NTFC move (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

My anger may be clouding my better judgement in the way I express my sentiments however those are my sentiments nonetheless. Moving to Northampton will cost us a lot more in lost revenue than staying at the Ricoh would in rent. To be willing to take such a hit in my view shows their intentions for what they are.

I understand those sentiments and feel inclined to agree with them to an extent however, as Fisher has stated on the CCFC Website in a statement in response to this news, Otium and the Administrator feel that the deal held "No value".

I don't agree with moving to Northampton, I would much prefer to stay at the Ricoh, but this apparently isn't possible..

Higgi21

The Ricoh is our home,the present owners don't give a stuff about us the supporters,what about all those who paid for bricks in the walls,are they, SISU, going to remove these and put them in the new stadium?

Nonleagueherewecome

Exactly, everybody loses out except for Northampton and the League get to say 'we did our best'. NLHWC's prophetic username is edging closer to reality...

Nah, I don't consider that stinking pile of manure in Northampton to be "we".

Phoenix Club get's it done, though ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

They don't want to be seen as being for this kind of thing after MK Dons.

Showing a bloody good way of going about that then, aint they? :mad:

Brighton Sky Blue

Nah, I don't consider that stinking pile of manure in Northampton to be "we".

Phoenix Club get's it done, though ;)

A phoenix club just isn't the same. It isn't the team I grew up supporting and it isn't the one that's been in the family all this time-I'd rather go and watch Scottish football. Just as shit as the City but half the price.

Brighton Sky Blue

I understand those sentiments and feel inclined to agree with them to an extent however, as Fisher has stated on the CCFC Website in a statement in response to this news, Otium and the Administrator feel that the deal held "No value".

I don't agree with moving to Northampton, I would much prefer to stay at the Ricoh, but this apparently isn't possible..

I don't believe a word that comes out of that rat's mouth, if you do the calculations it is complete suicide even in a best case scenario at Northampton.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Sorry - I had to stop reading at "as Fisher has stated". I'm guessing it was something about unicorns.......

nicksig

A phoenix club just isn't the same. It isn't the team I grew up supporting and it isn't the one that's been in the family all this time-I'd rather go and watch Scottish football. Just as shit as the City but half the price.
But the present club isn't the one we all grew up supporting

RoboCCFC90

Sorry - I had to stop reading at "as Fisher has stated". I'm guessing it was something about unicorns.......

If you would like me to replace his name with something you feel more appropriate than I implore you to fire away with some ideas..

Nonleagueherewecome

Doubt many Wimbledon fans would say that-they even have the FA Cup in their honours, not MK.

Womble

to set up a pheonix club now would be too late, and theres still a club to fight for. why not just accept this season you spend your money trying to get the club back and destroy SISU and the fucktards that are taking you to Northampton,

you can win this, but you'll have to fight for it. coventry city belong in coventry, not northampton.

Nonleagueherewecome

If you would like me to replace his name with something you feel more appropriate than I implore you to fire away with some ideas..

"Fisher states that unicorns did not go extinct because of him feeding his dog exclusively on a diet of unicorns".

If it wasn't for the fact that they've never existed, I would take that as proof that it actually is why they became extinct!

Nonleagueherewecome

Except that by founding a phoenix club now whilst the current CCFC remains, we have no right to any of the club's honours.

At what point do you say that CCFC no longer remains? What stage was it with MK Dons and Wimbledon? 'Cos this is not CCFC IMO.

Brighton Sky Blue

to set up a pheonix club now would be too late, and theres still a club to fight for. why not just accept this season you spend your money trying to get the club back and destroy SISU and the fucktards that are taking you to Northampton,

you can win this, but you'll have to fight for it. coventry city belong in coventry, not northampton.

From September onwards I go back to living in Scotland for the next 4 years so what I can physically do is quite 'limited' (geddit). Fisher is well aware of the losses this will incur relative to staying at the Ricoh-he doesn't care. SISU don't care. CCFC serves for them to straddle all the debt they like from their other failed enterprises.

Brighton Sky Blue

At what point do you say that CCFC no longer remains? What stage was it with MK Dons and Wimbledon? 'Cos this is not CCFC IMO.

When the entity goes out of business only then can anyone lay claim to the honours. As I have stated elsewhere until the club moves back I'm not supporting anyone and want nothing to do with the English game.

andyboy81

Bullshit. It's completely spineless on their part and they have failed resoundingly the football fans whose interests they are supposed to protect.

There will have been a certain criteria / rules in place BEFORE any of this blew up that the owners would have had to meet in order for this to happen.

If SISU can meet all of them then how can they possibly stop it??

Brighton Sky Blue

There will have been a certain criteria / rules in place BEFORE any of this blew up that the owners would have had to meet in order for this to happen.

If SISU can meet all of them then how can they possibly stop it??

SISU haven't bought any land yet and have no planning permission. Pretty important if you actually want to build a new stadium is it not?

Sky Blue Harry H

I possibly don't know but surely if ACL's offer was so fantastic then SISU would have grabbed it with both hands no?

Not if it prolonged ACL's lifespan - SISU trying to distress them (along with 99% of City fans, in the process):blue::blue:

Leamington Pete

From the FL statement

Nevertheless, the Board's approval remains entirely conditional on the Club ultimately exiting administration in accordance with The Football League’s conditions and achieving a successful transfer of its League share.

