Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Grendel

its not his fault. the players he got are not who he wanted. its idnividual mistakes, nothing to do with manager, its everyone elses fault but slade!!!!

you have let yourself down here steve. just move on. i have

GOODBYE TONY. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

I assume mowbrays win stats at 34% include all competitions. According to my reckoning if Slade wins his next two he is already better than your chum.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Most over rated manager we've had in a long time, and as per the Coleman legacy when we were in the Championship, I think we will hear 'how did he not get us promoted with that squad' for many years to come.

The recruitment this year pre-season will be the main factor in why we will get relegated, but whilst he quietly backed out of the room everyone was pointing their fingers at SISU. Taking no payments was good of him? Maybe that's true, but walking away with grace? I don't think so, more the cowards way out in my opinion.

I would like to see him do well, because I think he is a nice bloke. However, his time here can't really be classed as a success whatsoever.

Covstu

I always liked TM although he had to move on in the end. He was a total professional and even walked away without grabbing cash unlike SP. wish him all the best

steve82

its not his fault. the players he got are not who he wanted. its idnividual mistakes, nothing to do with manager, its everyone elses fault but slade!!!!

you have let yourself down here steve. just move on. i have

GOODBYE TONY. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

Is that's really the best you can offer?? Saturday he had 3 of his players in the starting 11. He had 4 of the 11 against Wimbledon, 4 against Oldham, yet you/we are judging him on them results and mistakes. It's still largely a TM match day team of players that's failed this season. I can only offer my perspective, and not change facts as you put.
If I was your manager and you made a mistake as a individual in a team game, is that your fault or my fault as manager.
A managers job is done before 3pm and a 12 minute talk at half time. Anything in between is the player/players collectively assisted by a few managerial decisions from the side.
You look to your captain to assist more on the pitch during the game to reaffirm the game plan.
PS....You are the one that's come on to a TM page and jumped on me when I've said nothing bad about TM, and told me to move on!
That's laughable!!!!
Think you've had a outburst at the wrong person, read other posts.

covcity4life

i wonder what slade says at halftime then! because even when we win 2nd half is worse than 1st

p.s you are the one who came on to a tm thread to lay caveats for him doing well in future. i simply pointed out how when your chum slade does poorly you make excuses for him like you have just now.

let it go. im well aware that the messiah thread has left you embarassed but slades won a league game now. lets be positive and hope he goes on a win streak now. dont try put old managers down because your personal fav has been poor since he joined. its weird.

steve82

i wonder what slade says at halftime then! because even when we win 2nd half is worse than 1st

p.s you are the one who came on to a tm thread to lay caveats for him doing well in future. i simply pointed out how when your chum slade does poorly you make excuses for him like you have just now.

let it go. im well aware that the messiah thread has left you embarassed but slades won a league game now. lets be positive and hope he goes on a win streak now. dont try put old managers down because your personal fav has been poor since he joined. its weird.

Your a joke, tried to reason with you...
The messiah thread has not embarrassed me at all. Sure he's not got out the players what I hoped and results didn't come with the all important points! Not every manager gets the bounce but that's football, and says everything about the squad assembled and the damage MV did.
Yes we got a win Saturday but one swallow don't make a summer, early days but let's hope with the return of Beavon we can build upon it.
But as you call my RS my chum.... he didn't sign bad players in Beavon, clarke and Reilly.... tactically for playing Foley in a holding role..... raving about there performance Saturday wasn't you!!
Shame your chum didn't in the summer. But as you say... let's move on. Again!!!

covcity4life

i dont know why you are throwing reilly at me. i support ccfc not a manager. thus im very happy slade brought in some good players, im glad he put foley in a DM role. i honestly think you love slade more than ccfc sometimes.

same goes for win ratio. i want slade to have 100%, liking mowbray dont make me hate slade. how odd

basically you blame others for slades mistakes. but if slade does something right hes the messia....lets not use that word.

you are very bias but its ok, hearts in right place i hope.

this thread about mowbray not slade. you didnt like him thats your opinion,weird tot ry and put down future success but i guess this is like star trek fans vs star wars or somwething similar. means alot to you i guess

let my last line in this thread be about mowbray and not slade?

once again. thanks for exciting football and highest finish i have experienced mr mowbray. good luck at blackburn.

steve82

i dont know why you are throwing reilly at me. i support ccfc not a manager. thus im very happy slade brought in some good players, im glad he put foley in a DM role. i honestly think you love slade more than ccfc sometimes.

same goes for win ratio. i want slade to have 100%, liking mowbray dont make me hate slade. how odd

basically you blame others for slades mistakes. but if slade does something right hes the messia....lets not use that word.

you are very bias but its ok, hearts in right place i hope.

this thread about mowbray not slade. you didnt like him thats your opinion,weird tot ry and put down future success but i guess this is like star trek fans vs star wars or somwething similar. means alot to you i guess

let my last line in this thread be about mowbray and not slade?

once again. thanks for exciting football and highest finish i have experienced mr mowbray. good luck at blackburn.

More laughable shit from you....
This is a TM thread you put, and rightly so.... now tell me why did you jump on me about RS when I clearly state TM will get results at Blackburn as he's a championship manager not league one. Not once have I stated I dislike him.
Nothing damming about the man I found reason with while he was here as he too had difficulties did i put... supported TM as much as RS as he's the current manager and I believe is rightly equipped to maximise our summer recruitment better than TM did last summer.
You, covcity4life put RS into the conversation, you not me....
Ask yourself that.....
maybe you should chop that fresh season ticket you just brought for a Blackburn one and enjoy some entertaining football ...

covcity4life

try not to be rude please.

i simply pointed out how odd it is you treat 2 managers so differently. you said wait till everyone goes mad he wins a few or something similar.

you can lie all you want but what you meant was ooh dont be taken in if he wins, hes not good! whereas with RS its dont be taken in by losses, hes good!

just odd

but please stop trying to go over old ground. we managed to move on past 2 weeks.

once again. thank you mowbray for a style pleasing on the eye. good luck at blackburn

singers_pore

If he's already written one just look up went went wrong when it happened before at Middlesborough.

TM already said what he thought went wrong at Boro. Couple of troublemakers in the dressing room. He also said that wasn't an issue at Cov. TM made plenty of other comments though indicating that Fisher and SISU were the problem.

Grendel

TM already said what he thought went wrong at Boro. Couple of troublemakers in the dressing room. He also said that wasn't an issue at Cov. TM made plenty of other comments though indicating that Fisher and SISU were the problem.

One common denominator - Mowbray - been a car crash since November 2015.

covboy1987

Many City fans will agree that he was a Good manager for CCFC in difficult circumstances - What was the real reason behind us being 4th in Divison 1 and tumbling down the league what was really going on behind the scenes -

Grendel

Many City fans will agree that he was a Good manager for CCFC in difficult circumstances - What was the real reason behind us being 4th in Divison 1 and tumbling down the league what was really going on behind the scenes -

Sorry his record since November 2015 was a joke. Whatever goes on behind the scenes is nothing to do with the manager - the squad massively underachieved post the Sheffield United defeat and he failed

The Reverend Skyblue

In my opinion there was no excuse for some of Mowbray's actions, I'm not having no money, no investment and its cause of SISU etc.
Playing players so out of position was one of the disasters he created, whether the player was shit or not playing a clumbersome 6ft 3in centre forward out on the wing in a lot of games was just unbelievable last season and early this.
Not just the centre forward others were so out of their natural position it was painful to watch.
Also he had to make a sub on or about the 60th minute every game, it didn't matter if we were winning or losing on came a strange substitution that not many could understand.
I actually really the bloke, very amiable and his heart was in the right place, and I did like the way he tried to make the club more professional on and off the pitch. I think a more experienced lower league manager would have got us up last season, but that's for discussion/rows, fights etc.
So covcity4life I did like him and I genuinely wish him well, perhaps with more money he would do a better job but Blackburn are another car crash club and I cant see him given much chance there as Venky's will pull the plug on him the moment he goes four games without winning.
I wish him well

idm1975

From my insider knowledge it was all behind the scene shit. Hands were tied and then when they were not tied tight enough they made sure they were. TM gave us the best football season, yes i know it dramatically dropped off, we have had in years. I wish him nothing but the best.

