Match Thread Oldham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Feel turnbull and harries bit unlucky to not keep their places. They grew into the game on Tuesday and really battled well. Haven't been the biggest fan of turnbull to date but he had his best game by far.

PUSB

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

RCC deserves a run Burge took his chance but recent performances left himself open to being dropped.

Would have started Turnbull over Rawson (Turnbull's best performance for us the other night)

Harsh on DKE but not surprised Slade has reverted to his 'league' back 4.

Otis

Otis just read the match thread after the game...Ive done that before without knowing the result
Yeah, was thinking that, but quite often people will come on here and out GOOOAAAL!!!!!

....to Arsenal.

Grrrrr!!!!! Lots of false info put out at times. :(

Grendel

It really doesn't matter whose in defence - the squad has a dearth of goal scorers.

Samo

Still nothing up front, we'd better keep a clean sheet.

lifeskyblue

It really doesn't matter whose in defence - the squad has a dearth of goal scorers.

That's true but today we need to concede none so that a single lucky goal to us off tudgay's a** would be enough. But yes if we are to escape relegation we need a front line capable of scoring.

PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

So he's using Rose out wide? Foley (DKE mom on Tuesday?) with Rose in front of him - can anybody see attacks being developed through that? That said, if the pitch makes it a war of attrition maybe we just need a few battlers today. May the football gods smile on us.

Otis

Two points.

1. Ghadzhev finally needs to be the player we expected him to be. This is his moment today, right now!

Poor effort from him this season. Has shown very little and this could be his last ever game for us unless he truly shows what he is capable of.

2. Folivi. This tiny, niggling, totally non serious, simple little injury that he has. How many months is he going to be out with it for?

It's getting ridiculous. Tudgay was shot of energy on Tuesday, totally sapped. He's now 34.

We need goals and yet today we are reliant on a 19 year old who has spent just about all season on the wing and a 34 year old striker, with a terrible goals to game ratio, who is right at the end of his career.

Today is a must win. Doesn't bode well.

no_loyalty

So glad RCC is the chosen one, nice to see K.Thomas on the bench, let's hope he can stay fit and chip in with a few goals

lifeskyblue

Two points.

1. Ghadzhev finally needs to be the player we expected him to be. This is his moment today, right now!

Poor effort from him and this could be his last ever game for us.

2. Folivi. This tiny, niggling, totally non serious, simple little injury that he has. How many months is he going to be out with it for?

It's getting ridiculous. Tudgay was shot of energy on Tuesday, totally sapped. He's now 34.

We need goals and yet today we are reliant on a 19 year old who has spent just about all season on the wing and a 34 year old striker, with a terrible goals to game ratio, who is right at the end of his career.

Today is a must win. Doesn't bode well.

Absolutely right on both points. Ghadzhev just hasn't delivered at all. He needs now to show why he was a champions league player and needs to contribute to this team.
If folivi out for another couple games and we lose both he should be sent back. There will be no escape and we should therefore blood our youngsters not other teams. As for tudgay he played well on Tuesday but was shot well before the end. Hopefully he can give 60mins today....but then what?

PUSB

Otis

Absolutely right on both points. Ghadzhev just hasn't delivered at all. He needs now to show why he was a champions league player and needs to contribute to this team.
If folivi out for another couple games and we lose both he should be sent back. There will be no escape and we should therefore blood our youngsters not other teams. As for tudgay he played well on Tuesday but was shot well before the end. Hopefully he can give 60mins today....but then what?

PUSB
Kwame Thomas by the looks of it.

If he comes on expect him to go off again this a pulled muscle after about 10 mins.

After so long out he cannot be anywhere near to match fitness.

lifeskyblue

Kwame Thomas by the looks of it.

If he comes on expect him to go off again this a pulled muscle after about 10 mins.

After so long out he cannot be anywhere near to match fitness.

I think you meant seconds not minutes.

PUSB

stevefloyd

I am not holding out much hope for a win today, can't see where the goals are going to come from...Tudgay had a decent 1st half on Tuesday but the rest of the game he was fucking shite...no goal threat from him at all.. George scored a great goal lets hope that any chance that comes his way goes his way and he has a scoring spree... can't see it but footballs a funny old game as someone once said...As for Bambi hmmmmmmmmmm keeps the physios warm running on and off the pitch

SkyBlueSoul

Not sure about Vlad in the middle. Even against Brighton's u-21's he couldn't control the middle, constantly passing to anyone but a teammate and losing possession

shmmeee

Interesting team, is that 442 with Rose out right or 433?

And where the hell is Fovili?

Otis just read the match thread after the game...Ive done that before without knowing the result

This is my favourite way to catch up on a game. Often I have to stop paying attention half way through to go and do something else and I love reading through the match thread and getting the feeling of the game.

SIR ERNIE

Shaky at the back, weak up front. Just can't see beyond a home win I'm afraid.

Oldham/Luton/Dover £40 treble.

Rory83

We're winning and winning well today. 4-1 to City. I'm the most negative fecker going, now it might just be the cider but I'm feeling confident of a season turning result. Trust me, a good win and we'll go on a little run. I don't think we were dreadful against Millwall, they just had better options than us on the day.

trevelfarandwide

Personally I always favour a winning team, ironically, and I'd have liked to have seen a positive first 11 today; tactics don't warrant the changes made by RS, since we don't rely on tactics these days. This doesn't bode well, it smacks of fear on Slade's part and at best we may get a 0-0 or a 1-1 today.

Just don't see positivity in this team, no confidence either, and the changes made to the team that beat Wycombe will affect the players too.

Can't see a win today, even though it's poxy Oldham. 1-0 to them. Hope I'm wrong, one win will send their confidence skywards. PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread