NTFC move (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't think you can really blame the Football League for it...

Provided that SISU ticked all the boxes on all the regulations that were previously stated (and presumably they have), there pretty isn't that much they could do to stop it.

Even if SISU have no real intent to build a new ground in the next few years, provided they show plans e.t.c and proof, then i guess they would have to allow it.

Bullshit. It's completely spineless on their part and they have failed resoundingly the football fans whose interests they are supposed to protect.

RoboCCFC90

Bullshit. It's completely spineless on their part and they have failed resoundingly the football fans whose interests they are supposed to protect.

I think it was either this or expelled from competitions, so they have probably acted in the best way they could.

Steve_75

Just read the article on the CCFC site and a few things stood out for me. First, no mention of a plan for a new stadium, just that they couldn't agree with ACL over the Ricoh. They want Otium to get back to negotiating with ACL but don't seem to hold out much hope for that if they've agreed for an "initial period" of 3 years.
The 'it's with deep regret' start to the quote suggests to me that perhaps the FL didn't really want to agree to it but we're told by Otium 'agree to it or else we'll either take you to court or liquidate the club'.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just read the article on the CCFC site and a few things stood out for me. First, no mention of a plan for a new stadium, just that they couldn't agree with ACL over the Ricoh. They want Otium to get back to negotiating with ACL but don't seem to hold out much hope for that if they've agreed for an "initial period" of 3 years.
The 'it's with deep regret' start to the quote suggests to me that perhaps the FL didn't really want to agree to it but we're told by Otium 'agree to it or else we'll either take you to court or liquidate the club'.

Or it's to try and pacify anger that is rightly being directed towards them for failing to show any backbone.

Tad

*sigh* why do the suits have to ruin everything.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it was either this or expelled from competitions, so they have probably acted in the best way they could.

Or it was refuse the groundshare on the basis that the Ricoh is there and ready to use. They are complicit in this as far as I am concerned.

ccfcway

They will be currently working on how do make the same statement to the NTFC board in a years time when theytake them over !

ajsccfc

What is the Ricoh now then? I mean, I get they've got facilities that are used year round and the like, but there's now an additional large expanse of nothingness with no current use.

Brighton Sky Blue

What is the Ricoh now then? I mean, I get they've got facilities that are used year round and the like, but there's now an additional large expanse of nothingness with no current use.

Exactly, everybody loses out except for Northampton and the League get to say 'we did our best'. NLHWC's prophetic username is edging closer to reality...

procdoc

The football league, Northampton chairman, Northampton council, Tim fisher and all the Sisu sympathisers can go and fuck themselves. Wankers the lot of them

Danceswithhorses

Shameful decision.
Under SISU 's management CCFC have plummeted to their lowest point in most of our living memories.
The sad thing is, there is further to go.
The FL have condoned SISU's decision to take CCFC away from Coventry-well i say shame on them

RoboCCFC90

Or it was refuse the groundshare on the basis that the Ricoh is there and ready to use. They are complicit in this as far as I am concerned.

But they have been informed it isn't viable and have been convinced by Otium (and probably to some aspect the Administrator) that this isn't possible and this will be surely because the last deal wasn't viable..

Brighton Sky Blue

But they have been informed it isn't viable and have been convinced by Otium (and probably to some aspect the Administrator) that this isn't possible and this will be surely because the last deal wasn't viable..

How isn't it viable? What on Earth about this lunatic idea is more financially lucrative than staying at the Ricoh under the last offered terms?

Brighton Sky Blue

Shameful decision.
Under SISU 's management CCFC have plummeted to their lowest point in most of our living memories.
The sad thing is, there is further to go.
The FL have condoned SISU's decision to take CCFC away from Coventry-well i say shame on them

I can buy a season ticket at Hibs for as little as £100. More money than Northampton will be getting off me over the next however many years.

bigfatronssba

<p>
Time to 'pull together' and get behind the TEAM, wherever they play! PUSB

Enjoy your relegation season.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Some already tried this. And managed the 'looking stupid' part :D

I agree though. Think the previously mentioned form of protest (all gather at the Ricoh on the date of our first 'home' game') should now be put in place!
And where were you and all the others that are bleating now? Where were you before The Football League wankers made their decision whe we could have made a difference? Taking the piss, now you want to protest now its been confirmed mimimum of three years for fucks sake. Are you laughing now?:thinking about:

RoboCCFC90

How isn't it viable? What on Earth about this lunatic idea is more financially lucrative than staying at the Ricoh under the last offered terms?

I possibly don't know but surely if ACL's offer was so fantastic then SISU would have grabbed it with both hands no?

Brighton Sky Blue

I possibly don't know but surely if ACL's offer was so fantastic then SISU would have grabbed it with both hands no?

SISU want nothing less than ACL's extinction. If you do even a little basic maths you see that staying at the Ricoh is infinitely better for the club bank account.

Higgi21

As far as I'm concerned these parasites have robbed me of my football club,if CCFC don't play in Cov then they aint Coventry City (the clue is in the name),until they come back with new owners or AFC Coventry begin life at the Ricoh then I aint got a club to support.See you at Liberty Way Saturday :wave:

Bennets Afro

From the FL statement

Nevertheless, the Board's approval remains entirely conditional on the Club ultimately exiting administration in accordance with The Football League’s conditions and achieving a successful transfer of its League share.

So this only stands if we are out of admin. If we still in admin does CCFC have to accept the offer to PA to play at the Ricoh????

Over to ACL

RoboCCFC90

SISU want nothing less than ACL's extinction. If you do even a little basic maths you see that staying at the Ricoh is infinitely better for the club bank account.

So you still believe that this is a starving tactic from SISU, well if it is do you think they have taken into account CCC? Surely if ACL balls up CCC will run the Arena themselves?

Understandably we are all upset and frustrated regarding this situation, but I think this whole debacle shows no three of these wretched parties should be trusted, ACL, CCC, SISU..

Sky Blues

Time to 'pull together' and get behind the TEAM, wherever they play! PUSB

What Northampton City FC?

In our Northampton homes,
in our Northampton homes,
we speak with an accent for which we don't care,
if you want a football team we have one to spare,
in our Northampton homes....

Doesn't feel right to me.

Brighton Sky Blue

So you still believe that this is a starving tactic from SISU, well if it is do you think they have taken into account CCC? Surely if ACL balls up CCC will run the Arena themselves?

Understandably we are all upset and frustrated regarding this situation, but I think this whole debacle shows no three of these wretched parties should be trusted, ACL, CCC, SISU..

My anger may be clouding my better judgement in the way I express my sentiments however those are my sentiments nonetheless. Moving to Northampton will cost us a lot more in lost revenue than staying at the Ricoh would in rent. To be willing to take such a hit in my view shows their intentions for what they are.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
And where were you and all the others that are bleating now? Where were you before The Football League wankers made their decision whe we could have made a difference? Taking the piss, now you want to protest now its been confirmed mimimum of three years for fecks sake. Are you laughing now?:thinking about:

I admit I wasn't there BSB. But let's be honest, it was poorly planned! In total, the most fans at a 'protest' has been, what, 150 max? That was never going to have any effect. As for the one arranged for Northampton, I think the amount of attendees shows that it wasn't worthwhile. Time could have been spent trying to arrange something else that would have got people attending. We need to vote with our feet. Hence me saying the most recently mentioned protest may have more of an effect! We need to make a statement.

Even if the Northampton protest was arranged now, I don't think it would get more people attending.....

Nonleagueherewecome

Bang-on. The FL should be totally ashamed, they've presided over MK Dons MkII.

Users who are viewing this thread