Grendel

In my opinion there was no excuse for some of Mowbray's actions, I'm not having no money, no investment and its cause of SISU etc.
Playing players so out of position was one of the disasters he created, whether the player was shit or not playing a clumbersome 6ft 3in centre forward out on the wing in a lot of games was just unbelievable last season and early this.
Not just the centre forward others were so out of their natural position it was painful to watch.
Also he had to make a sub on or about the 60th minute every game, it didn't matter if we were winning or losing on came a strange substitution that not many could understand.
I actually really the bloke, very amiable and his heart was in the right place, and I did like the way he tried to make the club more professional on and off the pitch. I think a more experienced lower league manager would have got us up last season, but that's for discussion/rows, fights etc.
So covcity4life I did like him and I genuinely wish him well, perhaps with more money he would do a better job but Blackburn are another car crash club and I cant see him given much chance there as Venky's will pull the plug on him the moment he goes four games without winning.
I wish him well

He also totally neglected the goalkeeper position - he admitted he wasn't that bothered about it - and in the end it made a crucial difference

fernandopartridge

Most over rated manager we've had in a long time, and as per the Coleman legacy when we were in the Championship, I think we will hear 'how did he not get us promoted with that squad' for many years to come.

The recruitment this year pre-season will be the main factor in why we will get relegated, but whilst he quietly backed out of the room everyone was pointing their fingers at SISU. Taking no payments was good of him? Maybe that's true, but walking away with grace? I don't think so, more the cowards way out in my opinion.

I would like to see him do well, because I think he is a nice bloke. However, his time here can't really be classed as a success whatsoever.
You're exaggerating how good the squad was I think. It was very strong when we were top but weakened significantly when Turner went back and when Kent did. Despite the enormous talent of Murphy and Armstrong, it was pretty ordinary otherwise including Fleck.

Evo1883

There are a few things that people conveniently miss out when discussing his time at city and Boro .
For starters go look at how he cut the wage bill at Middlesbrough , they spent near nothing during he time there and he actually left the club in a good shape , they didnt get promoted because the club spent barely anything in a division full of financially competitive teams .
Karanka spent 20 mill plus getting promotion .
He lead us to our highest points finish ever and saved us from relegation the season before , he's also the only manager to finish in the top 10 under SISU.
During last season we lost through injury at various stages
Cargill
Turner
Johnson
Stokes
Martin
Maddison

And a couple more , we just don't have the resources to replace so much talent and I believe THIS is what cost us promotion , because had we kept Turner or Cargill fit we would have finished top 6 IMO .
let's also remember no manager can work to an impecable standard with our woeful recruitment tactic of mass release and mass recruit on short contracts , its a gamble every year .
Give the bloke a break you loons

fernandopartridge

From my insider knowledge it was all behind the scene shit. Hands were tied and then when they were not tied tight enough they made sure they were. TM gave us the best football season, yes i know it dramatically dropped off, we have had in years. I wish him nothing but the best.
That doesn't reflect in his decision not to seek compensation. Are you suggesting that he didn't have the tools to do his job?

Nick

Administrator
What do you know?

steve82

try not to be rude please.

i simply pointed out how odd it is you treat 2 managers so differently. you said wait till everyone goes mad he wins a few or something similar.

you can lie all you want but what you meant was ooh dont be taken in if he wins, hes not good! whereas with RS its dont be taken in by losses, hes good!

just odd

but please stop trying to go over old ground. we managed to move on past 2 weeks.

once again. thank you mowbray for a style pleasing on the eye. good luck at blackburn

So when I pull you up on your points you hide behind please don't be rude, shocking!
Thought we built bridges weeks ago, if your gonna jump on my back and not other I'm gonna highlight the key facts and the number one being.... I've no dislike for TM despite your belief. Met the man many times, seemed pleasant enough and always had time to talk to my lad. He's a championship level manager who tried to play in a way that 3rd division players cannot do. Not his fault, hence why he chased championship players all summer and sadly failed.
It seems to me your enjoying the failings of RS to throw arguments at people like you've done for weeks in your TM defence, and now targeting me as I supported the appointment of RS as you keep repeating. That's my personal opinion and I force it upon no one, I've a opinion on most things to do with football and I'll say mine but will listen and respect anyone else's as I'm not always right.
Football a game that divides opinion.
Please let it go, he's at Blackburn now and most of us wish him well.... both me and you.

torchomatic

Good luck to him. He was a good guy for not taking a payoff. However we are where we are as his summer recruitment was an absolute shambles. He had four whole months to act yet he totally screwed up. His performances and that of his team were terrible too, which is why he bailed out. I liked him but he's not the saint some make out he is.

