rushden and diamonds (2 Viewers)

Thenose

Wasps want to install a 3g pitch at the Ricoh but can't while we are there due to football league rules. Gives them a reason to kick us out.

Why bother installing the xtragrass this summer, im sure thats not going to be cheap

Moff

Why bother installing the xtragrass this summer, im sure thats not going to be cheap

Because if the pitch fails it will not just affect the football club, but also the rugby team, as a pitch that cuts up and becomes a quagmire makes attractive football and expansive rugby more difficult.

Thenose

Because if the pitch fails it will not just affect the football club, but also the rugby team, as a pitch that cuts up and becomes a quagmire makes attractive football and expansive rugby more difficult.

Exactly, they have already contracted a new pitch to be installed next month, Xtragrass half and half. Why bother spending on that, why not just tough it out until CCFC are gone and put a full blown artificial in

Woz01

The pitch they are installing is for the benefit of both football and Rugby. If they seriously were planning on kicking CCFC out they would hold off a year and then lay a pitch just for them. It's cost ACL enough to relay the pitch in the winter and then relay again in the off season. I see no reason why they would increase the rent, I'm sure they are more than happy with the extra revenue.

bigfatronssba

Astute

From the sounds of it the option to extend remains is controlled by ACL/Wasps.

What concerns me is that if at this point a re-negotiation of the deal is not going to favourable to us at all. A big hike in rent and reduction of revenue access is likely as Wasps continue to say that revenue is king.

I don't know where you have heard that Wasps/ACL have the option to extend the contract. If you think logically they wouldn't have it. It would mean that they could force us to stay. When we went back it was said that we had two years with the option of another two years. This would also go with Fisher saying that we would build our own stadium. SISU were given 3 to 5 years by the FL to build one. A year in Northampton would leave 2 to 4 years of the allowed time. So this now means 1 to 3 years.

Most of us are worried about what a new agreement could mean. But we know that Wasps need the money so they won't want to price us out of staying. It would also cause bad feeling with people from Coventry when they need all the support they can get.

Ian1779

I don't know where you have heard that Wasps/ACL have the option to extend the contract. If you think logically they wouldn't have it. It would mean that they could force us to stay. When we went back it was said that we had two years with the option of another two years. This would also go with Fisher saying that we would build our own stadium. SISU were given 3 to 5 years by the FL to build one. A year in Northampton would leave 2 to 4 years of the allowed time. So this now means 1 to 3 years.

Most of us are worried about what a new agreement could mean. But we know that Wasps need the money so they won't want to price us out of staying. It would also cause bad feeling with people from Coventry when they need all the support they can get.

This is from a post in the Wasps forum from OSB58 - http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/56170-Club-aims-to-raise-£35m-from-bond/page23 - post #225.

"Otium Entertainment Group Limited has executed a licence with a four year term, commencing 21 August 2014 for Coventry City Football Club to play professional football matches at the Arena. There is a break clause in favour of ACL exercisable in 2016."

How that works for us - I don't know anymore than that. But it worries me.

Astute

How many times do I post about CCFC and go to watch CCFC play?

I agree that people shouldn't be shouting about going to watch Wasps play. But them w@nkers Wasps have certainly done enough for us to want to mention them. They shouldn't be in Coventry and I will continue to say so. Nothing will change that.

Nick

Administrator
I agree that people shouldn't be shouting about going to watch Wasps play. But them w@nkers Wasps have certainly done enough for us to want to mention them. They shouldn't be in Coventry and I will continue to say so. Nothing will change that.

People can go and watch them if they want. Of course they can.

My point was I don't get why people sign up on here who have no interest in CCFC at all and all about Wasps.

Astute

This is from a post in the Wasps forum from OSB58 - http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/56170-Club-aims-to-raise-£35m-from-bond/page23 - post #225.

"Otium Entertainment Group Limited has executed a licence with a four year term, commencing 21 August 2014 for Coventry City Football Club to play professional football matches at the Arena. There is a break clause in favour of ACL exercisable in 2016."

How that works for us - I don't know anymore than that. But it worries me.

Maybe it means that they can change the rates charged and match day income agreements. But I can't see that they could change it by much or force us to play there. But yes without knowing it is a worry.

Astute

People can go and watch them if they want. Of course they can.

My point was I don't get why people sign up on here who have no interest in CCFC at all and all about Wasps.

Which is what I said but worded differently.

Astute

Nothing like it?

But I would also ask how many joined just to go on about Wasps like you said.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It seems that over the last few weeks there have been a few rumours breaking about, moving out of the Ricoh, how the rent is going up, that a ground destined to be levelled and built on is our destination. All kind of destabilises the situation doesn't it. Is it just panic stories amongst fans or is there some purpose behind these stories? What do JS/TF/SW plan for this summer?

As far as everyone knows last September CCFC struck a two year deal with ACL - we are not half way through yet. Yes ACL have the rights in the option in 2016 for 2 more years it would seem, that is a concern because they might say no. But if CCFC were actually hitting budgeted figures of 11k crowds wouldn't that ease that concern, wouldn't that make CCFC more valuable to Wasps/ACL? Wouldn't it also bring significant extra income to CCFC that is topped up further by F&B and Car parking monies, let alone better sponsorship advertising etc. However to do that doesn't it rely on the team performing/challenging ....... which brings us back to the CCFC Directors/owners. In that sense isn't a renewal or even a better deal in the hands of TF/SW/JS ?

or do we continue to decline and make the budgets fit to income no one at the club seems eager or able to increase...... The one thing that affects CCFC income more than anything else is success on the pitch - not moving grounds (fictional, fantasy, bulldozed , empty or otherwise)

:thinking about:

Last edited:

tisza

All it shows is that the next couple of seasons will again be dominated by off-the-field issues rather than anything happening on the pitch.

rupert_bear

For a start Wasps will never kick the football club out, they need us there. Also this imagined move to Rushden, won't happen, can't happen as i believe a move from Coventry to Rushden is 9 miles over the limit set by the football league as to how far a club can move even temporary from it's "home", someone on here might be able to confirm that. I also believe when we moved to Sixfields our owners or Tim Fisher had Nene Park as a possible permenant home venue which i think was kicked into touch by the FL,someone on here might cofirm that too. Bit of end of season scaremongering i think, it helps take the mind off Sunday for a bit.

albatross

For a start Wasps will never kick the football club out, they need us there. Also this imagined move to Rushden, won't happen, can't happen as i believe a move from Coventry to Rushden is 9 miles over the limit set by the football league as to how far a club can move even temporary from it's "home", someone on here might be able to confirm that. I also believe when we moved to Sixfields our owners or Tim Fisher had Nene Park as a possible permenant home venue which i think was kicked into touch by the FL,someone on here might cofirm that too. Bit of end of season scaremongering i think, it helps take the mind off Sunday for a bit.

I agree there are few grounds on which SISU can move the club this summer with what they said was a good rental agreement, also WASPS are courting popularity within the city not seeking confrontation.

Astute

I agree there are few grounds on which SISU can move the club this summer with what they said was a good rental agreement, also WASPS are courting popularity within the city not seeking confrontation.

Last time they had CCC to blame for everything. But once the reduced rent offers and then the rent free offer came in the FL could see that they had not been told the full truth. They won't let SISU take our club out of Coventry so easily next time. Although once they start their threat of moving or liquidating our club again would the FL crumble once more?

Terry Gibson's perm

I would go for the FL to crumble as they don't want to be messing around in court were as our owners seem to thrive on it and last year seemed to employ more lawyers than scouts.

martcov

I would go for the FL to crumble as they don't want to be messing around in court were as our owners seem to thrive on it and last year seemed to employ more lawyers than scouts.

Surely it would be dependant on timing? If the FL asked well in advance of the expiry of the current agreement, what the plans are - "put up or shut up" style, and got no serious plans for security of tenure, then maybe they could start on expulsion process which wouldn't put their fixture list in jeopardy. I thought it was normal to have at least 10 years security of tenure.

LB87ccfc

I Knew straight away as soon as this stupid no new story rumour resurfaced on here, it would turn into one million pages long.

Astute

Is it the one that was effectively a loan and would be paid back through ticket sales?

Or the one that only stood as long as we remained in administration, you will have to jog my memory.

No need. You already know like I thought you did.

Astute

So they weren't rent free then, unless the club remained in administration which obviously would be bad and would probably incur further point deduction if we remained in it for too long.

And what is your excuse for not returning for rent less than was being paid at Northampton? The FL knew about it. Which is the point I was making. They won't fall for it so easily again.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And what is your excuse for not returning for rent less than was being paid at Northampton? The FL knew about it. Which is the point I was making. They won't fall for it so easily again.

I don't have an excuse, just don't dress up an offer as something it isn't.

eastwoodsdustman

Astute, do you honestly believe that the club could have played at the Ricoh free of charge under the councils 'rent free' offer? Anyone who looked into it in even the slightest way realised that it was just more publicity spin from CCC to put the club in even more bad light.
There was one reason that CCC wanted us back at the Ricoh and that was to push through the sale of ACL to Wasps.
As for playing at Rushden, it was one that the club looked at prior to Sixfields and has just been dug up again.

Ian1779

Is it the one that was effectively a loan and would be paid back through ticket sales?

Or the one that only stood as long as we remained in administration, you will have to jog my memory.

That's it... the fake one from Hoffman who would have made a packet out of it under closer scrutiny.

Users who are viewing this thread