Official January transfer window for CCFC (2 Viewers)

Otis

The latter never played for us in the Championship I wish the former hadn't
Oh yeah, it was the Premier wasn't it, but then that strengthens the case more. If Strachan can do it in the Premier and Wise and McAllister do it in the Championship, I see no reason why Cole can't succeed in League One.

Ryan Lowe, who we will come against tomorrow for Crewe, is 37 and Richie Wellens who played against us last week is 35.

Can't see why Joe Cole can't do a job for us at his age and he's a much better player than either of the two above.

Last edited:

Grendel

Oh yeah, it was the Premier wasn't it, but then that strengthens the case more. If Strachan can do it in the Premier and Wise and McAllister do it in the Championship, I see no reason why Cole can't succeed in League One.

Ryan Lowe, who we will come against tomorrow for Crewe, is 37 and Richie Wellens who played against us last week is 35.

Can't see why Joe Cole can't do a job for us at his age and he's a much better player than either of the two above.

So was Michael Owen a better player.

The problem probably is that cole like Owen started at 17. By 19 he was playing regular top flight football.

He looks burnt out. He really doesn't need 8 weeks to get fitness to compete and hasn't stood out in a game at all.

Otis

So was Michael Owen a better player.

The problem probably is that cole like Owen started at 17. By 19 he was playing regular top flight football.

He looks burnt out. He really doesn't need 8 weeks to get fitness to compete and hasn't stood out in a game at all.
It is a concern it's taken so long for him to get fit, but TM has said he wants to sign him permanently and if TM believes in him, then that's good enough for me. I trust his judgement.

And besides, Owen had a lot of injury problems and he was never the same player after the major injury he sustained.

AFCCOVENTRY

Fantastic result today.

We know Kent is going back. After today what do we need?

Still think defence needs some armour and some more attacking options as cover.

ccfc92

Fantastic result today.

We know Kent is going back. After today what do we need?

Still think defence needs some armour and some more attacking options as cover.

I think attacking we are okay for now.

We need at least 2 CBs in. Need some of these trial players signed asap if they're good enough.

bawtryneal

After watching Bigi on several occasions I don't think we should offer him a permanent contract. His passing is to erratic. This afternoon he nearly caused two goals.

Sky Blue Pete

Think there will be some surprises but

Bigi, Cole - permanent would be excellent surely
Would be happy with a Ramage type player as back up for Ricketts, Martin
Dearly love Arma to stay for the year - TM didn't sound too hopeful - but does he about anything?

Who are the surprises do we think?

Meanwhile - Murphy, Maddison, Cole, Armstrong up front - oh my goodness!!

AFCCOVENTRY

So rumours from Ryton is that TM is looking at defenders and midfielders in the transfer window.

Wants another attacking winger to replace Kent, Bigi on a perm. Remember Rose will be joining next week.

Elliot Ward is on the list of defenders but there are other CB targets ahead of him.

Reminder that Ramage is on trial and Lorentzon is back from injury soon.

shmmeee

Get Bigi and Rose in and DM looks well covered. Up top I'd like to see George Thomas get near the first team but we do need pace for when Murphy isn't on his game.

Defensively we need a CB, but beyond that I think we are OK once Lorentzson is fit.

crowsnest

So rumours from Ryton is that TM is looking at defenders and midfielders in the transfer window.

Wants another attacking winger to replace Kent, Bigi on a perm. Remember Rose will be joining next week.

Elliot Ward is on the list of defenders but there are other CB targets ahead of him.

Reminder that Ramage is on trial and Lorentzon is back from injury soon.

Rose got married in the USA yesterday, honeymoon in coventry?

covcity4life

Weird he wants to replace Kent when Kent was a replacement for Madders.

He proved to be different though. Was a replacement in number only

He always played wide and Maddison plays in middle. We have madz cole and Murphy for number 10

But out wide we only have JMurphy with pace

Lameires cole and Obrien with trickery or workrate

I will be chuft if TM brings some pace in for the wings to replace kent.we cannot leavw anything to chance this season. Let's cover all bases

oakey

I will be amazed if TM doesn't bring in 2 more defenders on top of what is already here.

covcity4life

We have lorentzken to come yet so rb we have 3 options

So with willis back in feb I would say we need 1 cb

1 fast winger to replace Kent

Nothibg in cm if we keep Bigi . We have rose too of course plus Thomas and vincelot.

And 1 striker as back up for arma I guess. A Dominic Samuel perhaps

I think Rcc is one of best keepers in league 1 so happy to continue with him and burge.

Looks like we are just 2 or 3 signings away from a complete squad. Exciting

shmmeee

He proved to be different though. Was a replacement in number only

He always played wide and Maddison plays in middle. We have madz cole and Murphy for number 10

But out wide we only have JMurphy with pace

Lameires cole and Obrien with trickery or workrate

I will be chuft if TM brings some pace in for the wings to replace kent.we cannot leavw anything to chance this season. Let's cover all bases

I get the impression TM thinks less in terms of position and more in terms of qualities they bring to the side, in that respect Kent was our replacement for someone with a bit of skill who can go past a man and take him out the game.

I'd agree that some pace would be nice though, just worry about holding back Lameiras and G Thomas who I think deserve to be around the squad, not to mention JOB who would be the first name on my team sheet each week.

How about another quick striker? That'd do the job, no?

shmmeee

I will be amazed if TM doesn't bring in 2 more defenders on top of what is already here.

If Willis is back in Feb, it'd be a waste. 1 CB is all we need IMO, maybe a short term loan a la Turner to plug the gap until then.

SlowerThanPlatt

The links so far have been (may not be reliable just what I've seen):

Unlikely:
Reuben Reid (not got the money they would want)

Sean St Ledger (recently signed a new contract with his MLS team)

Jay Simpson (would want a decent fee and pretty poor goal scoring record at a higher level)

Possible:

Carlos Moreira, Hereford youngster, attacking midfielder. Was on trial a few months back (http://m.herefordtimes.com/sport/11...players_attracting_attention_of_clubs/?ref=mr)

Jack Munns, Cheltenham midfielder, 22 years old, 8 goals and 11 assists so far. Was at Tottenham so possibly been reccomended like Lameiras was.

mrtrench

That story on Moreira is nearly a year old. I think we can assume that he didn't pass the trial.

covcity4life

g thomas is 1 for future it seems from every mowbray interview. but also a guy TM rates. if we dont replace kent he will probably get a few more run outs this seasn

as for ST-we have sambou worse comes to worse i guess.

SlowerThanPlatt

Mustapha Carayol sent back to Boro by Huddersfield. I know Mowbray said he was out of our reach originally but with the increased attendances we might have a chance of getting him.

Users who are viewing this thread