Moving House (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

Got to ask, why only for a couple of years?
We'll go on a Trade Visa which allows an initial stay of 2 years, extendable depending on the level of trade generated.
In reality we'd split each year 8mths US/ 4mths UK.

Langers70

DC Law not sure how big they are but theyre linked to Purplebricks.Ive got to phone them tomorrow as someones in that has access to the money side.I opened a text msg link yesterday that took me to my DC Law account,theres a possibility that text msg was sent by somebody thats cloned my solicitor somehow.Although the police said the payment may have bounced back to the solicitor if somebody went for it.I dont know Otis,but i know i broke down in tears in Tesco this afternoon as i feel ive let my parents and my family down and its breaking me :cry::cry::cry:

chiefdave

Another update ive had to speak to the fraud squad,my money may have been intercepted between the solicitors and my bank account.I'll know more tomorrow.:mad::mad::mad:
wtf? How is that even possible, I can’t even send a fiver to someone with the bank flagging up a fraud alert if the details of the account receiving the money don’t exactly match who I’ve said I’m paying.

Surely with amount we’re talking about and the fraud & money laundering checks conveyancers are supposed to do there’s things in place to stop this.

Langers70

wtf? How is that even possible, I can’t even send a fiver to someone with the bank flagging up a fraud alert if the details of the account receiving the money don’t exactly match who I’ve said I’m paying.

Surely with amount we’re talking about and the fraud & money laundering checks conveyancers are supposed to do there’s things in place to stop this.
Im just hoping they messed up my transfer and the funds bounced back to them.If not its a police matter.

NorthernWisdom

DC Law not sure how big they are but theyre linked to Purplebricks.Ive got to phone them tomorrow as someones in that has access to the money side.I opened a text msg link yesterday that took me to my DC Law account,theres a possibility that text msg was sent by somebody thats cloned my solicitor somehow.Although the police said the payment may have bounced back to the solicitor if somebody went for it.I dont know Otis,but i know i broke down in tears in Tesco this afternoon as i feel ive let my parents and my family down and its breaking me :cry::cry::cry:
Definitely haven't let anyone down, that much I do know.

I hope it gets sorted for you mind, not nice at all, and not fair.

chiefdave

Im just hoping they messed up my transfer and the funds bounced back to them.If not its a police matter.
Must be incredibly worrying but I’m sure it will be sorted. There has to be all sorts of protection in place for this kind of thing. I’ve read some places, that have enough paper records, are trying to complete things manually. Could just be human error.

Langers70

Must be incredibly worrying but I’m sure it will be sorted. There has to be all sorts of protection in place for this kind of thing. I’ve read some places, that have enough paper records, are trying to complete things manually. Could just be human error.
Im worried sick to be honest.I keep shaking.My Mrs and kids are trying their best.But im shot to bits.

Otis

Yes, fair point. We know for a fact that a number of solicitors have been working on manual overrides

wingy

A getting a photo proving who you are, ducking big brother.🤫

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Another update ive had to speak to the fraud squad,my money may have been intercepted between the solicitors and my bank account.I'll know more tomorrow.:mad::mad::mad:
Obvs I don't know the details, but are you sure it's not just a phishing attempt?

Langers70

Got to ask how it's going!
Nobody answering the phone today.Ill have one last check in the morning,and if its not in ill have to phone them and get the ball rolling.Trying to blag a week off work by using next years entitlement im in no fit state to do my job as im still shook up.My managers a decent bloke so i think he will agree to it.

Langers70

Obvs I don't know the details, but are you sure it's not just a phishing attempt?
It could be.But if its not in the Coventry in the morning and hasnt bounced back to the solicitors.Somebodys managed to intercept it.Which will look bad on the solicitors,as you would think theyd have the best security possible when they do transactions, when i guess they handle millions a year.

NorthernWisdom

It could be.But if its not in the Coventry in the morning and hasnt bounced back to the solicitors.Somebodys managed to intercept it.Which will look bad on the solicitors,as you would think theyd have the best security possible when they do transactions, when i guess they handle millions a year.
The one consoling thing I can say is when I bought my first house, the part of my cash balance from the CbS took a day longer to arrive at the solicitor's than the part from lloyds. So, with the weekend it's just possible that they're slow.

Hoping for a happy ending!

Langers70

The one consoling thing I can say is when I bought my first house, the part of my cash balance from the CbS took a day longer to arrive at the solicitor's than the part from lloyds. So, with the weekend it's just possible that they're slow.

Hoping for a happy ending!
To be fair thats what the police said.The Coventry told me to inform the police anyway,as its better to be proactive incase something bads happened.

shmmeee

Have you rung your bank and asked them to check the waiting payments? When I worked at Cahoot I could literally go over to the persons desk and check their inbox. YMMV

Langers70

Update of fantastic news.Ive got the money my imbecile of a conveyencer used a wrong sort code and sent my payment to the HSBC instead of the CBS.Adam and the manager of the CBS were absolute stars in tracking everything and for absolutely ripping my conveyencer on speaker phone for making such a basic mistake.Big thanks to you guys too for your advice and keeping my spirits up.ONE LOVE 💙

Last edited:

fatso

Update of fantastic news.Ive got the money my imbecile of a conveyencer used a wrong sort code and sent my payment to the HSBC instead of the CBS.Adam and the manager of the CBS were absolute stars in tracking everything and for absolutely ripping my conveyencer on speaker phone for making such a basic mistake.Big thanks to you guys too for your advice and keeping my spirits up.ONE LOVE 💙
Thank God for that mate, I felt for you, that kind of shock can knock years off your life!
Have a stiff drink, and take some time to de-stress!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Great news onwards and upwards mate

chiefdave

That’s brilliant new mate, must be such a relief.

If I was the firm you were using I’d be on the phone to tell you they’ll be handing your move free of charge and hope that’s the last they hear of it.

No way they should be making a mistake like that. It would have flagged that it was HSBC not CBS and there’s clearly no way the name on the account could have matched.

Users who are viewing this thread