No proof its a Cov fan as of yet but this is disgusting (4 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

Because I doubt those who created it are smart enough to even stop and think that. Their target isn't those who died but the Leicester fans. It might be misplaced I doubt they'd say it to the actual families but it's an attempt to be humorous not to offend and I don't find that different to jokes about dead celebrities who I also wouldn't share with thir families. Some do find it offensive I get that of course, but doesn't mean we should all think the same, just like anything else in life.
The thing about the death list on here, and people might find it offensive, is that’s it’s not parading/celebrating peoples deaths in quite the same way as sticking up a banner on the M69. A banner which is clearly aimed to upset/annoy a particular group.
I would say it’s about nuance.

Your original post also seemed curiously judgemental about someone’s private life and what country they come from. As if this has a bearing on how we should feel about their demise.

stupot07

The thing about the death list on here, and people might find it offensive, is that’s it’s not parading/celebrating peoples deaths in quite the same way as sticking up a banner on the M69. A banner which is clearly aimed to upset/annoy a particular group.
I would say it’s about nuance.

Your original post also seemed curiously judgemental about someone’s private life and what country they come from. As if this has a bearing on how we should feel about their demise.
He also said he should be fair game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Diogenes

Its not a nice banner and whoever did it is a cretin - but it clearly doesn't represent cov fans and I'd say the same if something similar had been made by a Leicester fan.

I would urge caution though - we don't even know who (assuming the pics are legit) has done it - this would be a good way of stirring up shit between fans by someone who has an axe to grind with cov or Leicester.

The best thing that could happen is for someone to go and rip it down and ignore it. The attention is exactly what they want.

If you want to find something to be offended about, take a look at some of the footage coming out of gaza... should put it into perspective...

SBT

Ok I tried to stay away, but such a pile on I must respond. Most of you will react to this and quote it too, your choice, but let's at least have some perspective.

1) I didn't make or share the flag, I merely said I don't find it offensive, I don't.
2) there is more outrage at this than Jimmy's in a box which is aimed at us or even some of you thought it acceptable in Scotland, Wales and Liverpool for the same after the queen died.
3) we have people on here quoting who regularly get personal daily call eachother pretty nasty stuff and this is what triggers you. Really?
4) we literally have a death list where people guess who's going to die and jokes posted almost immediately after including by some on here who pretend to the faceless group this is different.
5) covcity4life how dare you question my parents who you dont know, you disgusting human being far worse than me finding someone else's post mildly amusing.
6) I've never committed any crime, I'm happy with my family, we have posters on here who openly admit criminal behaviour, some have even served time in prison yet it can be suggested that I'm the one who has an issue. Weird. I find stuff funny, some darker than most. If anything I'm too honest on here, but I'd rather that than some of the outright hypocrisy.
7) hopefully we'll beat our 6 fingered cousins 4-0 but if we don't, I won't be the one getting pissed, fighting or goading the away fans causing trouble like some will, save your anger for those, genuine trouble. I'll go home, be annoyed then move on. Might even post on here about the actual football. Some of you should try it.
1705139548738.jpeg

Terry_dactyl

Its not a nice banner and whoever did it is a cretin - but it clearly doesn't represent cov fans and I'd say the same if something similar had been made by a Leicester fan.

I would urge caution though - we don't even know who (assuming the pics are legit) has done it - this would be a good way of stirring up shit between fans by someone who has an axe to grind with cov or Leicester.

The best thing that could happen is for someone to go and rip it down and ignore it. The attention is exactly what they want.

If you want to find something to be offended about, take a look at some of the footage coming out of gaza... should put it into perspective...
It’s possible to be offended by more than one thing…and at different levels.

stupot07

They are legit, the police have already taken them down.

lifeskyblue

Awful banner(s) on M69. Really are these people football fans? I’m sure the police will be out and be removing at least a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

The cops should have it all down in a jiffy but sadly not before it’s got around on social media. The damage has already been done. I don’t doubt that some of the Leicester fans enraged will have had a chuckle at their own pathetic banners.

PurpleBin

Earlier in the week some absolutely bellend of Cov fan on X changed his profile pic to the burnt out helicopter, and his bio as a "joke" about the crash. He also made a banner about it. It was disgusting.

Then someone (another cov fan) tag the police and virtually every reply (again all cov fans) was having ago at go at that person for being a "grass".

We have a some right cnutish fans.

Seen that. Tbh, I thought that was the same Rob who posted that message in here 🤣

Briles

Yeah just been sent a load on WhatsApp that are defo from cov, the ones about incest are fair enough but the others are pretty grim

Briles

I’m aware you can face a criminal record (I remember the ridiculous uproar to the Wednesday fans with the Bradley Lowery pictures). My point is that shouldn’t be the case. It is utterly ridiculous, especially when you consider we have weekly marches in London supporting terrorism

so what’s the deterrent for someone running around laughing in your face with a picture of your dead relative? Within the law?

Bad Boy

Awful banner(s) on M69. Really are these people football fans? I’m sure the police will be out and be removing at least a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still there sadly.
Is there no shame or is everything in life fair game to ridicule?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've seen the professionally printed banner...not gonna share it....but reckon someone may get nicked for that one

chiefdave

It's a shame that social media just amplifies these complete wastes of oxygen. You end up with a tiny number of people doing stuff like this just because they want it to be shared round social media and get a reaction.

We've already had mention on here of WhatsApp and you know there will be a group on there where all the idiots are congratulating each other.

ccfctommy

Four pages on piss stained bed sheets.

Honestly, who really gives a fuck? Probably eighteen year old kids being young and stupid.

hamertime

Could be forest or derby fans or even Leicester fans trying to stir a rivalry. I doubt cov fans would put always outnumbered on it as we generally are not. No proof it’s cov
Fans.

MalcSB

Got to love SBT logic. Gone from we have no idea if its a genuine pic, to it might not be Cov fans, to 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote :ROFLMAO:

If it turns out to be someone in their 40s are we going to propose banning that age range from voting?
The suggestion was that it was probably 18 year olds being young and stupid. 16 years olds are even younger and more stupid.

shmmeee

Yes they should.

If people get away with what I'll term 'cuntish' behaviour, they'll continue to be absolute bellends in society. It's a race to the bottom for people like that.

It's just not good for anyone, not healthy and certainly not funny.

If not being healthy or funny were illegal half of us would be fucked.

Being a bellend shouldn’t be a criminal offence.

Great_Expectations

Every set of fans has a minority of idiots. Unfortunately we seem to have a vocal and especially idiotic minority.

It’s going to add an unneeded edge to the atmosphere today where likely innocents will get caught up in it.

Reassuring to see the response from the majority on here.

Users who are viewing this thread