dissecting the bloke.

I have my own thoughts but will keep them to myself for now.

SkyBlueRuffian

half the crowd won't even know who he was, but I would applaud anyone who tried to do their best for my club. No minute silences before a crucial game, we need the atmosphere to be electric.

Bugsy

Ooh crime of the century

On considering u hav singled my post out..

What the fuck are u on About u goon

I never said he cause a crime or anything, all I was asking was if he was the chairman that tryed to change the crest of the club. Im paying my respects I never once criticized him in anyway.

Stick ur silly little comments u little bitch...... PUSB

Hadji10

It's football you fucking goon, show some respect.

letsallsingtogether

RIP MM
At the End of the day he did what he thought was good/right for the club..........
Didn't make the mistakes he made on purpose.

LastGarrison

half the crowd won't even know who he was, but I would applaud anyone who tried to do their best for my club. No minute silences before a crucial game, we need the atmosphere to be electric.

This may sound a little wrong due to the reasons we have a minutes silence but usually the cheer of the crowd and the atmosphere immediately after the ref blows his whistle to end the minutes silence is electric!!!

Obviously, I am no way saying that we should just have a minutes silence for this reason, however, if it comes down to the last game of the season and we need a win and Tim Fisher wants to (literally) take one for the team then who am I to argue.......

nmp2327

Appalling stance, remember he always tried his best for us, and every is allowed to make errors. I firmly believed he was a good man trying his best for us. RIP MM

Users who are viewing this thread