Mowbray (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

I don't wish him well I'm afraid. His shocking transfer dealings in the last 2 windows have put us in the current mess. Yes Sisu is an issue, but his inability to sign players with a decent league careeer was unacceptable. He just didn't bring any experience or real men into the club over the summer. He bailed when he knew he couldn't do anything with the kids.

no_loyalty

Blackburn have a pretty strong squad so I fully expect Mowbray to keep them up

fernandopartridge

What have the Venkys done wrong at Blackburn? I think they have delusions of grandeur as a symptom of the post Walker millions hangover. Are they expecting to be bankrolled ad infinitum?

Nick

Administrator
What have the Venkys done wrong at Blackburn? I think they have delusions of grandeur as a symptom of the post Walker millions hangover. Are they expecting to be bankrolled ad infinitum?
rovers-table.jpg

covcity4life

Watch every call for him back when he wins his first game and first few.
Difference being he's inherited a fairly decent squad at Blackburn and has some useful strikers at his disposal.

what a joke you are at times. make a million and one excuses for slade but throw out caveats already because you are scared that he might do well.

More of their games are probably on Sky ;)

i am st holder thank you very much. saw you at game saturday btw. nice barbie bag

blackburnrovers4life

wish him all the best if thats what you mean!. i wish he was still our manager no doubt about it.

steve82

what a joke you are at times. make a million and one excuses for slade but throw out caveats already because you are scared that he might do well.

i am st holder thank you very much. saw you at game saturday btw. nice barbie bag

wish him all the best if thats what you mean!. i wish he was still our manager no doubt about it.

Don't be a cock and open up old wounds. If you read my post and earlier posts I said "he's a championship manager for sure, just failed to get the players at league one ability to play his game. He will get results at Blackburn this season, they've got goal scorers on the books already" and I stayed in my earlier post he will do well!
I'm not slating him, league one is not his game. Championship is, that suits his game as the players have that ability to play his game.
Jesus chill..... I cannot change the facts of his last 9 months in charge of us, that's history.

Brylowes

The Venkey's will seem like Abromovitch, after dealing with SISU.

I wish him luck, I always thought him a thoroughly decent chap, which he confirmed
When he walked away without a payoff.

Grendel

Maybe in autobiography we will find out what went wrong last season.

If he's already written one just look up went went wrong when it happened before at Middlesborough.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good place to collect air miles when he has to fly to meet the absent owners.

My Burnley supporting friend just rang me chearing as he thinks they will go down for sure now.

Grendel

The Venkey's will seem like Abromovitch, after dealing with SISU.

I wish him luck, I always thought him a thoroughly decent chap, which he confirmed
When he walked away without a payoff.

Unless a clause in his contract existed as with Pressley.

Otis

Don't be a cock and open up old wounds. If you read my post and earlier posts I said "he's a championship manager for sure, just failed to get the players at league one ability to play his game. He will get readily at Blackburn this season, they've got goal scorers on the books already" and I stayed in my earlier post he will do well!
I'm not slating him, league one is not his game. Championship is, that suits his game as the players have that ability to play his game.
Jesus chill..... I cannot change the facts of his last 9 months in charge of us, that's history.
I think one of the problems he had and which he admitted to himself was that he didn't know League One at all well. It was all new to him.

He obviously has experience of the Championship.

I wouldn't say it was a 'love in' as has been mooted, just that he was a thoroughly decent bloke and he did try to play football in the right way.

I hope he is indeed successful.

Can't see the problem with wishing him well.

Grendel

steve82

I think one of the problems he had and which he admitted to himself was that he didn't know League One at all well. It was all new to him.

He obviously has experience of the Championship.

I wouldn't say it was a 'love in' as has been mooted, just that he was a thoroughly decent bloke and he did try to play football in the right way.

I hope he is indeed successful.

Can't see the problem with wishing him well.

Spot on. I enjoyed his time here, I just didn't work in the end.

Grendel

It'll be a different reason Grendel, Gibson has always backed managers in his employ.

Well it could be the same reason - a manager incapable of change and motivation once the going gets tough.

When it gets tough Mowbray just shrugs his shoulders and hopes for better times without a solution.

Brylowes

You just walked into his point there saying it was down to Mowbray ;)
But it was down to Mowbray at Middlesbrough, I'm not sure it was here though.
Hence why I said the reason would be different.:emoji_thinking:

Nick

Administrator
But it was down to Mowbray at Middlesbrough, I'm not sure it was here though.
Hence why I said the reason would be different.:emoji_thinking:

So if he has previous for it then sometimes it's his fault and sometimes it isn't? (even though he admitted recruitment was his fault)

Grendel

So if he has previous for it then sometimes it's his fault and sometimes it isn't? (even though he admitted recruitment was his fault)

Of course it wasn't his fault. Joy tortured him in a cellar until he agreed to sign all the crap players he did during his time here.

blueflint

The same as at every club then isn't it?

How many football managers can actually go out and get every player they want? This isn't FM with the cheats on.

It is almost as if you are miles out of touch of lower league football.

no nick but they set the bar if thats too low you get second rate players our team at the mo
a small investment brings better quality and I'm not talking millions use you head not your
heart you will see I'm right.also not every quality player works out providing a certain
amount of risk.

covcity4life

Don't be a cock and open up old wounds. If you read my post and earlier posts I said "he's a championship manager for sure, just failed to get the players at league one ability to play his game. He will get results at Blackburn this season, they've got goal scorers on the books already" and I stayed in my earlier post he will do well!

why not? you tried to change the facts of slades first 9 games looool

Nick

Administrator
no nick but they set the bar if thats too low you get second rate players our team at the mo
a small investment brings better quality and I'm not talking millions use you head not your
heart you will see I'm right.also not every quality player works out providing a certain
amount of risk.

So what's that got to do with Mowbray going after players above our level that didn't pay off?

Has the small investment brought better quality in Turnbull or Jones? (Those 2 players he paid fees for)

This is the problem with our fans, no real understanding but sit at home and cry NOPM.

Last edited:

steve82

why not? you tried to change the facts of slades first 9 games looool

Yeah I did.... yeah. Because i can change facts and history. Quite magical me.
What facts have I changed? I can give my perspective, seriously I cannot change facts.
Give me a example?

covcity4life

Yeah I did.... yeah. Because i can change facts and history. Quite magical me.
What facts have I changed? I can give my perspective, seriously I cannot change facts.
Give me a example?

its not his fault. the players he got are not who he wanted. its idnividual mistakes, nothing to do with manager, its everyone elses fault but slade!!!!

you have let yourself down here steve. just move on. i have

GOODBYE TONY. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

Brylowes

Of course it wasn't his fault. Joy tortured him in a cellar until he agreed to sign all the crap players he did during his time here.
I'm not saying he didn't have his faults, but one can only imagine what it's like
To manage this club under the stewardship of these owners.

Users who are viewing this thread