Now , here's a personal question ... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can people really change teams? Baffles me

italiahorse

I think there are plenty of people who just enjoy watching a match, rather than being a die hard fan of a particular club.
I think there is a difference if you actually travel to attend.
Supporting from an armchair is really easy.

Bob Latchford

I found another Cov fan who lives in my local area . he told me he went to Southend and some of our fans gave his young son some stick for not having a Cov accent . what the hell is that all about ? he's supporting Cov ,surely that's all that matters ? the son has a connection to Cov through his dad .

Manchester_sky_blue

I found another Cov fan who lives in my local area . he told me he went to Southend and some of our fans gave his young son some stick for not having a Cov accent . what the hell is that all about ? he's supporting Cov ,surely that's all that matters ? the son has a connection to Cov through his dad .
I've had the same thing a few times.

Bob Latchford

I've had the same thing a few times.
It's not like we don't need every fan we can get . where would man utd ,Liverpool, spurs,arsenal,chelski, be without their glory hunting fans ?

Bob Latchford

Am not from coventry and neither are my boys have not had that issue with my accent yet.
Why do you follow Coventry ?

Nick

Administrator
I quite like the fact that people not from here support ccfc. Like the norwegian (I think he was) on the radio the other week.

Bob Latchford

Its a weird one. Cov were the first team i ever completed in my pannini sticker book in 81 i think. Tommy English sealed the pact for me!
You're right ............................................................. it is weird ;)

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Somerset Sky Blue

He would have been 5, took my daughter early last season when she was just 4, she Did her best to show
her enthusiasm for me and her big brother, but couldn't hide her Disappointment when we told her at HT
Its not over 2nd half to go yet. Bless her;)
Sounds familiar, took my son to his first game at 5 and he was disappointed at half time (losing 2-0)... Then, gave him a hot dog, city won 3-2 and he was happy.
Two years on and will take my 5 year old daughter in the spring (quite cold in the Midlands in the winter for little ones).
As for right age - it really depends, though I won't be taking them to away games as I find some of the supporters do not make for a family friendly atmosphere!

Somerset Sky Blue

Oh, missed initial question....
It is a battle (wife is a manc from a family of united fans), but lullabies of sky blue songs - Coventry home and team of Gary breens, replica shirts and visits to the Ricoh are helping.
Against this, school, match attax and friends have made premier league more attractive...

Bob Latchford

bringbackrattles

I'm like Nick it always baffles me how anyone can change clubs or even support another one.I like a few clubs but would never support them, to me I'd feel disloyal and would call myself a Judas. I collect football stuff and have shirts of many clubs,just like I collect Boxing memorabilia, and vinyl records, but that's a hobby but wouldn't wear any of them shirts !

Nick

Administrator
I'm like Nick it always baffles me how anyone can change clubs or even support another one.I like a few clubs but would never support them, to me I'd feel disloyal and would call myself a Judas. I collect football stuff and have shirts of many clubs,just like I collect Boxing memorabilia, and vinyl records, but that's a hobby but wouldn't wear any of them shirts !
Never worn an English shirt other than ccfc or England. Had Ajax and barca as a kid.

Would feel dirty

bringbackrattles

Never worn an English shirt other than ccfc or England. Had Ajax and barca as a kid.

Would feel dirty
I wore an All Blacks rugby top one night in the pub and a drunk bloke said why you got that shit shirt on ? I replied because I like it and they're a great rugby team. He ranted on I was out of order as I wasn't from New Zealand ! He calmed down eventually but I never wore it again !

Bob Latchford

I'm with you on this . I could go and follow prem teams near me but , would never be the same for me. I'd suspect anyone who could , were never ''True'' fans of their first choice club .

idm1975

Had other teams shirts when i was a kid, not because i liked the team just the shirt
Could never ever wear another countries shirt though, i find that all kinds of wrong.

lifeskyblue

Had a West Brom shirt when 5/6 back in sixties. Also the sky blue kit of that time. Neither had the club badge on. Why West Brom...because I liked the name. How daft are we as kids!
Son has had loads of cov kits (home and away)...one of his sisters boyfriends was a West Ham fan and bought him a kit once...he only ever wore it on the day received. His sisters (all older) have bought him Barca, real and inter kits...he has worn them at training.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

No family but I did convert a mates son from Liverpool to CCFC. I used to take the micky out of him for wearing a Liverpool shirt pointing out that his mum was from Cov so he should support Cov. It sank in for some reason and he's followed the Sky Blues from about the age of twelve. He's a grown man now and we quite often go to games together. Unfortunately he's only ever witnessed the decline.

idm1975

No family but I did convert a mates son from Liverpool to CCFC. I used to take the micky out of him for wearing a Liverpool shirt pointing out that his mum was from Cov so he should support Cov. It sank in for some reason and he's followed the Sky Blues from about the age of twelve. He's a grown man now and we quite often go to games together. Unfortunately he's only ever witnessed the decline.
He still talks to you then! He must be a saint for what you did to him!

bringbackrattles

Where I live in Bell Green there's loads of Celtic and Rangers fans and a few also follow Cov City too. I've grew up with that as many Glaswegians came to live and work here in the sixties,and combined supporting their home grown clubs and taking interest in the Sky Blues.

letsallsingtogether

Yes,
My lads mates all wore Arsenal shirts my lad also wanted one.
I told him he could have the whole City kit but would not allow any other shirt in the house.
My wife brought him a yellow Arsenal away shirt.
Quite funny when him and his mates all came around wearing Arsenal shirts.
I said quickly give me one of those shirts we have run out of Bog paper.
Funny is it worked they all had season tickets at the City for over 10 years, Sadly none of them attend anymore:(

Users who are viewing this thread