Match Thread Peterboro. v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 31st Dec (1 Viewer)

JeffB

Peterborough are looking forward to a game against a competitive team which we are all proud to represent the city.....so we are sending Coventry ladies

clint van damme

rupert_bear

Can't score goals and concede plenty recipe for disaster, I know it's been said a number of times before just what pocessed Tony Mowbray AND Mark Venus to bring this collective dross to the club. Do they especially Venus really sit back satisfied with what they have done ? Can't see anything more than a loss but to make things worse we need players, plural, in tomorrow ready for the Bolton match Monday or we'll get another trouncing

phildownunder

Kick off for me is 11pm. Last few games I`ve switched off and gone to bed by half time.

Never been too fussed about seeing the new year in and afraid I may well be asleep by the time this one comes in.

flipflops

Can't score goals and concede plenty recipe for disaster, I know it's been said a number of times before just what pocessed Tony Mowbray AND Mark Venus to bring this collective dross to the club. Do they especially Venus really sit back satisfied with what they have done ? Can't see anything more than a loss but to make things worse we need players, plural, in tomorrow ready for the Bolton match Monday or we'll get another trouncing

Sterry will be a loss, he puts in a real shift. Page has been shocking recently. McCann had some decent games but has switched off with Venus in charge and has his head focussed on enjoying the USA. McBean kept himself fit but we've seen so little of him... if not Page then Haynes deserves another go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete in Portugal

We seem to struggle as to where to play Andy Rose. He is very energetic and wins most things in the air. Would it be worth trying him up top with Sordell to play off him Defend from the front, and he will get on the end of crosses.

I agree - we've nothing to lose by trying Rose upfront with Sordell as long as they get decent service from the wide players. We can't defend, so we need to get some goals from somewhere.

Otis

Rose up front? Don't get that at all. We have enough options up front. The obvious combination if we are ditching Tudgay is to play George Thomas alongside Sordell.

Would much rather we play people in their natural positions rather than have us tinker and play players out of position in the hope that it somehow works.

Nick

Administrator
Rose up front? Don't get that at all. We have enough options up front. The obvious combination if we are ditching Tudgay is to play George Thomas alongside Sordell.

Would much rather we play people in their natural positions rather than have us tinker and play players out of position in the hope that it somehow works.

Bet Rose has a better goals per minute ratio ;)

Otis

And if so he has done that from midfield. He has never played striker to my knowledge.

Haven't we spent all season moaning about playing players out of position?

Pete in Portugal

Yes there are plenty of options up front. The trouble is that they're all crap! I think George Thomas has the potential to be a decent player one day. But he's more of a no. 10 who plays behind the main striker. I believe we need some physicality and height alongside Sordell and so would take a gamble and play Rose there in preference to GT.

skybluejelly

hopefully slade has had a bit more time to get his methods across now..we need a win for some confidence ..I am hopeful for a one nil win ..but would settle for a draw..setting off in about an hour so fingers crossed

Sky Blue Harry H

And if so he has done that from midfield. He has never played striker to my knowledge.

Haven't we spent all season moaning about playing players out of position?

Thought it might be a tactic where Rose won headers and we could feed off knock downs. Especially if we play wingers?

Terry Gibson's perm

3v0 defeat even the consolation goals will dry up, when can I put Slade out on my messages;)

trevelfarandwide

Huge gap between us and Peterborough, their form is stable, and ours is the worst in the league...I simply can't see anything but another battering, sadly.

3-0/3-1 Peterborough. One more nail to the coffin.

shmmeee

I've got a weird feeling we are going to click and smash them today. Don't know why and probably wildly wrong.

Nick

Administrator
50p at 200/1 is an easy way to get £ 100.50 ;)

Watch it be 4-1 or 6-1 now, or even a 5-2.

This moment of optimism is probably going to go in about 2 or 3 minutes so I am going to milk it.

trevelfarandwide

Really don't, but Im getting 5-1.

Self-medicating by sniffing glue isn't the best, mate, I'm trying to give up too. ;-)

Kingokings204

We will lose but it's by how many. 2-0 posh. A goal in each half.

Until we can bring in players then forget it.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we were playing a top level side (Prem etc), being organised wouldn't be enough to get a result 99 times out of 100 with our current group; however, being organised, well set up and with the correct attitude ought to get us something on a fairly regular basis at this level (yes, we will still lose some). I'm hoping Slade can sort this out (although those about to leave may have their heads elsewhere - particularly if we go behind). We need the changeover of players asap

johnwillomagic

Have we ever played 4-4-2 this season with our two most experienced pros of Sordell and Tudguy up front together?
I don't think we have and cannot believe it!! Come on boys let's do ourselves proud today.

Sick Boy

He was better than Turnball, without doubt! Come back Malaga. All I forgiven (althought to be fair I thought you looked alright first time round)

He is currently playing in the fourth tier of French football. I wonder who those PL teams who were desperate to sign him were?

covmark

Can't see anything other than another miserable defeat.
3-0 posh

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

3-0 defeat with the team drifting through the game with the uncertainty of January's coming and goings hanging over them. Stevenson sitting on the bench all game fuelling the 'already sold' speculation. Turnbull's most useful contribution being finally getting the bit of almond from between his teeth that has been bugging him since he ate his Christmas Pudding.

torchomatic

Any team news yet? And on an unrelated match, is it 3pm on Monday? Could be my last of the season. Not sure if I'm lucky or not.

Nick

Administrator
Any team news yet? And on an unrelated match, is it 3pm on Monday? Could be my last of the season. Not sure if I'm lucky or not.

Yeah I think it is 3PM.

Does that mean your lad can't go :( Shame as I know he genuinely does love CCFC!

Users who are viewing this thread