Reda (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

According to the Eastleigh manager, Reda was offered a pay as you play contract by championship and league one clubs, Eastleigh were the only club offering a 1yr contract so thats why he signed

Hobo

According to the Eastleigh manager, Reda was offered a pay as you play contract by championship and league one clubs, Eastleigh were the only club offering a 1yr contract so thats why he signed

And it sounds like he is using them to get fit, which he won't.

CCFC_Charlie

Weird, weren't people on Twitter insisting the club were mad for not offering a pay as you play deal as he'd surely accept?

Captain Dart

SkyblueBazza

At the end of the day...like it or not Red is now just another in a long line of fairly short term ex-CCFC players. Did a good job & now he's moved on.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

dongonzalos

:stop::stop::stop::stop::smilie::stop::stop:
Can't be true, eastleigh must have offered a higher weekly wage than us, Don said so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did I?
Or did I just say they will be paying him high wages for a club like Eastleigh and that MV said TM would like to sign him but Reda has to lower his expectations in terms of wages and contract length

stupot07

:stop::stop::stop::stop::smilie::stop::stop:

Did I?
Or did I just say they will be paying him high wages for a club like Eastleigh and that MV said TM would like to sign him but Reda has to lower his expectations in terms of wages and contract length

Yes

TM wanted to sign him but said his wage expectations was too much.
So they are paying him more than we were prepared to.
At that level then relatively they are throwing it at him.

A few of us said it was more likely the type or length of contract not necessarily thr weekly wage. You were having none of it and tried to big up the wage aspect. Yes, Eastleigh will be paying him well for non league standards.

Come on don, just take this one on the chin ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

When fit, he will be the best defender that league has seen in a long time, just hope they've paid him the correct wage that goes with him having 6 months off every year.

dongonzalos

TM said wage demands AND contract length.
So wage demands were a factor.
Eastleigh to be anywhere near what we were offering him to pay him at their level
Relativity will be throwing money at him.

My reply to you at the time wage demands and contract length was the issue according to TM.
So yes I agreed contract length is a factor also so were wages.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Eastleigh manager sacked - surely a coincidence :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37106869

Stewart Donald (Chariman): Chris, go and sign some players so that we can win the league.
Chris Todd (Manager): Done. We have just signed Reda Johnson. We'll rip this league apart.

A few days later...

"We might have thrown Chris in at the deep end too quickly," Eastleigh chairman Stewart Donald told BBC Radio Solent.

Otis

My reply to you at the time wage demands and contract length was the issue according to TM.
So yes I agreed contract length is a factor also so were wages.

TM said wage demands AND contract length.
So wage demands were a factor.
Eastleigh to be anywhere near what we were offering him to pay him at their level
Relativity will be throwing money at him.

Errm, aren't you just replying to yourself there, Don?

CCFCKirky

Reda made his first appearance for Eastleigh this afternoon, playing a full 90 minutes and scoring a bullet header from a set piece. Overall he isn't as physical as he was when he played for us but the fact he played a full 90 and helped keep a clean sheet looks encouraging

Hobo

Reda made his first appearance for Eastleigh this afternoon, playing a full 90 minutes and scoring a bullet header from a set piece. Overall he isn't as physical as he was when he played for us but the fact he played a full 90 and helped keep a clean sheet looks encouraging

It's a long season and something his body doesn't normally achieve. But good look to the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread