Scotland v England (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Bellingham is a lot more talented than Bryan Robson. Either he or Foden could become the best England player in my lifetime.

Totally different game now to be fair.
For example, if Bellingham drinks as much as Robson did he'll end up at Bedworth!

Evo1883

Bellingham is a lot more talented than Bryan Robson. Either he or Foden could become the best England player in my lifetime.
Really ? Look at what Wayne Rooney was doing at 17/18 , far superior

And Bryan Robson was brilliant

Ccfcisparks

Loads of England fans are Wisla Krakow fans too, I hear, for that very reason.
Went to watch Krakow earlier in the year. Really nice stadium but only 1 stand open since they got relegated to the second tier. Football was rubbish and the atmosphere strange. Great chanting along to the drum, but they almost didn't react when any goals went in for either side, completely odd and felt robotic.

rob9872

Even michael Owen who won the European player of the year , was amazing at a younger age
Agree, that's why I always treat the reports that Duncan Edwards the greatest if all with a little bit of skepticism. I've never seen him obviously, but to be an all time great you need longevity too imo. And I don't mean a full career as Best and Van Basten finished early but a lot longer than a year or two.

I genuinely hope Bellingham does go on to be the best but in my lifetime Gascoigne was our most naturally gifted and Robson our most complete player.

Evo1883

Agree, that's why I always treat the reports that Duncan Edwards the greatest if all with a little bit of skepticism. I've never seen him obviously, but to be an all time great you need longevity too imo. And I don't mean a full career as Best and Van Basten finished early but a lot longer than a year or two.

I genuinely hope Bellingham does go on to be the best but in my lifetime Gascoigne was our most naturally gifted and Robson our most complete player.

Gerrard too , so many greats over the years to put him in that bracket .. he was dire v Ukraine just a few days earlier .. he's a top young player

He plays for madrid , but madrid are not the best team in Europe anymore

Foden plays for the best team in Europe

clint van damme

Gerrard too , so many greats over the years to put him in that bracket .. he was dire v Ukraine just a few days earlier .. he's a top young player

They're not, but he's still had a great start to his career there

eastwoodsdustman

Yeah, I'm sure the 'Gers' would just be as welcoming to the RoI national side.
My son went last night and loads of Rangers were in the England end.
I spoke to someone through work in Glasgow yesterday afternoon and he was an Rangers fan. Apparently they won't support Scotland or the SFA since they forced them to reform. He even said 'I hope you win'!

fernandopartridge

A reasonable night in Glasgow on the pitch. We should have put the game to bed before half time. Dunk was assured and brought his Brighton form to England. Bellingham sliced up the final third in a more number 10 role.

Question marks remain over the central area of the pitch - Henderson has retired and gone to Saudi, Maguire is error prone and doesn’t play and Phillips - whilst I like him, needs minutes at club level. Going to City was a bad move with class like Rodri, who never misses a game, well ahead of him.

On another note, England used all of the Rangers facilities including training ground, in the days leading up to the game (at Rangers invite) and England fans were welcomed at all Rangers bars in the city centre and around Ibrox (unlike at PH or paddy bars)… yet still people on here question why England fans like the Gers.
The love in with them is embarrassing, they're Scottish. Imagine England fans of days gone by going up and drinking in bars with the jocks

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rob9872

Probably no different really to a lot of scousers hating England

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Isn't it just. Used their facilities though, so that surely means England fans automatically support them.

Did you read what I said in my post? England fans drinking in all Rangers pubs, some with rangers references on their flags - none drinking in paddy bars. Why do you think that is? If you can’t read 3 sentences in full, that’s on you.

shmmeee

I mean to be fair by all accounts Bellingham turned Man City down, so it’s not for lack of talent he doesn’t play there.

David O'Day

A reasonable night in Glasgow on the pitch. We should have put the game to bed before half time. Dunk was assured and brought his Brighton form to England. Bellingham sliced up the final third in a more number 10 role.

Question marks remain over the central area of the pitch - Henderson has retired and gone to Saudi, Maguire is error prone and doesn’t play and Phillips - whilst I like him, needs minutes at club level. Going to City was a bad move with class like Rodri, who never misses a game, well ahead of him.

On another note, England used all of the Rangers facilities including training ground, in the days leading up to the game (at Rangers invite) and England fans were welcomed at all Rangers bars in the city centre and around Ibrox (unlike at PH or paddy bars)… yet still people on here question why England fans like the Gers.
Most England fans don't a fuck about Rangers, loads of us are even of Irish Catholic descent. It's just the handful of weird fold like you who are stuck in the past that care.

it's 2023 and most England fans probably think you are weird.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Most England fans don't a fuck about Rangers, loads of us are even of Irish Catholic descent. It's just the handful of weird fold like you who are stuck in the past that care.

The No Surrender, GSTK and Fuck The IRA chants the vast majority of the away end sang says otherwise.

Brighton Sky Blue

At the same time it isn’t that weird to drink in pubs with people of the same nationality. Beats the other type going out to these games looking for trouble, anyway

David O'Day

The No Surrender, GSTK and Fuck The IRA chants the vast majority of the away end sang says otherwise.
By a handful of people who like you are stuck in a time that is thankfully long gone. Also singing No Surrender at a game that doesn't involve Celtic or Ireland is fucking weird mate.

Also singing the fucking national anthem is not a pointed go at Catholics

Most Rangers fans are sound but its the ones like you who are stuck in the past and have fuck all to do with Glasgow that are weird, there's irish versions of you who are equally weird.

Most people be they Celtic, Rangers, Fucking Partick, Catholic, Protestant, no religion have moved on, it's 2023 and people want to move away from all that bullshit.

David O'Day

imagine being so stupid you decide to be anti Irish after watching your proudly of irish descent England captain score.

Users who are viewing this thread