• Yes

Votes: 195 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 19.1%

• Total voters

Noggin

stop making excuses for the guy

his record is diabolical

I'm not making excuses for him, I'm saying I don't have the information to condemn him, I've stated that should that information indicate that he deserves to be fired then he should be fired.

matesx

its a results business

and results over a long long time have been dreadful

Noggin

its a results business

and results over a long long time have been dreadful

They have been dreadful, but we stayed up last year and we may stay up this year, weather that is dreadful for the resources and constraints he's under or good we simply don't know.

The speed at which this forum goes from we're getting relegated to we're going to make the playoffs and back shows how much the general fan really knows.

The Reverend Skyblue

Anyone who thinks playing big Frank Nouble out wide is tactically clueless.

how the hell they are going to promote and sell season tickets for next season is beyond me. Nothing Pressley will say for next season will be believed.

the club is dying .

Skyblueweeman

Yep.

I have always voted no previously and backed him and said let's see where we are just after Christmas.

Well, here we are and we are still a mess of a side.

Has to be yes I'm afraid.

In agreement with you Otis. I said give to Xmas as well but a change is needed. I like the bloke but nothings happening to go in the right direction so we need a change.

jimmyhillsfanclub

i hope this poll makes it to Telegraph

me too....you can't beat a good a telegraph poll

eb3e4f3a69ffff73efd1920fa4080cf1.jpg

http://www.telegraphpoleappreciationsociety.org/

Evo1883

Everbody needs to vot , i cant give a poll in of lets say 100 votes , i have tweeted simon requesting the results be shown in the telegraph , awaiting response

Evo1883

Simon forwarded me to aiden mcarthy , the CET sports writer , i have requested the results be used in the paper to show supporters current feelings on the manager , awaiting response

stupot07

I'm on my phone but will do it when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Evo1883

I had a reply from aidan
@aidanmccartney: @Evans1883 Hi Craig, thanks for highlighting this to me. We'll keep a close eye and see how the poll develops over the next 24 hours.
so its a good idea to vote , and keep this thread alive

Jay88

Team selections/Tactics are regularly strange. Worcester at home, taking a Striker off when we were about to go 0-1 down against a team 3 leagues below us. Walsall away, playing a player up front who the day before you told he is not in your plans and available for transfer. Playing a 6ft 3 striker left midfield, playing John Fleck left midfield earlier in the season ...... and the list goes on!

Jackoskyblue

I had a reply from aidan
@aidanmccartney: @Evans1883 Hi Craig, thanks for highlighting this to me. We'll keep a close eye and see how the poll develops over the next 24 hours.
so its a good idea to vote , and keep this thread alive

Good work mate I think we need a good 500 responses to get any sort of an accurate reflection tho

Covstu

He signed a four year contract, that makes him bulletproof. If sacking him means we cannot bring in more players then its a no.

He should do the decent thing and walk personally.

shy_tall_knight

Can't organize or motivate a team but worst of all can't pick a player, Bobby Gould for all his faults managed to identify decent players, only Bouble of the new contract extensions looked reasonable Fleck & Martin - the thought of a season with those in the team, doesn't bear thinking of.

Last 5 home league games W0 D3 L 2 and scored a single goal

chiefdave

The actual resources he has at his disposal when recruiting players and how that compares to other clubs. The players he let go and bombed out, his choice? Weather he actually believes the team were terrific or thats his way of supporting the players in public.

People make judgements on way to little information and boil much more complex things into silly simple statements.

We don't even know if we pay a percentage of our loans wages, if we want them for free and another club offers 2k a week then we get the dregs and people who have to go home to play for their youth team.

We've been told about the budget so you have that information unless you are saying that Waggot and Pessley are lying about the budget.

At the fans forum at the start of the season Pressley was asked about the bomb squad, players in and out and said all thsoe desicions were his and his alone so again unless you think he is lying you have that information.

Grendel

The actual resources he has at his disposal when recruiting players and how that compares to other clubs. The players he let go and bombed out, his choice? Weather he actually believes the team were terrific or thats his way of supporting the players in public.

People make judgements on way to little information and boil much more complex things into silly simple statements.

We don't even know if we pay a percentage of our loans wages, if we want them for free and another club offers 2k a week then we get the dregs and people who have to go home to play for their youth team.

Hogwash.

I suggest you start to analyse the resources other clubs have.

Swindon have slashed the wage bill and are resorting to loaners (5 played last night)

As for loanee dregs are you seriously saying Madine is dregs as is nouble? Last week we were being told the owners would lack ambition if they didn't pay a fee which was 2.5 times that of the Swindon striker who dominated proceedings last night for Madine.

Swindons only cash signing from this season was on the bench.

It's frankly idiotic to even try and claim his resources are less then some of the other teams in the promotion mix.

Noggin

We've been told about the budget so you have that information unless you are saying that Waggot and Pessley are lying about the budget.

At the fans forum at the start of the season Pressley was asked about the bomb squad, players in and out and said all thsoe desicions were his and his alone so again unless you think he is lying you have that information.

I answered a similar question on another thread this morning so I'll copy and paste my answer.

I agree he has told us what our budget is, I do not agree he has told us what our wage bill is. A budget is something you can spend, a bill is something you are spending.

We also know that waggot considers our playing budget and our ffp calculation to be the same thing. if this is true and we are currently spending 2.7mill, had we not sold Wilson (something we were told was never their plan) we'd basically not have had the budget ffp wise for a team.

also even if you give him the benefit of the doubt that budget = bill (which it doesnt) what does that include? was baker on 8k a week and we paid 4k a week to let him go? so 200k a year? similar applies to others we let go in this way are these part of our wage budget?.

I don't understand why people and journalists allow answers to questions that are so obviously massively open to interpretation from people who have been proven to exploit this fact at every opportunity.

Noggin

Hogwash.

I suggest you start to analyse the resources other clubs have.

Swindon have slashed the wage bill and are resorting to loaners (5 played last night)

As for loanee dregs are you seriously saying Madine is dregs as is nouble? Last week we were being told the owners would lack ambition if they didn't pay a fee which was 2.5 times that of the Swindon striker who dominated proceedings last night for Madine.

Swindons only cash signing from this season was on the bench.

It's frankly idiotic to even try and claim his resources are less then some of the other teams in the promotion mix.

I can't analyse the resources other clubs have because I'm not party to their wage structure or what they pay loanies or the full details of what they paid for a player nore do I know this for our own club.

your comments is what I was referring to when saying some people boil complex things down into silly simple statements, in fact in your case not only are they stupidly simple they are deliberately misleading.

Astute

I can't analyse the resources other clubs have because I'm not party to their wage structure or what they pay loanies or the full details of what they paid for a player nore do I know this for our own club.

your comments is what I was referring to when saying some people boil complex things down into silly simple statements, in fact in your case not only are they stupidly simple they are deliberately misleading.

Instead of making excuses for him why don't you just tell us what good things he brings to our club. I'll start you off. Enthusiasm. That is all I can think of.

I am not going to come out with all of his faults. I have been listing them for a few months now. He is mediocre at most things. Are you trying to say that he has less money than Scunny had spent? They had 1 league win all season. They get a decent manager. They now have 17 points from their last 7 games. So how can the same players suddenly become a good side?

You say that he saved us from relegation last season. We had the best two strikers in this division. The rest of the team were poor. Once we lost our strikers we were very poor. Just like we are now. Get real. We even got outplayed by a non league part time side. We are playing games without a shot on target. We play keep ball in the middle of the park without going forward. SP calls this dominating the game.

IMHO This isn't the fault of SISU. Look how many players he has brought in. Must be nearly 40 now. Yet all he seems to do is play them out of position. The last time we played well we had injuries so he put players in the side he doesn't want to play. They played well. Then not chosen the next game.

I am really trying to think of positives about SP. The whole situation is becoming a joke.

covhead1

He has got to go and not just for being a crap manager, although that is reason enough.

His post match interviews really piss me off, the bullshit he spins tells me he has no respect for us fans. Does he think we're all so stupid - Yes I think he does.

bye bye Pressley, you are on borrowed time

Noggin

Instead of making excuses for him why don't you just tell us what good things he brings to our club. I'll start you off. Enthusiasm. That is all I can think of.

I am not going to come out with all of his faults. I have been listing them for a few months now. He is mediocre at most things. Are you trying to say that he has less money than Scunny had spent? They had 1 league win all season. They get a decent manager. They now have 17 points from their last 7 games. So how can the same players suddenly become a good side?

You say that he saved us from relegation last season. We had the best two strikers in this division. The rest of the team were poor. Once we lost our strikers we were very poor. Just like we are now. Get real. We even got outplayed by a non league part time side. We are playing games without a shot on target. We play keep ball in the middle of the park without going forward. SP calls this dominating the game.

IMHO This isn't the fault of SISU. Look how many players he has brought in. Must be nearly 40 now. Yet all he seems to do is play them out of position. The last time we played well we had injuries so he put players in the side he doesn't want to play. They played well. Then not chosen the next game.

I am really trying to think of positives about SP. The whole situation is becoming a joke.

I've already said once I'm not making excuses for him and that if the information I don't know says he is underperforming then he should be sacked.

Users who are viewing this thread