So this only stands if we are out of admin. If we still in admin does CCFC have to accept the offer to PA to play at the Ricoh????
Over to ACL[/QUOTE

This is a point which is rarely picked up on. It is looking increasingly likely that we could still be at administration at the start of the season. The FL's ground sharing rules stated that a ground share couldn't happen with the club in admin - Tim Fisher admitted this at the forums. The Ricoh's offer presumably still stands so the question is would Otium lower themselves to accepting it? No choice surely?

Nonleagueherewecome

When the entity goes out of business only then can anyone lay claim to the honours. As I have stated elsewhere until the club moves back I'm not supporting anyone and want nothing to do with the English game.

That's not how it worked with MK though...but I totally respect your choice. Feel quite similar now, but love non-league footy, so hoping Leam reignite my passion for the game.

wingy

I'll support anyone with a coherent plan for a phoenix side .

I don't believe we're coming back or will even survive this ,The sooner some one comes up with a plan that prevents these Scum from trying to Skulk back into the RICOH I will follow It.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's not how it worked with MK though...but I totally respect your choice. Feel quite similar now, but love non-league footy, so hoping Leam reignite my passion for the game.

Trust me it really isn't easy-I've grown up supporting CCFC and it's a lot more than just a football team to me as I'm sure it is to a lot of others. I can't stand the idea of following football in England knowing that the authorities just stood there and allowed my club to get shat on whilst other clubs just fill their pockets. For some a phoenix club offers continuity but for me it will just never be the same.

Sky Blues

My comments in red:

Coventry City can confirm temporary home fixture arrangement with Northampton Town

Coventry City FC has today confirmed a temporary arrangement with Northampton Town FC to play home games at the Sixfields Stadium for the next three seasons.

Is this statement from the administrator? The club is in administration and the administrator is running it isn't he? Also, I thought the administrator said he could not do a ground deal because he has no players etc?

This arrangement has been provisionally ratified by the Football League.

"Provisionally" being the operative word.

Tim Fisher, the Sky Blues' Chief Executive, stressed that the move to play games at Sixfields was part of a bigger plan to develop its own stadium in the Coventry City area.

Why is Mr Fisher commenting? The Football League statement makes it clear the golden share is with CCFC Ltd. If this is an Otium statement it should be on the Otium website or at least state this is reproduced on the CCFC website on behalf of the prospective purchasers of the club.

Tim Fisher said, “We are very pleased that the Football League has found our plans acceptable. Nobody wanted this day to come but we feel we have no choice but to take this course of action and that the only credible future for the Club now lies in owning its own stadium. Building a stadium that is ours in the Coventry area and which will generate revenues we can put on the field of play is necessary to ensure the club can succeed under the FIFA Fair Play Rules.

Interesting choice of rules there Mr Fisher - according to the Fifa website: "Fair play is a fundamental part of the game of football. It represents the positive benefits of playing by the rule, using common sense and respecting fellow players, referees, opponents and fans."

“If there had been an economic option which would have allowed us to stay at the Ricoh we would have pursued it. There was no proposal on the table in time for us to make realistic plans for the coming season. We could not wait any longer.”

And this option makes more economic sense than the one put on the table in January does it Mr Fisher? If so, please provided the data to back this up. Also, at the fans forum didn't Mr Fisher say he had "moved on" from playing at the Ricoh - that hardly suggests he was inviting anyone to put an option on the table.

“Over the last month or so – through a series of forums – we have made it clear this move is not a game of brinkmanship or a negotiating strategy - it is the only credible option. If our plans did not show a clear path for returning to the Coventry City area they would not have been approved by the League.

Forgive me if my memory is failing me here, but didn't Mr Fisher say we would have struck a deal for a site by now? Does the Football League know where this is? Are we allowed to know? Has Sisu/Otium submitted a planning application too? One would assume the Football League would ask for that as an absolute minimum indication of intention.

“The Club and its owners acknowledge the support of the League, Northampton Town FC and the Northampton Borough Council for working constructively to provide a port in what is hoped will be a temporary storm. We are currently working on detailed ticketing and travel plans to take into account the inconvenience caused to supporters by this move and will provide further information very shortly.

Again, can this happen while Coventry City Football Club is in administration?

“If the City Council and ACL had truly wanted to support the Club, it would have taken up the offer made by SISU to pay off its debt and extend the lease. Instead it used £14 million of public money to stop the deal happening. The suggestion that the Club could play “free” whilst “it is administration” was, as the administrators pointed out, not one which they or indeed the Club could accept or which had any value.

When did Sisu make the offer to pay off its debt and extend the lease? The council took over ACL's loan in January, so for this statement to be chronologically accurate I assume Mr Fisher would have had to have made his offer before then? If so, why were the rental discussions still taking place in January?

“The proposed new stadium makes commercial and economic sense, providing new prospects to the City, incorporating commercial opportunities that support the revenues and development of the Club and secures its future. The project has momentum and the negotiations with the site's vendors are progressing very well.

Again, I was under the impression from what Mr Fisher said at the fans forum that this would have happened by now.

“We have much to do before the new season, including working with the League to approve the restructuring of the corporate ownership of the club and the swift resolution of the administration of CCFC Ltd which will see the transfer embargo lifted. We hope that the fans will support the Club’s players and staff through what, we accept, will be a difficult transitional period, towards independence and a stable long term home venue.”

How is the corporate ownership of the club restructured? Does this just mean the Otium take over, or does it mean something else, maybe the merging of Holdings and Limited, or the liquidation of Limited?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread