Players out of contract (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think we will be replacing as many as people want on here, its all about money and if we try to replace the whole back line we start next season trying to get them up to speed with the 'Robins' way

Playing everyone onside?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just letting Jodie Jones go would be ridiculous extending his contract a year on the same terms has to be the sensible thing to do and having a year option would protect the club to a degree. I think the lad has an uphill battle I don’t doubt his ability and potential but coming back from a three year absence is a tough ask but worth another twelve months to see how he goes.

You think it'd be ridiculous to not extend the contract of a player who been out injured for the best part of three years, had three really serious injuries to a part of his body that are integral to his style of play and hasn't really been tested above L2 level?

steve101

I would keep:
Fadz, Hyam, Kelly and Biamou
But the rest are not good enough (barring Jodi as he is untested) If it is possible a pay as you play option probably is the best option for Jodi
I agree with the above. Hopefully Jodi Jones will be back before the end of the season to show what he can do. Realistically though he will need a lot longer so I hope the club give him the opportunity. He is someone with special talent and, longer term ambassador qualities.

Garryb80

I agree with the above. Hopefully Jodi Jones will be back before the end of the season to show what he can do. Realistically though he will need a lot longer so I hope the club give him the opportunity. He is someone with special talent and, longer term ambassador qualities.
Translates as good in league 2 and replies to fans on social media. 3 knee injuries sadly mean he isnt worth the risk

Grendel

Ambassador qualities - is he the next Henry Kissinger? Dear me

Paul O Donoghue

Shipley came on today and took possession on the left, fresh legs with the opportunity to take on his man, but no, lazy early ball that amounted to fuck all. Hugely disappointing and he has slipped down the pecking order big time recently. Jamie Allen not too far behind him either.

Sick Boy

Shipley came on today and took possession on the left, fresh legs with the opportunity to take on his man, but no, lazy early ball that amounted to fuck all. Hugely disappointing and he has slipped down the pecking order big time recently. Jamie Allen not too far behind him either.
Allen is one of the few players in the squad with Championship experience and has done well recently.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Shipley though has been shocking since we made the step up to the Championship its like he is a whole different player because last season he was one of my favourites to watch

stevefloyd

I didn't think Allen was particularly good today but to be fair to him he is probably not match sharp again because of how he is used but at least he gets stuck in and did have a possible chance of scoring if it had been passed to him, can't remember who from though

larry_david

Shipley is hiding. Fact. Don goodman said it, he's just come on. 3 against 3 and instead of stepping up and attempting something he chickened out and played a shite 30 yard ball out of play.

His confidence must be absolutely shot but if needs to try otherwise might as well not bother. The space that was oppeninng up end to end bapaga surely would have been an option

cc84cov

Shipley is hiding. Fact. Don goodman said it, he's just come on. 3 against 3 and instead of stepping up and attempting something he chickened out and played a shite 30 yard ball out of play.

His confidence must be absolutely shot but if needs to try otherwise might as well not bother. The space that was oppeninng up end to end bapaga surely would have been an option
We can all see it former pros can see it...

So why doesn’t robins see it ?

Marty

I'd only offer deal to Hyam, Fadz & Kelly. In reality, if we are to progress, they should all be looking at dropping down into backup rolls. If we can sign Ostigard, I still think we need at least 1 more centre back.

I wouldn't offer Jones a new deal, mainly as he now hasn't played regularly for 3 and a half years and we'd probably have to loan him out for half a season/season at the level below to get him up to speed and get the confidence back into his body.

We lack pace through the side, especially in the final third.

Legia Sky Blue

I'd only offer deal to Hyam, Fadz & Kelly. In reality, if we are to progress, they should all be looking at dropping down into backup rolls. If we can sign Ostigard, I still think we need at least 1 more centre back.

I wouldn't offer Jones a new deal, mainly as he now hasn't played regularly for 3 and a half years and we'd probably have to loan him out for half a season/season at the level below to get him up to speed and get the confidence back into his body.

We lack pace through the side, especially in the final third.

Not saying I necessarily disagree with releasing Jones, happy to leave that to MR & the medical team. The only thing I'd say is that Jones does give the team the potential pace down the middle that you've noted it currently lacks, given that before the season started he was being prepped for exactly that role. Giving him a cheapish contract could save the club a lot of money trying to find that elusive player. Guess a lot might depend on what league we end up in.

cc84cov

I thought he was our weakest player but I dont mean that as a slight on him because he played his part well
Match sharpness showed at times it’s his work off the ball which robins wanted yesterday he was box to box at times

stupot07

Biamou is a League 1 squad player yet some are clamouring for him to be offered a new deal.
People are saying bring in a new striker, one who is better than godden and walker and keep biamou on low wages for 4th choice for a team that only plays 1 up front.

We play 4 midfielders, after sheaf, Kelly, hamer and o'hare..we have Shipley and Allen.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

People are saying bring in a new striker, one who is better than godden and walker and keep biamou on low wages for 4th choice for a team that only plays 1 up front.

We play 4 midfielders, after sheaf, Kelly, hamer and o'hare..we have Shipley and Allen.

haven’t we signed a 4th choice striker from Rochdale

Grendel

I thought he was more a winger/attacking midfielder in a similar mould of jone, bapaga

We also have no idea if Godden will be able to recover sufficiently - I’ve never known any club consider a 30 year old as a 4th choice striker as opposed to a development player and continuing that by renewing a contract - have you?

Users who are viewing this thread