Observation! (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

Whilst watching the game Saturday block 24 I saw this chap with a shit load of wasp tickets and he stopped and talked to the guy on the end and next thing I see him ripping off 6 tickets and given them to the guy then he sat down for 5 minutes and went to another one of our supporters talked to him and gave him tickets and moved to block 23. I think wasps are using our support for bait

Kingokings204

Whilst watching the game Saturday block 24 I saw this chap with a shit load of wasp tickets and he stopped and talked to the guy on the end and next thing I see him ripping off 6 tickets and given them to the guy then he sat down for 5 minutes and went to another one of our supporters talked to him and gave him tickets and moved to block 23. I think wasps are using our support for bait

Brave bloke

Otis

It's perfect if they give them to City fans who then don't go.

Wasted exercise.

Astute

I'd have taken a whole book.

Wife is making me use a free ticket next Saturday :( Been giving out free children's tickets to the game. Fancy dress for Halloween. But at least it doesn't clash with our game. But it does mean that I can't go to our game. I just can't make it from Barrow AFC's ground to Walsall in an hour :arghh:

Even more reason to keep taking him to see our club now.

Hobo

This Wasps envy is getting kinda pathetic guys.

Be like Elsa. Let it go.

I couldn't agree more. It also deflects attention from what is really wrong with the club. While we are obsessed with Richardson, CCC and Wasps nobody is finding the solutions to fix the club. Meanwhile SISU are just treading water to pursue desperate legal cases.

You can't change the past but you can influence the future.

Astute

I couldn't agree more. It also deflects attention from what is really wrong with the club. While we are obsessed with Richardson, CCC and Wasps nobody is finding the solutions to fix the club. Meanwhile SISU are just treading water to pursue desperate legal cases.

I'm not prepared to forget the past. If you do that SISU get blamed for everything and those that put us in this position get away with it.

Yes SISU are at fault for many things. But we were in a bad state when they took over. That is why we ended up with them.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not prepared to forget the past. If you do that SISU get blamed for everything and those that put us in this position get away with it.

Yes SISU are at fault for many things. But we were in a bad state when they took over. That is why we ended up with them.

Exactly.

Everything needs to be looked into.

duffer

You can influence the future by not supporting the business who have:

1) Taken ownership of the stadium that was built for us.
2) Bought our academy and are now pushing us out of that.
3) Are refusing to negotiate with CCFC on the pretence that the legal action in some way affects them. (Clue: It doesn't, but it might hurt their mates at the Council who can assist with Planning Permission).

And not least you can be man enough admit supporting a franchise when you go to Wasps. Which is fine as long as you're not hypocritical when it comes to our owners taking us out of Coventry - which of course most people who support Wasps here would be up in arms about.

There are people who who would justify boycotting their own club to put pressure on SISU, whilst cheerfully putting money into Wasps. And they think it's about being envious? To mix a metaphor It's really about having a moral compass and joining the dots.

Liquid Gold

Not givin wasps your money is very much about the future. We all know a new ground is never going to be built, even if we had the money or land CCC would never approve planning. The alternative is a ground outside city boundaries which some say would be the end of the club.

This means the only way we will own a stadium in Coventry again is if London Wasps get into financial difficulties and are forced into selling the Ricoh, or a portion of it at least, to the club it was built for.

There is no sustainable way forward for us that doesn't involve perpetual lower league football without the revenue generating capabilities of stadium ownership.

fernandopartridge

[tongueincheek]Some good thoughts in this thread - instead of throwing pigs or sky blue toilet rolls on the pitch for the Sheffield United game, what about unused Wasps tickets? [/tongueincheek]

Warwickhunt

depends upon how you look at the ticket give away! most chaps can justify to their loved ones about going to a sporting event once a week on Saturday but a sunday as well things get a bit techy on the homefront, so if you are given free tickets and you have buy for the other which event would you be going to?

Astute

depends upon how you look at the ticket give away! most chaps can justify to their loved ones about going to a sporting event once a week on Saturday but a sunday as well things get a bit techy on the homefront, so if you are given free tickets and you have buy for the other which event would you be going to?
The CCFC one :p

torchomatic

This Wasps envy is getting kinda pathetic guys.

Be like Elsa. Let it go.

Nothing to do with envy. You really don't have a clue.

Grendel

It was probably Italia

Astute

Nothing to do with envy. You really don't have a clue.
I agree Torch.

