NTFC move (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

@ntfc: BREAKING: Coventry City will be playing their home games at Sixfields on a temporary basis. More on http://t.co/UvLqUX42nE shortly

RoboCCFC90

Sorry but this has to be said to all the people who thought SISU were bluffing this is real, I am sorry because I wanted CCFC to stay in Coventry, but unfortunately the writing was on the wall..

ajsccfc

Here's something that stands out (not just because I'm formatting the text):

Coventry City to play its home matches at Northampton Town’s Sixfields Stadium for an initial period of three seasons.

ccfcway

heres something else that stands out !

Otium will also be required to provide a Performance Bond of £1m with The Football League as an assurance of the club’s commitment to return to the Coventry area.

So, in short, if SISU NEVER come back to Coventry, they lose their £1 million !!!

Thats bye bye club then. Why on earth would they come back ?

Gotta say, I'd be slightly concerned if I was a NTFC fan. This could well be SISU now muscling in on their staduim and the development full time !

valiant15

I hope the cunts get relegated next season.Fuck you sisu fuck you football league:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

NTFC

3 very clear course of action.

1.A mass protest at Football League HQ under your own banner and "Football League not fit for purpose". Will attract thousands and be all over media.

2. Complete boycott of games at our place. Just don't go. If you come and stand outside you will look stupid.

3. initiate a Pheonix club asap.

Last edited:

ccfcway

i'd be interested to hear from NTFC fans now...

This is just the start if it for them...One thing is for sure, SISU wont be just borrowing their pitch, they will cause untold damage there too !

Sky Blue Pete

Terrible terrible news!! I can't go on Sunday afternoons even if I could swallow all my pride and principles cause I am a coventry kid and have always followed my home team.

Absolutely gutted!!

My dad said it was the beginning of the end when football became money oriented in the early 90's and has ultimately been proved correct.

Flabbergasted and so upset!!

NTFC

The majority of our fans are against this move. We will be all over SISU like a rash don't you worry. Sad day for football,

ccfcway

what does this mean for ACL, can they now use the arena for other things, or are they still bound by the lease ?

ccfcway

The majority of our fans are against this move. We will be all over SISU like a rash don't you worry. Sad day for football,

Just as well, cause they will be all over you as well !

I really cant help but think its not just one club who maybe ended long term by this news, you lot really have got into bed with a group of people you just dont want to be associated with

NTFC

Just as well, cause they will be all over you as well !

I really cant help but think its not just one club who maybe ended long term by this news, you lot really have got into bed with a group of people you just dont want to be associated with

Thanks for your solidarity. Any more keep us posted on these sharks.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
2. Complete boycott of games at our place. Just don't go. If you come and stand outside you will look stupid.

Some already tried this. And managed the 'looking stupid' part :D

I agree though. Think the previously mentioned form of protest (all gather at the Ricoh on the date of our first 'home' game') should now be put in place!

Gary.j

3 very clear course of action.

1.A mass protest at Football League HQ under your own banner and "Football League not fit for purpose". Will attract thousands and be all over media.

3. initiate a Pheonix club asap.

The phoenix campaign is here. https://www.facebook.com/Coventry1883

ccfcway

Thanks for your solidarity. Any more keep us posted on these sharks.

At least 3 years will not be 3 years, it will be a lot longer..

£1 million "bond" will not be enough to ensure they come back

This is a franchaise simple as that, and when they start dipping their fingers into your revdevelopment plans, by loaning you the money to get it completed, expand the area etc, they will have their hands on what they want, a ready made stadium with redevelopment

They couldnt get the Ricoh, so have moved onto The Sixfields

andyboy81

Don't think you can really blame the Football League for it...

Provided that SISU ticked all the boxes on all the regulations that were previously stated (and presumably they have), there pretty isn't that much they could do to stop it.

Even if SISU have no real intent to build a new ground in the next few years, provided they show plans e.t.c and proof, then i guess they would have to allow it.

Tad

Wonder if we'll see another team at the Ricoh now.

Users who are viewing this thread