Match Thread Peterboro. v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 31st Dec (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

I entered a 2-1 defeat in the Prediction league. It's difficult to see us winning any game at present.
I'd go with Sordell and McBean up top but I doubt McBean will play for us again.

Gazolba

We seem to struggle as to where to play Andy Rose. <snip>.
It's simple, just ask him where he prefers to play! Of course, that concept is probably beyond any CCFC manager.

higgs

I don't want to sound pessimistic but after getting a hammering off the mighty Bristol rovers I really can see where the next 3 pts are coming from what a disgrace

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Paxman II

0-2
Slade has the unit all week to work with. If he has any decent credentials he should be able to pick them up for a new beginning. If we score first I can imagine we go on and play with a bit of renewed optimism and maybe snatch a second late on. The posh are not as good as some are saying.

higgs

0-2
Slade has the unit all week to work with. If he has any decent credentials he should be able to pick them up for a new beginning. If we score first I can imagine we go on and play with a bit of renewed optimism and maybe snatch a second late on. The posh are not as good as some are saying.
22/1

ccfcway

Sadly, I always put it as CCFC first :(

if only our owners did

4-1

what do I know though, if it was me, id go crazy and play the left footed winger Jones on the left wing an try Reid on the left, give them something to think about

--------------RCC--------------
Page--Willis--Turnbull--Sterry
---------Bigi---McCann---------
Reid-----------------------Jones
---------Agyei-----Sordell------

Last edited:

Paxman II

if only our owners did

4-1

what do I know though, if it was me, id go crazy and play the left footed winger Jones on the left wing an try Reid on the left, give them something to think about

Page--Willis--Turnbull--Sterry
---------Bigi---McCann---------
Reid-----------------------Jones
---------Agyei-----Sordell------

The changes for me would be:

.........RCC............
Page...Willis...Stokes....Haynes
.............McCann..........
.......Stevenson.....Bigi
.............Rose.........
......Sordell.....Jones

ccfchoi87

Burge
Sterry Willis Harries Turnbull
Rose Stevenson Bigi Mccann
Mcbean Sordell

IMO this would be our most solid team but might lack a bit of steel through the middle. I would probably add Reid or Jones on the left and push Mccann inside with Thomas to start over mcbean. Not many loan players and would allow our own players to develop. If I was to pick a team to go out and win and play some nice football it would be...

RCC
Sterry Willis Harries Haynes
Stevenson Bigi
Lamerais Thomas Reid
Sordell

From trying to pick these teams I've realised we are desperate for a right midfielder as ideally I'd want lamerais no.10 because I believed technically he's our most gifted attacker. If we signed a top quality striker I wouldn't mind seeing sordell wide right. There's not much to choose from between Jones and Reid. Both are exciting without actually contributing anything but I think they at least can scare teams at times so one should always play.

letsallsingtogether

First new year game I am not attending in God knows how many years can't take the shit anymore.
Hope we win or another shit New Years party ahead. :(

JeffB

We have a pretty good record against Peterborough! However that was when we had players who could play the game. Can't see us scoring. Can't see them not scoring. In other words we are knackered.3 nil to Peterborough.

Cov kid 55

Wasting my time off on NYE by attending a second inevitable, painful defeat. Plus I'm sitting in the home end with a Posh fan, an experience I am already dreading. Yesterday was another low point in a long list of seemingly never ending debacles.

One thing is for sure, with the squad containing its current personnel we are doomed. We need a new goalkeeper, 2 new full backs, a commanding centre half, an all round midfielder and at least one striker. Of the eleven that started yesterday, only Burge and Reid were half decent but the latter's final ball was often woeful. Bigi right mid was never going to work, the middle of the park were carved open time and time again with Page, Turnbull and Sterry guilty of some quite shocking defending. As the 3rd and 4th goals went in, my anger appeared to disappear. I'm just feeling numb about everything associated with the club right now, something I never thought I would hear myself saying.

Posh should have no problem in picking us off and claiming an easy 3 points. I'm going for a 3-0 victory and another wasted trip for the die hards.

Good for you for going and I expect still supporting the team through the really tough times. I hope you're proved wrong and we put on a performance and get a result for the faithful. PUSB

johnwillomagic

Would like us to go 4-4-2 and play our most experienced and robust team whilst also trying to give them something to think about down the flanks.
Arguably Ageyi stronger than Tudguy up top but from games I've seen for a big guy he does not put it about.

Team
RCC GK
Sterry RB
Willis CB
Turnbull CB
Page LB
Jones RW
Reid LW
Rose CM
McCann CM
Tudguy ST
Sordell ST

Subs: Burge, DKE, Harries, Bigi. Lameiras, G,Thomas, Ageyi

Cov kid 55

0-2

Agree, crucial we score first and then hold the lead. I think we can win here

Astute

I have a plan.

Sneak onto the team coach. Change the satnav to somewhere like Yeovil. Hopefully by the time they notice it would be too late and the game gets abandoned. And by the time the game gets rearranged we have new players that know how to play football. We then win 4-2.

Warwickhunt

I thought Stokes was out on the grass now? How much longer before we see him back in the squad, he has actually been out longer with his injury than a cruciate knee job?

higgs

Must be a career threatening injury if he's out this long might be the end of the lad

ccfcway

Must be a career threatening injury if he's out this long might be the end of the lad

Wouldnt have thought so. More likely a small bid has gone in for him to move in Jan.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sterry--Willis--Harries--Haynes
----------Bigi---McCann---------
Rose-----Lameiras----------Reid
-------------Sordell---------------

stupot07

---------------either
Sterry-willis-turnbull-page
Rose-stevenson-mccan-reid
---------sordell-thomas

Keeper - toss a coin
Page - because I think Haynes is injured
Turbull - hes shit but its unfair to lob Harries in
Bigi - due a rest and Stevenson's had one
Rose - right footer on the right and will attack balls at the back stick.
Thomas - deserves his chance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

The result gets me down for a bit, it used to ruin my week but now I can shake it off after an hour or so depending on if I go to the game or if it's a long journey back

Covrock

Wouldn't be surprised if we win. 3/1 win. 12/1 to win 1-0.
Previously upto xmas we have played well and then, well we know the rest. This season has been shit, hopefully it will be reversed and we come good. Please God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, I love you all. Let it happen.

Paxman II

Wouldn't be surprised if we win. 3/1 win. 12/1 to win 1-0.
Previously upto xmas we have played well and then, well we know the rest. This season has been shit, hopefully it will be reversed and we come good. Please God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, I love you all. Let it happen.
...what about atheist?

Captain Dart

RegTheDonk

One of our lads needs to virtually climb inside Tom Nichols shorts, keep him quiet, he's a bit of a fan fave.

Users who are viewing this thread