Pete from Stivicale yet again (1 Viewer)

cloughie

This man comes on the phone almost every week and talks SHIT just his opinion of course
Now he is telling us that he knows better than the Jimmy Hill Family who gave there blessing to use the name the Jimmy Hill Way for protests.
Yet he proclaims that's not what Jimmy would have wanted even though he admitted he never knew the man,,,,,,,, The delusion continues

RFC

This man comes on the phone almost every week and talks SHIT just his opinion of course
Now he is telling us that he knows better than the Jimmy Hill Family who gave there blessing to use the name the Jimmy Hill Way for protests.
Yet he proclaims that's not what Jimmy would have wanted even though he admitted he never knew the man,,,,,,,, The delusion continues

That's just the way you interpreted it but I can assure you, that's NOT WHAT HE SAID.

Captain Dart

cloughie

I take it it's about the phone in? What's being said?
yes the phone in and tonights finale was self opinionated pete who think he speaks for the majority and Jimmy Hill , but sadly deluded speaks only for himself

cloughie

What was said?
Not quoting but basically said they have no right to use the Jimmy Hill name to protest he would not approve. when pointed out that the family approved he said yes but Jimmy made mistakes etc etc descended into waffle

Bob Latchford

Not quoting but basically said they have no right to use the Jimmy Hill name to protest he would not approve. when pointed out that the family approved he said yes but Jimmy made mistakes etc etc descended into waffle
He does seem to have a teutonic arrogance about him .

Nick

Administrator

Which protests though?

Agree that some methods he wouldn't, others he would. Hard to say without knowing what he meant.

skybluetony176

Which protests though?

Agree that some methods he wouldn't, others he would. Hard to say without knowing what he meant.

Which ones wouldn't he agree with? That have been arranged by a supporters group that use his name that is.

Nick

Administrator
Which ones wouldn't he agree with? That have been arranged by a supporters group that use his name that is.

Probably the pitch invasion on the same minute as meant to be remembering him or the blowing whistles stuff.

Marches, sit ins and the non disruptive to game stuff is different.

Grendel

What protests have been done by that group? So many groups - what is the Jimmy Hill Way anyway and how many members are there?

Irish Sky Blue

Probably the pitch invasion on the same minute as meant to be remembering him or the blowing whistles stuff.

Having lived through the Jimmy Hill era, heard the things he said and seen the way he operated, I think he would have approved of the passion that some fans are showing in trying to save their (his) club from a duplicitous organisation that has no feeling for CCFC and have in fact used it as a pawn in their failed plan to gain the Ricoh. I think he would have recognised that it is only the more extreme protests that actually seem to rattle Fisher and friends. It's a real shame that we have no one with the high profile he had to champion our cause in the media.

Grendel

Having lived through the Jimmy Hill era, heard the things he said and seen the way he operated, I think he would have approved of the passion that some fans are showing in trying to save their (his) club from a duplicitous organisation that has no feeling for CCFC and have in fact used it as a pawn in their failed plan to gain the Ricoh. I think he would have recognised that it is only the more extreme protests that actually seem to rattle Fisher and friends. It's a real shame that we have no one with the high profile he had to champion our cause in the media.

I don't agree

Bob Latchford

Keys ,Gaunt ;)

Bob Latchford

cloughie

Which protests though?

not to hard to work out which protests, the ones done in the the jimmy Hill way/ but I suspect pete meant any protests against sisu regarding his history

tisza

I did know jimmy hill. he would have approved of protests etc but not those that actually interfered with the football on the pitch.

letsallsingtogether

But they never organised the pitch invasion however did do the Shef Utd whistles protest.
Oh and as for disrupting games wasn't it JH who was organising football strikes as a trade unionist?
So I am sure he would have agreed.

Nick

Administrator
But they never organised the pitch invasion however did do the Shef Utd whistles protest.
Oh and as for disrupting games wasn't it JH who was organising football strikes as a trade unionist?
So I am sure he would have agreed.

What about the witch photoshop that looked like a child did it in MS paint?

Grendel

Hold the front page. Grendull in doesn't agree with criticism of SISU shocker.

More like Tony the stalker jumps in again and completely misses the point.

skybluetony176

Having worked under a progressive forward thinking willing to invest board and owners I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that he'd understand fully the frustrations of our fan base (well most of us) and the fact that we feel the need to take extreme action (well most of us) to fight for our club. He was a union leader who threatened strike action if something didn't change after all.

Users who are viewing this thread