Match Thread Sheff Utd v Coventry Match Thread - Wednesday 5th Apr (2 Viewers)

skyblue1991

It frustrates me, all these players we've had over the years like Fleck who have been average or poor for us, we stick by them for years, they then screw us over go somewhere else and put some effort in.
Fleck was definitely above average for is, certainly the last couple of seasons.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
They made the tactical changes and it changed the game :(

We had Willis go off and put Foley there which instantly weakens the defence, just as they have Clarke, Hansen and Sharp up front.

Nick

Administrator
The height. Sheffield's game is exactly like Bradford. Long diagonal ball to Hanson

Could have potentially tried to slot Rawson in somewhere then.

It sounded like Foley going to RB and their changes changed the game, was it like that watching it?

D

Deleted member 4439

It frustrates me, all these players we've had over the years like Fleck who have been average or poor for us, we stick by them for years, they then screw us over go somewhere else and put some effort in.

In fairness, they worked incredibly hard on Sunday. Young professionals or not that's going to take it toll after 60 mins.

Esoterica

We competed well after a hard fought game on Sunday, notice Oxford lost too. Fancy us to pick up some more wins tbh.
Me too, just enough to put us agonisingly close enough that we'll end up looking back over the season and curse the plethora of missed opportunities along the way.

fernandopartridge

Could have potentially tried to slot Rawson in somewhere then.

It sounded like Foley going to RB and their changes changed the game, was it like that watching it?
No. They were more on top first half. Like I said earlier, we fell asleep from the throw in and they scored. It was Foley I think.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Too many wrong decisions today.

From the off the midfield was weak. I get trying to set up defensively from the front but by Half Time, when I'd have taken a 0-0, we should have changed things.

Sheffield united made their subs minutes into the second half. I'm thinking thatbwas tactical on their part rather than them thinking 'shit, Coventry have made a change. We need to do the same'. Mind games and it paid off.

Foley; what does he offer? Ruben? Very poor again. Had our best chance and fluffed it. Doesn't work with him and Tudgay up top

Why not use Folivi? What was the worst that could happen?

After Wembley that was more disappointing than I imagined :(

Hobo

Sunday saw a lot of hard work, plus the emotion of it would have been draining. Then a few deserved beers.

Yes a few tired bodies. Not a bad performance considering. We have underperformed this year. But very young squad. Confidence has been a big issue and goal scorers to take the pressure off.

Terry Gibson's perm

Too many wrong decisions today.

From the off the midfield was weak. I get trying to set up defensively from the front but by Half Time, when I'd have taken a 0-0, we should have changed things.

Sheffield united made their subs minutes into the second half. I'm thinking thatbwas tactical on their part rather than them thinking 'shit, Coventry have made a change. We need to do the same'. Mind games and it paid off.

Foley; what does he offer? Ruben? Very poor again. Had our best chance and fluffed it. Doesn't work with him and Tudgay up top

Why not use Folivi? What was the worst that could happen?

After Wembley that was more disappointing than I imagined :(

Foley is a waste of a shirt and I wouldn't use him again. It can't work with Tudgay and Ruben as they play to close and Tudgay has no pace to move onto the ball.

After Saturday I would stop playing any loans unless they are coming back next year and any players that are of no use next year Foley,Tudgay

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Robins

Decent performance
Ran out of legs
Difficult to play after exertions and emotions of Sunday
Suffered fatigue
We needed to make changes
We're in the game until the 70th min
Legs started to wobble
Gave all I could ask
Emotional, physical, worked hard
Best team in the division
We've kept them out, made them make a change to their formation
Good luck to them; really good side
Just a step too far with the energies for us
Good players; I signed one of them
Focus on last 5
Bigi out on his feet; gone in the last 5-10 mins
George Thomas struggle with calf
Reid struggled with ham string
Stevenson with calf
Willis struggling with thigh
Lads on Sunday have all suffered
Muscle problems
No idea who will be available on Saturday
Difficult period
Is what it is
Can't ask anymore
Had 12 cup finals; now have 5

wingy

Clive keeps saying there's a decent core to build on,with 3-4 additions in the final third.
I think he's deluded not necessarily because they may not be up to it but because contracts are up and salaries need cutting.
I'd say more like 3-4 of the current crop will remain next season.

scottccfc

Just got back from Sheffield that m1 is a nightmare!
1st half we done as expected but tonight's game to me was lost in midfield bigi had no help 1st half bring Stevenson on look strong and they score 2 in 5 minutes one thing I will add is how poor there support was tonight!

stevefloyd

Just got back..got to say my phone was showing 4g in the stadium but couldn't get it to work ScottCCFC who took us there tonight (thanks) was with EE and just the same so I think SW88 takes his own mast with him
Have to say Sheffield were the better team on the whole but we wasn't that far behind them tonight, we were carrying too many players though.. Foley was very poor..Lameiras was woefully poor, Haynes was lost and out of position in left mid Bigi was probably spent after Sundays game and covering all the midfield tonight seemingly on his own but please please tell me what Turdshitgay brings to the team...can't hold it up can't do jack shit why the fucking hell does he keep getting played, their defence could have sat in deck chairs smoking cigars tonight for what threat he brought to the team.... PLEASE MARK ROBINS DON'T PLAY TURDGAY AGAIN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!...Folivi was warming up for ages but he must think what the hell do I have to do to get a game over Turdy??? Stokes my MOTM tonight... I will also add if DKE had been playing right back instead of Foley, I am convinced we would have drawn tonight, didn't look like a top v bottom game tonight though although they were winning all the 2nd balls BUT we had a few chances and if we didn't have some wooly legged wankers playing for us we could have scored 1 or 2,
PS... Leon Clarke looked good tonight even if the fans were against him, he looked fast direct and took his goal well...love to have him back

rupert_bear

Robins can only field the players he has at his disposal, was always going to change the cup final team and it stood up for 70 minutes against the best team in the division. We have all round deficionses he knows that and he will use the remaining fixtures to experiment various players, I doubt if any of the current loans will be kept on or those on short end of season contracts and he will know who of the current crop of youngsters are on the move.

Users who are viewing this thread