Rochdale (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Rochdale (Away). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Rochdale (Away) </h2>
85144-3142.png

Spotland Stadium
7.45PM Kick Off
</div>

Otis

Cole in for Kent, Morris in for Fleck (if the suspension kicks in immediately). Ricketts to centre half and Phillips to right back. Kelly-Evans drafted in for right back cover and maybe Harries too, for central defensive cover.

2-1 to the City. Will miss Reda, but Cole will make a difference.

Evo1883

Away from home we need high workrate players who will track back and get stuck in .
With fleck and reda out , i would actually start JOB behind armstrong as we all know he will run for everything in that gap between cdm and forward .
Start cole but he will probably last 45-60 minutes and morris in next to vincelot

Can't see Cole starting. Gutted Fleck not playing as thought defensively he was superb yesterday. I'm going for a Murphy, Vincelot, Morris, O'Brien midfield. Ricketts to move central with Phillips at right back. Try Kent in behind Armstrong. Fortune hold up play is good but we relied on it too much yesterday and the younger players all had an off day. Will take a draw.

skybluesam66

next 2 away games and then 2 home games we could do with 6 points minimum to keep in the mix (as we use our game in hand up aswell in those)

That covers the next 4 weeks with only the FA cup aswell - then Cole;s loan may be over, but hopefully we will then be talking about Maddison, willis, reda coming back

so just need to keep picking up a few points while struggling with injuries

2 or 3 points this week is a minimum

CJ_covblaze

2-2. Will miss Fleck and Reda. Fleck's probably our player of the season so far.

Skyblueweeman

Now we get to see how good our squad really is with Reda and Fleck out. Losing Maddison and Willis early doors was a blow but tomorrows team will be without 4 players who would arguably be in the starting line up. Actually, not arguably really, they would be.

Luckily, the majority of results went our way on Saturday, From the next two away, I'd take a point tomorrow night and then 3 points on Saturday when I go to Swindon for my first game of the season.

Actually, hang on...I'm in Manchester tomorrow night on work business...does anyone know if we can pay on the gate? I might try and get along.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Can't see both of Kent & Murphy, game for JOB this especially with Phillips at RB might need a bit of support.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Tudgay start & Cole on the bench.

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Ricketts
Stokes
JOB
Morris
Vincelot
Murphy
Tudgay
Armstrong

Subs
Burge
Haynes
Harries
Cole
Kent
G Thomas
Fortune

covcity4life

Id be tempted to drop murphy for JOB in that line up and keep murphy as an impact sub - need jims work ethic

yeh makes sense and i could see that happening. however if he keeps drifting inside hes gonna piss of mowbray again lol

That's still a decent team

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

it is but i am not sure about philips. we need to remain solid in defence to pick up wins away

Can't see both of Kent & Murphy, game for JOB this especially with Phillips at RB might need a bit of support.

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Ricketts
Stokes
JOB
Morris
Vincelot
Murphy
Tudgay
Armstrong

Subs
Burge
Haynes
Harries
Cole
Kent
G Thomas
Fortune

yeah can see cole being a sub too, thats just team i would like to see

i think with coles vision the 2 kids pace could help us unlock rochdale

lamieres and JOB might not offer cole as much in his first game

i do look forward to the day we unleash murphy and kent as 2nd half subs though, its kind of like toruture for the opponents lol

ready_96

If cole's fitness is a reasonable level then id play him in maddisons role from KO. If its not id be tempted to put kent in there behind Armstrong with Fortune and murphy on the wings. Then just have them rotating positions throughout the game. Morris and Vince sitting. Phillips in at RB and rickets back in the middle.

Sneaky 2-0 win. Armstrong early on. Then Cole to get a debute goal when he comes on later in the game

Ranjit Bhurpa

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Ricketts
Stokes
JOB
Morris
Vincelot
Murphy
Tudgay
Armstrong

Subs
Burge
Haynes
Harries
Cole
Kent
G Thomas
Fortune

Would go exactly with this team. Rochdale are no mugs and it's important we are set up not to lose. Have some doubts about Phillips, not just for his defending ability and I sometimes wonder if his brain is fully engaged. Witness the throw in on Saturday taken from the wrong place (ref too fussy for sure) that ended up gifted to Blackpool.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Ricketts
Stokes
JOB
Morris
Vincelot
Murphy
Tudgay
Armstrong

Subs
Burge
Haynes
Harries
Cole
Kent
G Thomas
Fortune

Forgot about lameris on the bench be harsh to drop Thomas out the squad after his impact at Fleetwood.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I might be on my own but I feel like I would like to see more of Lameires in the starting XI and certainly in the squad. Some of our best football this season came from his vision and through balls at the start of the season. I know he's gone missing at times but no more so than the inconsistency seen in the other attacking players, and as he's actually ours (not on loan) I would like to see him get some more game time

H

Huckerby

I might be on my own but I feel like I would like to see more of Lameires in the starting XI and certainly in the squad. Some of our best football this season came from his vision and through balls at the start of the season. I know he's gone missing at times but no more so than the inconsistency seen in the other attacking players, and as he's actually ours (not on loan) I would like to see him get some more game time
Completely agree. He's one of our most "exciting" players for sure
Always think he can pull something out the bag

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just think tomorrow nights match isn't a game to start the likes of Kent & Lameires just needs a bit of solidity.
Definitely options to bring on if you're chasing a game or it starts to open up.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just think tomorrow nights match isn't a game to start the likes of Kent & Lameires just needs a bit of solidity.
Definitely options to bring on if you're chasing a game or it starts to open up.

Yeah mate I do agree, I should have worded it better, I meant more in general eg. Blackpool at the weekend. Just seems to be he'll only play if Kent/Murphy can't. And with Cole here for the next month or so i see his gametime as being further limited. I went to Fleetwood with two mates who aren't Cov fans and although he was quiet straight away they both asked where he was on loan from as his touch and vision seemed to be ahead of everyone elses.

skybluebeduff

3 points to keep this momentum going, another clean sheet too, surely RCC will be going for a record clean sheets aswell? could potentially be 5 on the bounce for him.

CJ_covblaze

Now we get to see how good our squad really is with Reda and Fleck out. Losing Maddison and Willis early doors was a blow but tomorrows team will be without 4 players who would arguably be in the starting line up. Actually, not arguably really, they would be.

Luckily, the majority of results went our way on Saturday, From the next two away, I'd take a point tomorrow night and then 3 points on Saturday when I go to Swindon for my first game of the season.

Actually, hang on...I'm in Manchester tomorrow night on work business...does anyone know if we can pay on the gate? I might try and get along.

It's pretty much pay on the gate only. No tickets have been sent down here. Rochdale have sold some but I believe as of Friday it was a total of 6! We're leaving Cov at half 5 (2.15 to do a 2.24 journey). Not doing anything else so we might as well give it a go!

SlowerThanPlatt

It's pretty much pay on the gate only. No tickets have been sent down here. Rochdale have sold some but I believe as of Friday it was a total of 6! We're leaving Cov at half 5 (2.15 to do a 2.24 journey). Not doing anything else so we might as well give it a go!

It's been messed up. Someone tweeted Rochdale 'we've been told by our club that we can only buy tickets directly from Rochdale'...Rochdale said this isn't the case and all advance tickets have been to sent to Coventry City. Same person tweeted Coventry City and said 'Rochdale are saying they aren't selling any tickets in advance and the only advance tickets have been sent to you' but CCFC are saying it's the other way round and so are Rochdale.

Ah well, it's never boring.

CJ_covblaze

It's been messed up. Someone tweeted Rochdale 'we've been told by our club that we can only buy tickets directly from Rochdale'...Rochdale said this isn't the case and all advance tickets have been to sent to Coventry City. Same person tweeted Coventry City and said 'Rochdale are saying they aren't selling any tickets in advance and the only advance tickets have been sent to you' but CCFC are saying it's the other way round and so are Rochdale.

Ah well, it's never boring.

Royal Mail. Booooooooooo

shmmeee

Going for a curve ball

RCC
JOB Ricketts Martin Stokes
Morris Vincelot
Armstrong Cole Lameiras
Fortune

S: Burge, Philips, Harries, C Thomas, Murphy, Kent, Tudgay

jimmyhillsfanclub

Cannot see Cole starting....cannot see us winning.

We've been fairly poor away from home so far...and we've NEVER won at spotland in our history....

1-1.

Captain Dart

Much more of an issue in my mind that Reda is injured probably unavailable for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread