Pre-Season Italian job!! (1 Viewer)

Astute

You forgot to take the EU plug adaptor too? I have :( sucks having no phone!

Brought 3 adapters. Also have car chargers. Bottle of wine got spilt on phone :D Have taken wife's phone off her so back online.

Does anyone know exactly where this game tomorrow is? I thought it is in trentino but Frapalin says San Zino. Knowing my luck I will end up hundreds of miles away. If it is where I think it will be like a home game for me. round trip of about 500 miles

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Brought 3 adapters. Also have car chargers. Bottle of wine got spilt on phone :D Have taken wife's phone off her so back online.

Does anyone know exactly where this game tomorrow is? I thought it is in trentino but Frapalin says San Zino. Knowing my luck I will end up hundreds of miles away. If it is where I think it will be like a home game for me. round trip of about 500 miles

Official said in their official statement "City will then face Italian Serie A side Chievo Verona on Wednesday, July 23rd, with kick-off at 6pm local time (5pm UK time), at the Sanzeno di Montagna stadium, Trentino"

If it is a 500 mile round trip, make sure you make yourself known to Andy a Turner so he can run a second 'fan' article in the CET. That will be some doing. Fair play!

Astute

I googled the stadium and nothing came up.

500 mile round trip is quite low for me for an away game. I normally do nearly that to get to Coventry then get on a supporters coach with the lads. The big thing for me is that it will be my 4 year old lads first game. And in bloody Italy as well. I have never seen us play in Europe before. Trying to work out if he is lucky or not.......

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I googled the stadium and nothing came up.

500 mile round trip is quite low for me for an away game. I normally do nearly that to get to Coventry then get on a supporters coach with the lads. The big thing for me is that it will be my 4 year old lads first game. And in bloody Italy as well. I have never seen us play in Europe before. Trying to work out if he is lucky or not.......

I couldn't find much when I tried looking either. Probably another back of a hotel jobby like one of the games last year :)

Atleast it's not a late kick off for the little ones to have to struggle to stay awake for

frapalin

Frapalin can you explain what an 'Italian League select 11' is?

I think is a roster with 11 players from Italian football tournament; but I'm sure that are not players from SERIE A, but I think they are players selected from the lower levels teams only for this game. Players that are not knowed from the people, not famous players. This is what I think.

CJ_covblaze

Got the 21.10 to Calais. Did the 30 miles in France and now in Belgium. Around 15 miles since we past Bruges. Great to see GB plated BMW's still hog the middle lane here too.

skyblusam

copy San Zeno di Montagna, Verona, Italy into google maps just go down a little from the A and left a bit and you will find the football pitch. Not what i would call a stadium. If you street view to the car park you get a better view.

Last edited:

Astute

Got the 21.10 to Calais. Did the 30 miles in France and now in Belgium. Around 15 miles since we past Bruges. Great to see GB plated BMW's still hog the middle lane here too.

Make sure you stop for fuel in Luxembourg. Paid half the price there for both my gas and petrol. Cigarettes 200 for 20 euros. They sell baccy by the bucket :D service station just after you go over the border

Astute

Yes, is in San Zeno di Montagna, near Verona. Tickets price 5 euros.
Thanks for your help. Will meet you outside the ground. You will easily see my car. It is twice the size of most cars in Italy. Will let you know on here when I have arrived

CJ_covblaze

Thanks for the tip Astute. Been through Luxembourg and we're near Strasbourg atm. Germany (not much of it) and Switzerland next. We've been on the road for just over 12 hours. Only 450 miles to go!

Astute

Thanks for the tip Astute. Been through Luxembourg and we're near Strasbourg atm. Germany (not much of it) and Switzerland next. We've been on the road for just over 12 hours. Only 450 miles to go!

Sounds like you are taking the same route as we took. No road tolls until Italy. If we would have gone the direct route through France it would have cost us 146€

Have you got your tax disc to drive through Switzerland? Got ours before we left. Got waved straight through at the border.

Diesel about 1.60 a litre and petrol about 1.80 in Italy. Fill up before you get here. We are running on LPG. About 75c a litre. Saved hundreds already. The way to go when you have a 3.3 v6 engine :D

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Sounds like you are taking the same route as we took. No road tolls until Italy. If we would have gone the direct route through France it would have cost us 146€

Have you got your tax disc to drive through Switzerland? Got ours before we left. Got waved straight through at the border.

Diesel about 1.60 a litre and petrol about 1.80 in Italy. Fill up before you get here. We are running on LPG. About 75c a litre. Saved hundreds already. The way to go when you have a 3.3 v6 engine :D

Got the disk. Thought it'd be a lot more tbh. Been through Basel. Looks very industrial. Will be here again in a few weeks for the Switzerland game.

Astute

Looks like it is going to be hot today. Not a cloud in the sky. Sitting here in just shorts and feel like having a beer or few.

Astute

Hope there is some shade for my lad. 31 degrees and rising. Been overcast most of the time until now. Don't think this is going to be fun having to keep lad cool. Got to go though as he is excited.

At least the game shouldn't be rained off :D

Astute

We are just leaving now. See everyone there in about 4 hours

PUSB

Astute

Think I am at the right place. Just arrived. Game going on of some sort. Place is on top of a mountain :D

Not going to plan. Lost my gas adaptor first fill up. Running on petrol. Road tolls just over 40€ and lad snoring away :)

Astute

Frapalin and an inter supporting mate have arrived so in the right place. The SBA are here :D

CJ_covblaze

Think I am at the right place. Just arrived. Game going on of some sort. Place is on top of a mountain :D

Not going to plan. Lost my gas adaptor first fill up. Running on petrol. Road tolls just over 40€ and lad snoring away :)

Is it the address on the club site? Looks like a field from Apple Maps. We'll be there in an hour. Spent the day in Milan. What a waste of time. Complete dive from what we saw.

Astute

Telegraph is here. Talking to our Italian fans and me n my lad. Will take pics.

Yes looks like a field but is on top of a hill

CJ_covblaze

Telegraph is here. Talking to our Italian fans and me n my lad. Will take pics.

Yes looks like a field but is on top of a hill

Has it kicked off? The betting sites seem to think it has!

Users who are viewing this thread