How did we feel when a hedge fund moved us temporarily to Northampton? Did anyone who says forget about Wasps being moved to Coventry stop going whilst we were in Northampton? Or even think about joining in on a march or not giving money to SISU who are a hedge fund? But then say that the Wasps hedge fund is OK to give money to? How far have they been moved....and it is looking permanent ATM........away from their supporters?

What is right for one club and their supporters should be right for the other ones. And that is without thinking about them having what should be ours. As in training ground as well as playing ground.

NorthernWisdom

I agree Torch.

How did we feel when a hedge fund moved us temporarily to Northampton? Did anyone who says forget about Wasps being moved to Coventry stop going whilst we were in Northampton? Or even think about joining in on a march or not giving money to SISU who are a hedge fund? But then say that the Wasps hedge fund is OK to give money to? How far have they been moved....and it is looking permanent ATM........away from their supporters?

What is right for one club and their supporters should be right for the other ones. And that is without thinking about them having what should be ours. As in training ground as well as playing ground.

Also if you accept and normalise it, it makes it more likely that other teams will be able to move, as sport as a whole will become Americanised.

And let's face it, our current owners may not be averse to such a thing being normalised...

A stand against Wasps is a stand against SISU, as far as I'm concerned.

CCFC88

The whole "Americanisation" of the football league is nonsense. American teams move their franchises to exploit untouched markets, as they have 32 professional NFL teams across 50 states for instance, their is a high number of untouched markets.

It makes no business sense to move CCFC to an area where one of the other 92 and many more non league clubs reside, there is nowhere in the country that the club could move to generate more revenue than it is now.

MK dons was a one of a kind move and may happen every 50 or so years in the football league.

FYI before a team moving to LA this year their had not been a franchise move in the NFL since 1998. If their was a city/residence in the UK with the potential of Los Angeles or Las Vegas without a league football team I may be worried, as it is this will never happen, the UK market is too saturated.

NorthernWisdom

It makes no business sense to move CCFC to an area where one of the other 92 and many more non league clubs reside

...the same as it makes nio sense for Wasps to move to where a league rugby club resides...

I'm afraid your entire post is absolute gibberish and poorly thought through. Lack of a vacant town without a club is not a barrier, nor, necessarily is size of conuration a barrier.

CCFC88

...the same as it makes nio sense for Wasps to move to where a league rugby club resides...

I'm afraid your entire post is absolute gibberish and poorly thought through. Lack of a vacant town without a club is not a barrier, nor, necessarily is size of conuration a barrier.

Can you tell me where in the country CCFC could relocate to that would pull in more than 8k+ a week and 1k odd that would travel away week in week out?

NorthernWisdom

Can you tell me where in the country CCFC could relocate to that would pull in more than 8k+ a week and 1k odd that would travel away week in week out?

Telford, Yorkshire, Belfast, Dublin, London, Plymouth, Glasgow, Portsmouth to name a few would have a fighting chance.

Three naive thoughts you've got:

Firstly that the current status quo remains as such if the likes of Wasps are accepted wrt geographical immobility, both at a club and a league level;

Assuming the same volume of gates are needed from the off, or at all;

That other football clubs might not disappear, leaving holes. Surivival of the fittest allows for others to prey on those spaces, and take them over. That applies to Coventry as well - perhaps Hull might fancy creating Coventry Tigers...

Ash

Not to mention having arguably the biggest club in the country up the M69!

torchomatic

The whole "Americanisation" of the football league is nonsense. American teams move their franchises to exploit untouched markets, as they have 32 professional NFL teams across 50 states for instance, their is a high number of untouched markets.

It makes no business sense to move CCFC to an area where one of the other 92 and many more non league clubs reside, there is nowhere in the country that the club could move to generate more revenue than it is now.

MK dons was a one of a kind move and may happen every 50 or so years in the football league.

FYI before a team moving to LA this year their had not been a franchise move in the NFL since 1998. If their was a city/residence in the UK with the potential of Los Angeles or Las Vegas without a league football team I may be worried, as it is this will never happen, the UK market is too saturated.

Nonsense. Of course it makes "business sense". That is the line Wasps' used it was swallowed hook line and sinker by quite a few of the posters on this site. This thread even. If a few years ago you would have asked the people of Coventry would you watch a rugby team from London if they moved here, chances are they would say no. But hey, look what happened. They did. Same thing could happen to CCFC. Wasps won't budge, CCC won't budge, so there may be no alternative. And if that is the case then I would hope that all those who complained about Northampton and yet have given Wasps a free reign wouldn't have the gall to complain about it.

As NW said, a stand against Wasps is a stand against SISU. Problem is many fans are only fixated on one side in this whole mess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread