Refugees welcome? (8 Viewers)

KG7

We have ex soldiers homeless on the streets here ..we have children on the streets starving , we have people that can barely afford to live ...yet we will take these people in ..house and feed ?

You're right that this is a problem but to me not a reason to not help these people who are desperate for our help.

Evo1883

Well there is a clear divide in the population ..on one hand you have people that do want to help and one you have people that dont .
Neither are any less human .. but the left will make out you are ..to get their own way and it will work ..we will have thousands here soon

KG7

you are only a refugee surely until you pass the first safe nation .. many many countries between us and syria being bypassed .
What about all the rich arab nations doing nothing

Remember how pissed off we all were when we, due to the war between our owners and the council and through no fault of our own, were forced to move to Northampton even though we quite liked it in Coventry?

Remember how none of the big clubs took any notice?

Remember when we played Arsenal in the cup and they showed us support by clapping us on our protest and we all loved them for it?

It's a crude analogy, but lets say that for the sake of clarity that these desperate people fleeing their home land are CCFC supporters, being ripped away from their home through no fault of their own and we have a chance to be Arsenal and shine a light on their situation and let them know that they might be going through hell but they're not alone...

Evo1883

Whatever , i dont know why this is being discussed here .
The left will get their way as they do with everything anyway , we will have thousands upon thousands here once cameron totally cracks under pressure .
So you have absolutely nothing to worry about KG7

Nick

Administrator
Well there is a clear divide in the population ..on one hand you have people that do want to help and one you have people that dont .
Neither are any less human .. but the left will make out you are ..to get their own way and it will work ..we will have thousands here soon

I think it depends on the definition of help too.

Could I donate a few boxes of food, clothing, blankets, sleeping bags etc and it actually reach a family and actually help them?

Would I have a random family who can't speak the same language live in my house with a young family when I don't know them from Adam? Not a chance.

Monners

They are not all faultless, they are involved in a civil war with killing on both sides. It's a complete mess that needs sorting out in Syria with International mediation and aid being funnelled to the genuine refugees.

The people fleeing are faultless. Assad was supported by the west for many years, with the west turning full cirlcle and supporting the rebels (by implicatoin through pressuring Assad on human rights) - What happens? Isis step into the void created by self serving attitudes on all sides. Who suffers? - the normal man in the street and his family. And when they have no choice but to leave, then it is a case of "It's not our problem!" Well sorry, it is. It s a humanatarian problem of an enormous and ever growing scale - mindsets have to change (and with this I mean political).

Last edited:

KG7

I'm not making out anything Evo, I'm just asking questions about things I disagree with you on. What's wrong with having thousands here soon?

Grendel

Whatever , i dont know why this is being discussed here .
The left will get their way as they do with everything anyway , we will have thousands upon thousands here once cameron totally cracks under pressure .
So you have absolutely nothing to worry about KG7

Oh God Nigel Farage has joined the forum.

KG7

And then you get branded racist,so its easier to say nothing.

Evo there's nothing wrong with having different views and respect to you and Nick for commenting even though the general consensus is of a different opinion to yours. However we are entitled to respectfully interrogate them if we want to, and of course, you're entitled to respectfully ignore us or interrogate back...For example, why do you think it's a problem that thousands of refugees will be here soon? I think it's something that we should be proud of.

Nick

Administrator
Evo there's nothing wrong with having different views and respect to you and Nick for commenting even though the general consensus is of a different opinion to yours. However we are entitled to respectfully interrogate them if we want to, and of course, you're entitled to respectfully ignore us or interrogate back...For example, why do you think it's a problem that thousands of refugees will be here soon? I think it's something that we should be proud of.

I don't think it is that different, it might just be the methods are different.

How are people willing to help? People shout let them into the country, where will they live, how will they be fed, which schools will the kids go to, which doctors will they use, which hospitals will they use.

I am not saying they shouldn't eat, be fed or use hospitals but there will be a knock on affect then won't there?

I think people have seen the picture of the poor lad who drowned and its blown up, kids have been dying there day in day out for quite a while have they? Not that it makes it ok, its horrible.

In Calais for example, why are they at Calais? Why haven't they settled in the south or mid france? Why not Spain or Portugal? Genuine question by the way.

Evo1883

Oh God Nigel Farage has joined the forum.
Yes quite right you clueless fool.
I have helped people in Sierra leonne and bosnia through war torn times,i have given afghan children my last bit of food from rations whilst living in a hole for 3 months.Meanwhile you remain a bitter argumentative bat on SBT,smartarse you know nothing about me

Philosorapter

Looking after your fellow Human is not politics. It is Normative ethics (Utilitarianism).

Nick

Administrator
Looking after your fellow Human is not politics. It is Normative ethics (Utilitarianism).

But what is the actual plan to look after them? People are saying hold up signs at football matches etc but what are people suggesting happens?

Grendel

Yes quite right you clueless fool.
I have helped people in Sierra leonne and bosnia through war torn times,i have given afghan children my last bit of food from rations whilst living in a hole for 3 months.Meanwhile you remain a bitter argumentative bat on SBT,smartarse you know nothing about me

Well I certainly have no issue if they come here.

Contrary to the popular believe Britain is not full.

I hardly see how that makes me the bitter one.

Samo

But what is the actual plan to look after them? People are saying hold up signs at football matches etc but what are people suggesting happens?

I think they should come live at your house. :whistle:

Evo1883

Well I certainly have no issue if they come here.

Contrary to the popular believe Britain is not full.

I hardly see how that makes me the bitter one.

I disagree,you are way off with your farage comment by the way

Ashdown

The UK is currently running a huge deficit to add every year to the debt mountain that already exists. As a consequence councils are having funding cut almost everywhere that affects basic services to everyone. Our hospitals are struggling to cope with sheer numbers and waiting lists are stretching out for basic treatments. Our schools cannot cope with the numbers of youngsters seeking school places. Our roads are appalling and congested and getting worse every year. The countryside is being dug up at an alarming rate to house a rapidly expanding population. Last year the UK took in a record amount of migrants { 330,000}. I think the country is doing it's bit.
I'm all in agreement for helping out genuine refugees and sending aid to problem areas but there are many of them and surely the answer cannot lie in mass migration to Europe from Africa and the Middle East, it will destabilize the whole region ?! It's funny how the Arabians, Russians, Chinese and others seemingly do nothing in all of this ?

Philosorapter

If there are an influx of refugees into the EU from war ravaged countries then we are morally bound to look after them. This is what the EU is meant to be about, countries working together for a common good. If this means spreading the people out so no one EU country is struggling, then so be it. When anyone enters the EU, for whatever reason, they have the same rights protected under ECHR as you or I.

Samo

It was a genuine question?

Well I hope they are suggesting that we put pressure on the government to act and take as many in as we can.

Nick

Administrator
If there are an influx of refugees into the EU from war ravaged countries then we are morally bound to look after them. This is what the EU is meant to be about, countries working together for a common good. If this means spreading the people out so no one EU country is struggling, then so be it. When anyone enters the EU, for whatever reason, they have the same rights protected under ECHR as you or me.

Yes, but how are we going to look after them? What would happen? Where would they live? Where would their kids go to school? Is there a plan anywhere of how it would all happen?

bawtryneal

Puts our excitement at getting a new centre forward with premier league experience into perspective.

Nick

Administrator
Well I hope they are suggesting that we put pressure on the government to act and take as many in as we can.

Yes, so we put pressure on them and what then, that's why I am trying to find out? They let them in and where do they live etc?

Evo1883

Tbh its hard to put over an argument against without sounding a little heartless...

Philosorapter

Yes, but how are we going to look after them? What would happen? Where would they live? Where would their kids go to school? Is there a plan anywhere of how it would all happen?

That's for Govt to decide. However, we are morally bound to look after them.

Samo

Yes, so we put pressure on them and what then, that's why I am trying to find out? They let them in and where do they live etc?

I am no expert but I assume there is a procedure in place for providing for asylum seekers, they are not the first! (or they could stay at your house)

Users who are viewing this thread