Racist chants (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

This thread worries the hell out of me. It should have been closed after the first couple of posts but instead has been allowed to spiral totally out of control and has now created hatred amongst otherwise like minded fans, this is the epitome of how division and racism starts. Although I utterly and totally condemn racist comments and actions, as far as I can tell the likes of Singers_pore and Pastythegreat have merely expressed their own views and have not instigated anything designed to cause hurt to others. Now we are talking mostly about thought police which I consider disgusting.
TBF it is people just trying to distract from what is a shit fest at our club.
And TBH I find that offensive.
So can any one who doesn't chant Sisu Out on Tuesday night should be thrown out of the ground and banned for life.
Just my opinion mind;)

letsallsingtogether

It's the ignorance that's quite amusing, singing your 'going back to the temple'. When the abuse is aimed at Muslims who pray at Mosques. Tells you all you need to know really.
Well I remember when we used to call Highfield Road our Temple.

Otis

It's the ignorance that's quite amusing, singing your 'going back to the temple'. When the abuse is aimed at Muslims who pray at Mosques. Tells you all you need to know really.
Yep and probably the same people who think Indians, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis are all 'paki's!'

Apologies for having to use that word, but that's how dumb some people truly are.

Going slightly off tangent, but this is how stupid things can get.

Mooboo, a bubble tea place in West Orchards were discovered to not be paying minimum wage to their staff.

So who gets hate mail, vandalism and death threats? Bubble Boba. A bubble tea place in Fargo, about a mile and a half away absolutely nothing to do with Mooboo. The name doesn't even sound like Mooboo.

Only thing they have in common is they both serve bubble tea.

letsallsingtogether

Yep and probably the same people who think Indians, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis are all 'paki's!'

Apologies for having to use that word, but that's how dumb some people truly are.

Going slightly off tangent, but this is how stupid things can get.

Mooboo, a bubble tea place in West Orchards were discovered to not be paying minimum wage to their staff.

So who gets hate mail, vandalism and death threats? Bubble Boba. A bubble tea place in Fargo, about a mile and a half away absolutely nothing to do with Mooboo. The name doesn't even sound like Mooboo.

Onky thing they have in common is they both serve bubble tea.
Deserve abuse for that alone Bubble Tea :)

Otis

Bloody lovely stuff. My daughter adores it and tries a different flavour every time we go.

letsallsingtogether

Bloody lovely stuff. My daughter adores it and tries a different flavour every time we go.
Got to be honest I haven't had a go yet so will next time I am around there, on your head be it.

rob9872

A few observations from reading this:

1) Most people agree that racists are pricks and that any abuse yesterday was bang out of order.

2) Some posters who are clearly racist are banging on about how they're not racist and trying to justify their bigotry.

3) Right wing economic policies which I do stand behind have nothing to do with racism and neither does brexit.

4) Martcov cold turn a post about whether Speedie was better than Dublin (my 2 favs) into an argument about the referendum.

5) I'm ashamed Singers pore and pasty support the same team as me.

chiefdave

As wrong as it was , it was a couple of mindless idiots who could have been dealt with almost immediately.
This is what needs to be followed up on by the club.

From what has been posted on social media it was immediately reported to the stewards and got a 'nothing we can do about it' response. The stewards are supposed to be enforcing ground regulations. If there was so many people involved they were concerned they couldn't handle it then the police should have been involved - of which there seemed to be a lot yesterday, were they expecting trouble.

Astute

I can't believe some of the bullshit on this thread. Racism is wrong. There is no excuse in any way for it. Not even idiots from other religions and what they do or say. That is like trying to blame someone else for you acting like a prick.

Everyone should be treated for the person that they are. The colour of someones skin should not come into it. If racism happened near me I would be right in your face giving that person/people a piece of my mind. There is no place for it in society.

skyblueheaven

I can't believe some of the bullshit on this thread. Racism is wrong. There is no excuse in any way for it. Not even idiots from other religions and what they do or say. That is like trying to blame someone else for you acting like a prick.

Everyone should be treated for the person that they are. The colour of someones skin should not come into it. If racism happened near me I would be right in your face giving that person/people a piece of my mind. There is no place for it in society.
Well said , common sense prevails.

pastythegreat

1) Most people agree that racists are pricks and that any abuse yesterday was bang out of order.

2) Some posters who are clearly racist are banging on about how they're not racist and trying to justify their bigotry.

3) Right wing economic policies which I do stand behind have nothing to do with racism and neither does brexit.

4) Martcov cold turn a post about whether Speedie was better than Dublin (my 2 favs) into an argument about the referendum.

Number 5, on what fucking grounds you prick?
Who the fuck are you to judge me?
As much as I don't care less what you think of me, you have no rights to judge me!
I'm as shamed I support the same club as somebody a judgemental and presumptuous as you! If you're really that unhappy you're more than welcome to fuck off and watch cov utd

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Only SBT could turn a thread on its head from taking about a couple of chavs singing an offensive song at the back of block 14 to the EU referendum.

What was the song they were singing, first and foremost?
Don't think any of us know as we never heard it.
I remember the 70s and 80s the abuse black players got at every ground, we're all those fans really racist for chanting what they did, or were they trying to distract the best players.

The homophobic comments were just as bad one of my best mates was Gay and he was the worst did that make him homophobic?

rob9872

He's taken that pretty well and better than expected.

covcity4life

Only SBT could turn a thread on its head from taking about a couple of chavs singing an offensive song at the back of block 14 to the EU referendum.

What was the song they were singing, first and foremost?

One of your previous posts on this very thread was telling remainers that they "lost"

EDIT - Apologies that wasnt you it was the other earlsdon!

pastythegreat

He's taken that pretty well and better than expected.
So that's it? You're outing me as a nazi but no explanation as to why or how?!
What done it? My crossed wires earlier or the massive swastika I have tattooed on my forehead?
Have you ever thought of working for MI6? Because your judge of character is 100% spot on. What would the community do without you and your ability to out closet racists?

martcov

Come on martcov, even after the "Britain first" misunderstanding was cleared up? Racist views have been expressed on this thread, but not by Pasty even if I disagree with his (or her!) politics.

I was talking about his general insulting attitude in that post.

rob9872

You're protesting a little too much as I never called you a racist and you have slung a number of cheap insults in my direction. I only said I was ashamed you support the same team. So just for absolute clarity, I do think you're a racist and also a c**t.

Goodnight.

martcov

For the record, it wasn't me that brought up Brexit.

oucho

I went to a Man City game years ago and one loan fan yelled towards the nearby away support (think it was Blackburn) "you're just a town full of Pakkis". The steward was yards away and didn't flinch, didn't intervene, didn't do anything about it.

When I contacted the club and asked them why nothing happened, they went into full-on "robust defence PR" mode and made suggestions of legal action, demanding proof and aggressively taking me on, rather than being humble and apologizing. I do get the part of stewarding is to not intervene if it will make things worse (as we saw at the Derby game in the Champ) but equally the rules of the ground are that any kind of offensive racial/national elements in chanting are banned from the ground (a point some posters on here would do well to remember), and thus must be enforced.

I remember our sole trip to the AMEX Stadium in Brighton, also in the relegation season, and hearing an element of our fans yelling "does your boyfriend know you're here?", and cringing with embarrassment. Their fans must get that at most home games, and must sit there listening to that thinking "wow, Cov must have quite a high proportion of unfunny bell-ends in their support." You hear the "it's only banter" excuse but FFS banter about something else like how they used to play in Gillingham or something.

I actually saw that ground again at a distance yesterday when out walking in the South Downs - you get a great view down to it from the car park near the top of Ditchling Beacon.

SkyblueBazza

Shouldn't be tolerated anywhere and certainly not at our games. Looking on twitter its concerning that it was reported to the stewards who refused to do anything.
If the behaviour went unchallenged...does that mean racism is acceptable to the majority of our fans?
I am sure it isn't - so why weren't they challenged? Reported at least?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

pastythegreat

You're protesting a little too much as I never called you a racist and you have slung a number of cheap insults in my direction. I only said I was ashamed you support the same team. So just for absolute clarity, I do think you're a racist and also a c**t.

Goodnight.
You never called me a racist no but massively insinuated that you thought I was! So yes I threw cheap insults your way, what did you expect me to do after being (virtually) branded a racist.
For clarity you didn't need to clarify that you thought I was racist. That was clear enough for everybody to see.
For clarity I think you're the biggest c**t I've come across on SBT (and there's a lot to choose from), and I'll even go one better than you and explain my reasons for believing this!
You're a c**t because you throw around accusations at people you don't know or have never met without backing up your accusations with facts!!
Therefore I think your a c**t.

Argument.
You- you're a racist
Me- how do you figure that?
You- you're a racist and a c**t.

Great argument fella, come up with it all on your own?

martcov

It was for the people who voted at the polls. It's democracy. There is always a winner. The only issue since has been that a small number of retainers are sore losers.

I said the they thought that the result - leave won - was a win. That has not yet been proven. It will take years to see if things are better after leaving.

If we are worse off for leaving, the leave win will ultimately have been a loss for Britain.

There is not necessarily always a winner.

In this case, the EU will probably be worse off without us, and we could end up worse off without them

luwalla

There is a dick head sits behind me that thinks it's hilarious to shout " come on winston" every time Kyel Reid is on the ball!

His semi racist/ semi embarrassed mates half laughed at him he first time he did it (many months ago) but I can even see them crininging now, as he shouts it constantly then
Looks around for some kind of
Cretin Approval with a 'aren't I clever' grin on his face... unbelievable to think that idiots like this still exist , and think it's acceptable, but they do

rob9872

You never called me a racist no but massively insinuated that you thought I was! So yes I threw cheap insults your way, what did you expect me to do after being (virtually) branded a racist.
For clarity you didn't need to clarify that you thought I was racist. That was clear enough for everybody to see.
For clarity I think you're the biggest c**t I've come across on SBT (and there's a lot to choose from), and I'll even go one better than you and explain my reasons for believing this!
You're a c**t because you throw around accusations at people you don't know or have never met without backing up your accusations with facts!!
Therefore I think your a c**t.

Argument.
You- you're a racist
Me- how do you figure that?
You- you're a racist and a c**t.

Great argument fella, come up with it all on your own?

It's always nice to win something, so I hope when the cringeworthy SBT awards are proposed later in the year, that my top c**t nomination has been duly noted

Users who are viewing this thread