Rugby World Cup (1 Viewer)

Moff

I don't want England to get knocked out at all, but the minute they do I will indeed be hoping that rugby achieves no boost from the thing and that Wasps's Initial appeal wanes badly.

Re Wasps, I was interested to watch the profile on Wales Coach, Warren Gatland, on ITV before the game.

They mentioned when he had previously coached Wassps, and showed footage of Wasps amateurs ground in London, rather than anything of Wasps in Coventry. I would guess either Gatland or ITV, dont recognise the current Wasps as the one that previously existed.

Edit (Sorry Lewys, I had already commented on what an epic game it was)

Last edited:

Steve.B50

Watched the game in an Irish bar here in the Algarve, cannot believe lost that game.
it was a good game two teams giving everything, the injuries will be a major factor for Wales and might also effect England.
the Portugease seem to like there Rugby and its on in almost every bar.
met a city fan last night out in the Old Town

oh well let's start thinking about the Ausies now.

smileycov

Facebook User
We have injury issues as well now. Gutted on the game, hind sight is great we should have taken the 3 penalty points. Fair play going for it and all, but i don't think the risk was necessary, we have uruguay in last pool match. we could and should have had the draw. Very tough game coming up but as ever i will be confident.

Otis

We have injury issues as well now. Gutted on the game, hind sight is great we should have taken the 3 penalty points. Fair play going for it and all, but i don't think the risk was necessary, we have uruguay in last pool match. we could and should have had the draw. Very tough game coming up but as ever i will be confident.

Personally, I am not criticising England for going for the try at the end. I think it was a brave thing to do, but also probably the right thing to do too. That kick wasn't an easy one at all. Had it have been, then yes, we should have taken the kick, but it wasn't.

I was glad that they went for it.

What frustrated me was the silly, unnecessary penalties we kept giving away and some of the tactics as the match wore on.

I honestly think we are now out of the competition and all those 'Make them Giants' ads are going to look very embarrassing, as we become the first host to ever go out at the group stages.

I would say England's only hope now is that Fiji beat Wales on Thursday. Think if that happens that might just give England the heart to beat the Aussies on Saturday night.

bringbackrattles

I reckon the Australia game will be a lot tougher than the Wales one as we know how much the Aussies like to put one over on us,and on their day the Wallabies are good enough to beat any side even the All Blacks.But we have to stay positive and hope the thought of early elimination may be the kick up the backside England need to go out and do the business.

Gazolba

I fully expect the Aussies to beat both England and Wales.

I like watching a good game of running Rugby (hated playing it though). It's interesting to read the history of the game and to learn that in the beginning there were no limits to how many players on each side and matches lasted several days.
http://www.rugbyschool.net/a-history-of-rugby-football

Last edited:

lewys33

I fully expect the Aussies to beat both England and Wales.

I like watching a good game of running Rugby (hated playing it though). It's interesting to read the history of the game and to learn that in the beginning there were no limits to how many players on each side and matches lasted several days.
http://www.rugbyschool.net/a-history-of-rugby-football

I agree I think both will fall foul to the Aussies. After SA lost to Japan though coming 2nd may not be all too bad!

Moff

I agree I think both will fall foul to the Aussies. After SA lost to Japan though coming 2nd may not be all too bad!

I think the Aussies will beat Wales if Wales are already through, and I think this is why obviously Gatland has put a strong team out against Fiji. He hopes to win, with a bonus point, see the Aussies beat England and then rest some players for the last game against the Aussies.

Obviously if England beat the Aussies it will mix everything up!

lewys33

I think the Aussies will beat Wales if Wales are already through, and I think this is why obviously Gatland has put a strong team out against Fiji. He hopes to win, with a bonus point, see the Aussies beat England and then rest some players for the last game against the Aussies.

Obviously if England beat the Aussies it will mix everything up!

Agreed if England beat the Aussies then it becomes interesting again! I think the team Gatland picks for Australia will depend on who wins Group B. All Group B (important) matches finish before Wales play Australia. The big one is now South Africa Scotland on Saturday. I will happily take 2nd if Scotland top their group after the SA slip up, however I can still see SA winning the group.

lewys33

Agreed if England beat the Aussies then it becomes interesting again! I think the team Gatland picks for Australia will depend on who wins Group B. All Group B (important) matches finish before Wales play Australia. The big one is now South Africa Scotland on Saturday. I will happily take 2nd if Scotland top their group after the SA slip up, however I can still see SA winning the group.

Just looking at the fixtures and despite what I said the easiest run to the final is if you win the group (still not easy). Come 2nd and it's a semi-final against New Zealand - if you get there.

Covstu

Just looking at the fixtures and despite what I said the easiest run to the final is if you win the group (still not easy). Come 2nd and it's a semi-final against New Zealand - if you get there.
Wales will have a tough tie, England will be watching it on the box

Otis

i think we can and will beat australia, be very tight but i am confident.

I think we might well get our asses whooped.

Can hardly remember the last game that England didn't give away a stack of silly penalties and easy points to the opposition, so it could be 42-3 to the Aussies, with all 42 points coming from the boot of their kicker and not a try in sight.

Otis

Yep. Convinced it will be. Going to look pretty silly then aren't we after all the hype and build them up nonsense.

Otis

Both games we did not look confident, too many errors, Ill discipline. I hope your right but I don't think we will
Yep, errors and ill discipline. Pretty much sums us up.

Unless we completely cut that out today, we will get whooped I think.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Off to the pub for a few soon then watch the City get three points then a few more pints after the match and if I'm not too pissed watch England beat the Aussies.That's the beauty of alcohol reality doesn't kick in till the next day so if both my teams lose today I won't be sobbing in to my beer tonight !

Otis

Whooped. :(

Don't want to be right, but my worst fears are being realised.

Game could almost all be over soon at this rate.

lifeskyblue

Aussies too canny at the breakdown. They know when to slow the ball down and then choose the right moment for quick release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca

Can't win a meaningful game with home advantage in the World Cup. Incompetent in all areas. Getting the footballers disease of believing the hype

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Oh dear! Ah well. Ireland will show them how it's done!! :D

Otis

The plus point now is though, I don't now have to watch any more rugby!!!! Yay!!!!

stupot07

Embarrassing.

England are the first hosts to fail to get out the group stage in World Cup history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lifeskyblue

Well that was that. England apart from a 10min spell in second half were completely outplayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Well that makes a hattrick in football, rugby and cricket in just over a year of not making it out of a group. Honestly what a complete and utter joke our (men's) national teams are.

Brighton Sky Blue

He should resign Immediately., we've been going backwards for two years now.

People keep saying they're going to hit a golden patch soon, sorry we've heard this for years under Lancaster and the 3 consecutive 2nd places at the 6 Nations on points difference induced by choking in key games then crowned off by another epic choke on home soil shows me he doesn't know how to take the team on and win something. Chokeshaw as captain can have a look at himself too.

J

Jack Griffin

The plus point now is though, I don't now have to watch any more rugby!!!! Yay!!!!

I never did, but the flop event has been messing with the TV schedules something rotten. Unfortunately I think it will continue to do so for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread