Paulo Di Canio (1 Viewer)

He resigned because his position became untenable as he was made a 'number of broken promises' by the board.....Jesus.. it would be like a revolving door if he came here......in-round and out....

Couldn't have said it better .

ohitsaidwalker king power

BBC reports...
Paolo Di Canio quits as manager of Swindon

Paolo Di Canio has resigned as manager of League One side Swindon.
The 44-year-old was set to quit last week because of off-the-field events, including the sale of Matt Richie.
But the ex-West Ham forward said he would have stayed on had the Football League agreed to the purchase of the club by new owners by 1700 GMT.
He said: "I've been told approval has not been granted yet and therefore my temporary arrangement has ended and my resignation stands."

I don't want to trivialise Swindon's plight.. but they got nowt on us....

Otis

He needs to come here. He needs a board who can give him assurances

Assurances?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BackRoomRummermill

Met Di Canio in 2001 at an airport lounge in Catania , sat chatting to him for a couple of hours and we were on the same connecting flight via Rome.

Totally decent guy and talked of Cov as they just been relegated, he was ok then so i supose Ok now .

Brighton Sky Blue

BBC reports...
Paolo Di Canio quits as manager of Swindon

Paolo Di Canio has resigned as manager of League One side Swindon.
The 44-year-old was set to quit last week because of off-the-field events, including the sale of Matt Richie.
But the ex-West Ham forward said he would have stayed on had the Football League agreed to the purchase of the club by new owners by 1700 GMT.
He said: "I've been told approval has not been granted yet and therefore my temporary arrangement has ended and my resignation stands."

I don't want to trivialise Swindon's plight.. but they got nowt on us....

They overspent to get promoted-we overspent and got relegated.

Before pedants say 'We were on a shoestring last season', we still ran up millions in losses!

Diehard Si

haha, if he quit Swindon due to them not being taken over in a week would he really come to a club that makes Swindon look like a well run club?

He's too hot headed for us anyway, we need someone a bit more dependable.

So its a bad fit both ways.

philmcc

He was drooling over our squad earlier this season, i reckon he wants a bit of us ;)

Last edited:

Covstu

I sooo knew someone would post this! He left because Swindon sold his best player, we do this on a regular basis so why would he want to come here!!!! The right man just left for Preston!

Mucca Mad Boys

As much as I hate this Fascist pig... He's the only good manager unemployed, reluctantly... Sign him up.

SkyBlueRuffian

Di Canio has also been linked to Leeds and West Ham, so it depends on whether he thinks he's ready to boss the big boys?

AFCCOVENTRY

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can you honestly see Di Canio working with SISU?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

AFCCOVENTRY

Clarke would be a happy boy...

[video=youtube;otbpOUx1ZF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbpOUx1ZF8[/video]

Mucca Mad Boys

Can you honestly see Di Canio working with SISU?

Yeah, I do.

Board have backed their managers this season, he had good things to say about our players, we're a big club, who knows.

I don't think he'll go to West Ham, Adkins would be the best shout for them IMO. Leeds could get him, again, Adkins and Coyle I'd imagine would be higher up on the 'wish list'.

Users who are viewing this thread