Gazolba

He'll save them from relegation then get sacked next season.

covcity4life

So when I pull you up on your points you hide behind please don't be rude, shocking!
Thought we built bridges weeks ago, if your gonna jump on my back and not other I'm gonna highlight the key facts and the number one being.... I've no dislike for TM despite your belief. Met the man many times, seemed pleasant enough and always had time to talk to my lad. He's a championship level manager who tried to play in a way that 3rd division players cannot do. Not his fault, hence why he chased championship players all summer and sadly failed.
It seems to me your enjoying the failings of RS to throw arguments at people like you've done for weeks in your TM defence, and now targeting me as I supported the appointment of RS as you keep repeating. That's my personal opinion and I force it upon no one, I've a opinion on most things to do with football and I'll say mine but will listen and respect anyone else's as I'm not always right.
Football a game that divides opinion.
Please let it go, he's at Blackburn now and most of us wish him well.... both me and you.

Agree with last bit really popr for younto say i revel in slades loss

Does slade doing poorly help me innsome mowbray vs slade war? Yes but i want no part of that. I want cov tomescapae relegation.

My posts in match threads shud show u how i always root foe the win and if i had an axe to grind i wouldnt be prasing Reilly and the dm tactics would i?

I get the feeling yoir waiting for slade to win a few more and then u will say hahaha cc4life as if i wouldnt be right next to you with a smile.on my face

steve82

Agree with last bit really popr for younto say i revel in slades loss

Does slade doing poorly help me innsome mowbray vs slade war? Yes but i want no part of that. I want cov tomescapae relegation.

My posts in match threads shud show u how i always root foe the win and if i had an axe to grind i wouldnt be prasing Reilly and the dm tactics would i?

I get the feeling yoir waiting for slade to win a few more and then u will say hahaha cc4life as if i wouldnt be right next to you with a smile.on my face

I'm not that type of guy, you have me all wrong.... yes I do want the results to come! But not to brag at anyone, or even you!
I have no issue with anyone and still not with you, I just don't appreciate you jumping on my back to suit your aim... I'm a genuine person on here to talk football not engage in silly rows to make other look small and inferior.
But seriously the TM outbursts are becoming tiring, we've all aired out opinions on his time here, highlights and lowlights. He has mixed support... as does SP still. Let's just leave it.

covcity4life

I'm not that type of guy, you have me all wrong.... yes I do want the results to come! But not to brag at anyone, or even you!
I have no issue with anyone and still not with you, I just don't appreciate you jumping on my back to suit your aim... I'm a genuine person on here to talk football not engage in silly rows to make other look small and inferior.
But seriously the TM outbursts are becoming tiring, we've all aired out opinions on his time here, highlights and lowlights. He has mixed support... as does SP still. Let's just leave it.

Im just here to talk football too. Just thought your watch him win a few now was.motivated by something else.

I liked.mowbray. i felt henshuda stayed and v confident we would be ok right now. He chose not too for whatever reason. Hes gone now. Good luck to him

Now lets focus on rest of seaon and hopefully slade earns a place in my avatar

steve82

Im just here to talk football too. Just thought your watch him win a few now was.motivated by something else.

I liked.mowbray. i felt henshuda stayed and v confident we would be ok right now. He chose not too for whatever reason. Hes gone now. Good luck to him

Now lets focus on rest of seaon and hopefully slade earns a place in my avatar

Nothing in it.... a throw away comment not aimed at anyone. If it was I'd have addressed you in it.
If he'd of stayed we'd still be in the same situation now, he knew it and said it weekly in his interviews.
We live we learn... that's football. Managers are tasked with managing teams, some work some don't, some have to deal with the previous persons regime, and the previous have to work with there previous regimes players.... a continuing cycle that rarely brings success. Some times it does... at some point you gotta stick to go forwards if it means a short term step back.

Users who are viewing this thread