rushden and diamonds (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You dont understand why Wasps would want to do what is best for Wasps?

Also what is a "real" city fan?

Someone whose only interested in ccfc - if wasps went to The New Den or Elland Road and the club was subjected to a rent rise I think our very own version of Mississippi Burning would ensue.

simonregis

Wasps are putting Ccfc rent up for the start of next season . From someone within !!!

Why do people post such utter rubbish. Wasps have stated they are working on a deal to keep us at the ricoh long term. Don't CCFC fans enough worries already without their OWN fans posting negative stuff

skybluetony176

Someone whose only interested in ccfc - if wasps went to The New Den or Elland Road and the club was subjected to a rent rise I think our very own version of Mississippi Burning would ensue.

People will join the KKK?

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

So about 60 people then?

I am sure even you have other interests in life besides CCFC.

chiefdave

Why do people post such utter rubbish. Wasps have stated they are working on a deal to keep us at the ricoh long term. Don't CCFC fans enough worries already without their OWN fans posting negative stuff

And where have that stated that this deal to keep us at the Ricoh long term will be on the same terms or better from a CCFC point of view?

Astute

And where have that stated that this deal to keep us at the Ricoh long term will be on the same terms or better from a CCFC point of view?

Where has it been stated that the terms are going to change soon?

Skyblueweeman

Yes yes but the rent is just a fraction of the dosh wasted on the likes of Nouble, Johnson, Proschwitz, etc etc. As it stands it's a minimal cost compared to others !

Is it? Isn't the monthly rent £100k? So £1.2m a year? I'd be surprised if our players wages was much more than that per annum. We can't have many on more than £2/£3k per week, £100-£150k pa.

Ian1779

Astute

Is it? Isn't the monthly rent £100k? So £1.2m a year? I'd be surprised if our players wages was much more than that per annum. We can't have many on more than £2/£3k per week, £100-£150k pa.

The annual rent at the moment is 100k. Which is why we are better trying to get a decent squad together instead of wasting money on a stadium we can't afford.

Skyblueweeman

The annual rent at the moment is 100k. Which is why we are better trying to get a decent squad together instead of wasting money on a stadium we can't afford.

My bad...I thought it was £100k a month, not annually. Figures in this sorry saga are all a blur now.

WM

Ian1779

I would imagine the local media and people in Rushden would be delighted. They would see it as a good thing that their local stadium was being used again. They wouldn't care about the wrongs and rights of it.

You really are a tool. Just because you are happy being a Wasps worshipping council bottom feeder you think everyone else has the same lack of morals.

The locals round here would dearly love the ground to be back in the hands of AFC R&D, but at the moment they don't have the money or infrastructure to get the site back and afford it.... Nobody would be happy with CCFC turning up and making it their home.

Maybe we just can't be bought by a few free tickets and plastic flags....

bigfatronssba

You really are a tool. Just because you are happy being a Wasps worshipping council bottom feeder you think everyone else has the same lack of morals.

The locals round here would dearly love the ground to be back in the hands of AFC R&D, but at the moment they don't have the money or infrastructure to get the site back and afford it.... Nobody would be happy with CCFC turning up and making it their home.

Maybe we just can't be bought by a few free tickets and plastic flags....

Here we are, the good old SBT tradition of resorting to name calling when someone says something you disagree with. Shame on you, I thought you were an intelligent poster.

So your saying it would be immoral for CCFC to move to Rushden. Would it be immoral to move to Rugby, Nuneaton or Leamington then?

Ian1779

Here we are, the good old SBT tradition of resorting to name calling when someone says something you disagree with. Shame on you, I thought you were an intelligent poster.

So your saying it would be immoral for CCFC to move to Rushden. Would it be immoral to move to Rugby, Nuneaton or Leamington then?

OK... Maybe the name calling was unnecessary, but for you to presume other people will happily accept someone just turning up in the way Wasps did because you did is not right.

Let's also be clear... A permanent move by CCFC out of Coventry is wrong, in the same way that Wasps turning up permanently from London is wrong. And before the pedantry starts.. A move to the edge of city boundaries (like old Peugeot site at Ryton for example, or just over the other side of M6) does not fall in the same category. So moving to towns of Nuneaton, Leamington or Rugby is wrong if it is permanent.

So if Wasps kick us out in 12 months time when they have every right to exercise their option to break/review deal will you still find a way to blame the club and exonerate the franchise of all blame?

bigfatronssba

OK... Maybe the name calling was unnecessary, but for you to presume other people will happily accept someone just turning up in the way Wasps did because you did is not right.

Let's also be clear... A permanent move by CCFC out of Coventry is wrong, in the same way that Wasps turning up permanently from London is wrong. And before the pedantry starts.. A move to the edge of city boundaries (like old Peugeot site at Ryton for example, or just over the other side of M6) does not fall in the same category. So moving to towns of Nuneaton, Leamington or Rugby is wrong if it is permanent.

So if Wasps kick us out in 12 months time when they have every right to exercise their option to break/review deal will you still find a way to blame the club and exonerate the franchise of all blame?

If we get kicked out in 12 months time because that is what is best for Wasps, then yes I will hold ccfc responsible.

Wasps aren't responsible for ccfc, and the only thing that can be expected of them is to do the right thing for themselves.

Ccfc are the ones who have got themselves into this position. They are the ones that are now dependent on a Wasps business decision.

Ccfc owned their own ground and threw it all away. Only they are responsible for that.

Astute

We have another 12 months to run on this agreement and the option to extend for another 2 years. It is 3 years time you need to worry about unless Fisher opens his big mouth again.

My biggest worry would be SISU pissing Wasps off with litigation. If they do who could blame them for wanting rid of us? And before anyone accuses me of it I am not happy at all with Wasps having the arena. Just like I am not happy at all with the way that SISU have dealt with the arena. It is just shit all round.

Nick

Administrator
If we get kicked out in 12 months time because that is what is best for Wasps, then yes I will hold ccfc responsible.

Wasps aren't responsible for ccfc, and the only thing that can be expected of them is to do the right thing for themselves.

Ccfc are the ones who have got themselves into this position. They are the ones that are now dependent on a Wasps business decision.

Ccfc owned their own ground and threw it all away. Only they are responsible for that.
Oh well, you can go and watch wasps more while having digs at people who travel to watch ccfc.

Captain Dart

Wasps will do what is good for Wasps. We might not like that, but I think most city fans understand that.

I wish CCFC would do what is good for CCFC and not what is good for SISU. Actually i'm not even sure they're doing that.

Ian1779

We have another 12 months to run on this agreement and the option to extend for another 2 years. It is 3 years time you need to worry about unless Fisher opens his big mouth again.

My biggest worry would be SISU pissing Wasps off with litigation. If they do who could blame them for wanting rid of us? And before anyone accuses me of it I am not happy at all with Wasps having the arena. Just like I am not happy at all with the way that SISU have dealt with the arena. It is just shit all round.

From the sounds of it the option to extend remains is controlled by ACL/Wasps.

What concerns me is that if at this point a re-negotiation of the deal is not going to favourable to us at all. A big hike in rent and reduction of revenue access is likely as Wasps continue to say that revenue is king.

Otis

But Wasps quite clearly said they wanted to work with Coventry City and very much saw it as a partnership. Kicking us out of our home doesn't come across as us being particularly good working partners does it?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
But Wasps quite clearly said they wanted to work with Coventry City and very much saw it as a partnership. Kicking us out of our home doesn't come across as us being [particularly good working partners does it?

Did they not also say they wanted to stay in London, had no PR machine and other stuff that has turned out to be bullshit?

They are hardly going to come in and say they are going to screw everybody over.

Thenose

Commercially £100k isnt as good as £200k, but much better than £0k. Im sure the fable of the Golden Egg isnt lost on Wasps.

CCFC put nearly 200k through the gates annually, thats probably another £100k profit on F&B

Otis

Did they not also say they wanted to stay in London, had no PR machine and other stuff that has turned out to be bullshit?

They are hardly going to come in and say they are going to screw everybody over.

Not the point I am making though, Nick. I am answering bigfatron.

How will it be CCFC's fault if Wasps kick us out? Surely it will be Wasps going back on their word.

CovFan

Wasps want to install a 3g pitch at the Ricoh but can't while we are there due to football league rules. Gives them a reason to kick us out.

bigfatronssba

Not the point I am making though, Nick. I am answering bigfatron.

How will it be CCFC's fault if Wasps kick us out? Surely it will be Wasps going back on their word.

If your talking about Wasps breaking an agreement then Wasps would be to blame.

If ccfc let the current one wind down & Wasps decide they want to go it alone then ccfc would be to blame (through poor planning over the past 15 years)

bigfatronssba

Oh well, you can go and watch wasps more while having digs at people who travel to watch ccfc.

Childish remark.

Users who are viewing this thread